Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Oct 16 2010, 08:27 PM)
Trains never lives up to the album version imo, it was just too perfect

yes.gif

In a way, I'm glad they didn't play anything from IA (1 of my favorites) at Radio City. The whole album is perfection.

Edited by ColdFireYYZ

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 16 2010, 10:22 AM)
Looking for some links to get some good concert bootlegs... Can't find them on dime anymore because PT is on the ANA list....

I want a good recording of something from the Incident tour, preferably an earlier show when they were doing the Incident in full...

Any Help would be great.

I have audios of somewhere in Europe maybe Germany ? and Cincinnati and an MP3 version of Houston.

The Incident is growing on me. At first, I thought it was decent, but now after a few more listens and seeing it live, I like it a lot more.

My favorite tracks are Drawing The Line, Time Flies, Bonnie the Cat, and I Drive The Hearse.

Time Flies was a highlight for me at the New York show. Great song & great performance.

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 16 2010, 08:56 AM)
I'm listening to Stupid Dream at the moment. It seems like this album is underrated among PT fans? I thinks its great. It was my introduction to PT so maybe that has something to do with my feelings.
Anybody love this one?

It is an awesome CD. Lightbulb Sun has a very similar flavor as well.

You are new to Porcupine Tree?

QUOTE (tangy @ Oct 16 2010, 09:07 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Oct 16 2010, 07:56 AM)
I'm listening to Stupid Dream at the moment. It seems like this album is underrated among PT fans? I thinks its great. It was my introduction to PT so maybe that has something to do with my feelings.
Anybody love this one?

Its a great disc. my fave from it is Stranger by the minute followed by piano lessons. pretty solid start to finish.

Pure Narcotic grabbed me first. I actually learned it on guitar and I don't play guitar. Go figure. smile.gif

QUOTE (Rush! @ Oct 18 2010, 11:39 AM)
Anyone know anything about the release of the Radio City show?
When will it be coming out?

Probably not for a while, since SW is pretty busy for the next year or so with other projects.

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Oct 18 2010, 12:53 PM)
No Radio City show... Royal Albert Hall as recorded for audio release in the future.

Right!

I read Radio City and was thinking RAH...never mind me.

All else applies, regarding SW's schedule.

There are ROIOs of the RCMH show though. I hear that at least one of them sounds pretty good.

Edited by tjtull

QUOTE (tjtull @ Oct 18 2010, 08:47 AM)
Great video from RAH of Stranger by the Minute. Watch it before they pull it from YouTube.

I hear JW singing but where is he?

I don't think Blackfield tour that much really, last time they played live was in 2007 during Blackfield II according to Setlist.fm. Good news is that they'll have a new album next year according to Steven. It kinda sucks though cause I'd want to see them too.

goodpost.gif

I completely agree. I would say that Lightbulb Sun is more underrated than Stupid Dream however. I'm in the minority that loves the Stupid Dream/Lightbulb Sun sound better than In Absentia onward.

Edited by PolarizeMe

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Oct 18 2010, 10:03 PM)

I completely agree. I would say that Lightbulb Sun is more underrated than Stupid Dream however. I'm in the minority that loves the Stupid Dream/Lightbulb Sun sound better than In Absentia onward.

I love Lightbulb Sun. It was my first PT album and I was hooked.

Edited by ColdFireYYZ