Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 15 2010, 10:59 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jan 15 2010, 10:39 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jan 15 2010, 08:25 PM)
QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Jan 15 2010, 08:56 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jan 15 2010, 06:34 PM)
QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Jan 15 2010, 05:13 PM)
http://www.last.fm/music/Steven+Wilson/+images/8844455

laugh.gif

Awesome! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I nearly pissed when that picture came up laugh.gif Turns out, some fan had put it up on stage, and he was asking who did it. Still, I hope the photographer wins the lottery!

Methinks the fan and Mr. Wilson are jealous of Coldplay tongue.gif

Methinks that's doubtful. But, I did read the comments, and it does appear that someone wrote the note and gave it to him. I don't mind Coldplay, per se. It's just that after listening to them for a little while, the thought, "This is silly music," passes my mind. confused13.gif

"Innocuous" is the word I think of when listening to Coldplay. They're just.....blah.

Yeah, exactly. They aren't horrible. They aren't fantastic. They're just silly after a point, as I stated above. laugh.gif

As far as the Wanker label goes, I don't think that's fair. When I think of wanker, for some reason David Beckham comes to mind. Dont' know why.

I'm starting to get a little antsy about the rest of the US dates. I am hoping PT announces a NYC and Philly date soon. Tickets sold out on the first leg so I figure they will be coming back to the Northeast in May and/or June.

It would be silly for me not to go see PT at Bogarts. It's right down the street!

That being said, I need to see where I stand financially. Rush and Christina Aguilera (sorry, I'm a fan) will be touring, too, and I want to go see all three of them. That may not be possible, so I may have to cut out one or two of them.

PT are not doing the same venues as they did last year. they are going to different cities this time around. saw them in philly last year and that venue sucked. worst place to see a band. you were only allowed to drink in a certain section of the venue. east coast venues suck in general. have always had a great time seeing them in LA. sound is much better there. the borgata in AC is nice. be great if they played there.

QUOTE (Pagon @ Jan 19 2010, 12:54 PM)
PT are not doing the same venues as they did last year. they are going to different cities this time around. saw them in philly last year and that venue sucked. worst place to see a band. you were only allowed to drink in a certain section of the venue. east coast venues suck in general. have always had a great time seeing them in LA. sound is much better there. the borgata in AC is nice. be great if they played there.

I would see them in AC because they are definitely worth the 5 hour round-trip drive. I saw NIN at the HOB and it was very intimate. During PT's first leg show at Terminal 5 in NYC on 2009-09-24, I recall Steven Wilson saying that PT would come back to NYC in the spring. Can anyone confirm that? He might have only said that PT was coming back to the states in the spring. But I thought he was very happy with the NYC crowd and said he would be back in NYC.

Alright. Which one of you mega geeks is this?

ROABP Competition Winner

Thanks to everyone who entered the ROABP competition to name as many film/literary references in Porcupine Tree song and album titles as they could.

We are pleased to announce that the winner was Jonathan Reed who lives in the United States who came up with 420 references

Jonathan wins an exclusive copy of the Deluxe Edition of The Incident, signed by the band.

420 references? Really?

First of all, someone has too much free time. I mean, seriously.

Secondly, without having actually taken a count, I would estimate that 420 is probably close to, if not more than, the total number of PT songs out there. So... yeah.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jan 29 2010, 11:01 AM)

ROABP Competition Winner
Thanks to everyone who entered the ROABP competition to name as many film/literary references in Porcupine Tree song and album titles as they could.
We are pleased to announce that the winner was Jonathan Reed who lives in the United States who came up with 420 references
Jonathan wins an exclusive copy of the Deluxe Edition of The Incident, signed by the band.

420 references? Really?

Secondly, without having actually taken a count, I would estimate that 420 is probably close to, if not more than, the total number of PT songs out there. So... yeah.

420 ? somehow that makes sinse... cool10.gif

They will be at Radio City Music Hall in Sept

1022.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Jan 29 2010, 10:05 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jan 29 2010, 11:01 AM)

ROABP Competition Winner

420 references? Really?

420 ? somehow that makes sinse... cool10.gif

rofl3.gif I hadn't thought of that. Ok, so nevermind. It does all make sense.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 1 2010, 06:39 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 29 2010, 11:11 AM)
1022.gif

WHOA! 1022.gif

Where'd you hear that? It's not up on their site yet.

It's the news section...scroll down to 1/22. The RCMH show is the special U.S. show. ROABP tix go on sale Wed and public onsale is Sat.

QUOTE (bardan @ Feb 1 2010, 06:43 PM)
1022.gif

WHOA! 1022.gif

It's the news section...scroll down to 1/22. The RCMH show is the special U.S. show. ROABP tix go on sale Wed and public onsale is Sat.

Yep, I see it. What is this ROABP thing I keep seeing in here, and how do I get onboard?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 1 2010, 06:52 PM)
QUOTE (bardan @ Feb 1 2010, 06:43 PM)
1022.gif

WHOA! 1022.gif

Yep, I see it. What is this ROABP thing I keep seeing in here, and how do I get onboard?

It's their fanclub which allows you to get presale tix and they will also send you a live CD when you join

ROABP

QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 1 2010, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (bardan @ Feb 1 2010, 05:37 PM)
Come check out the new PT forum!

Conference of the Strange

I'm there! Just registered, but like an idiot put down the work email I can only access from work! Won't be posting until tomorrow, I guess. At any rate, COOL!

BTW, hi dan! bekloppt.gif Long time, no see.

bekloppt.gif Hi sullysue! It has been a while. Glad you registered. I think the forum is really gonna take off. The band already put a link to it on their official site and Wes even became a fan of the facebook site. 653.gif

QUOTE (bardan @ Feb 2 2010, 10:16 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 1 2010, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (bardan @ Feb 1 2010, 05:37 PM)
Come check out the new PT forum!

Conference of the Strange

I'm there! Just registered, but like an idiot put down the work email I can only access from work! Won't be posting until tomorrow, I guess. At any rate, COOL!

BTW, hi dan! bekloppt.gif Long time, no see.

bekloppt.gif Hi sullysue! It has been a while. Glad you registered. I think the forum is really gonna take off. The band already put a link to it on their official site and Wes even became a fan of the facebook site. 653.gif

I'm having some trouble with the site, but I sent you a PM. Hopefully, you can help me out. That's great the band supports the fansites to the extent they do. And, Wes seems like a really accessable person. Like someone who'd sit down to have a drink with you if you ran into him somewhere.