Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Jan 10 2010, 10:13 PM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Jan 10 2010, 08:36 PM)
If you like PT you MUST check out Riverside.  I still haven't quite jumped on board but the influences are obvious.

goodpost.gif

Second Life Syndrome is absolutely incredible.

I think Anno Domini High Definition, is my favorite.

Yes PT fans should check out riverside........ It is kind of like PT meets Tool.

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jan 10 2010, 07:36 PM)
If you like PT you MUST check out Riverside. I still haven't quite jumped on board but the influences are obvious.

Oh yes! I've written about RIVERSIDE before. THEY RULE!

Too bad they will NEVER tour North America.

Please, I hope they prove me wrong some year.

QUOTE (Wartypig @ Jan 14 2010, 10:56 AM)
Saw /photographed them last year , but they weren't my cup of tea....

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/leemillward/Porcupine%20Tree%2009/DSC_0012.jpg

Sorry you didn't like them. Shame. They're amazing in my opinion.

I'd LOVE to see more of the photos you took, though. The one above is great.

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jan 14 2010, 03:22 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jan 15 2010, 05:23 AM)
I bought tickets for the Dallas show for me and Patrick this morning thorugh the ROABP thingy. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

653.gif

Good skills. I'm well stoked for you!! common001.gif

It's going to be so great. I'll take off early from work and we'll head downtown as early as we can. Have some dinner somewhere cool, and then get to HOB early so we can trample people to get up front. We've got it all planned out. Me and my boy. yes.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jan 14 2010, 05:04 PM)
I bought tickets for the Dallas show for me and Patrick this morning thorugh the ROABP thingy. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

653.gif

It's going to be so great. I'll take off early from work and we'll head downtown as early as we can. Have some dinner somewhere cool, and then get to HOB early so we can trample people to get up front. We've got it all planned out. Me and my boy. yes.gif

If you get on line early enough you should have no problem getting near the front. For the NYC show there were a bunch of people ahead of us and we still got close to the front.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 14 2010, 04:51 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jan 14 2010, 05:04 PM)

653.gif

If you get on line early enough you should have no problem getting near the front. For the NYC show there were a bunch of people ahead of us and we still got close to the front.

Oh, there will be no "near" the front, my friend. We will be the front. 1287.gif I want to be close enough to see straight up Steven Wilson's nostrils. laugh.gif

Edited by sullysue

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Jan 15 2010, 05:48 AM)
QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Jan 14 2010, 11:08 PM)
I'm going to the Houston show... hopefully there will be some possibility of getting up front.

get there 4 hours early.........i did for philly last year and i was front row right in front of mr. wilson cool.gif

Will do. I just got my ticket! It's a 90-mile drive for me, so I'm thinking of taking a mid-April holiday (show's on a Wednesday) and getting there early to eat and stuff. Hell yeah!

Hopefully Im in Texas by April....... If so then I might be going to the Houston show as well.. (or maybe Dallas, IDK)

If not I will be trying to go to the Atlanta show....... just hoping that tickets do not sell out, I cannot make any ticket commitments as of yet.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jan 15 2010, 06:34 PM)
QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Jan 15 2010, 05:13 PM)
http://www.last.fm/music/Steven+Wilson/+images/8844455

laugh.gif

Awesome! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I nearly pissed when that picture came up laugh.gif Turns out, some fan had put it up on stage, and he was asking who did it. Still, I hope the photographer wins the lottery!

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Jan 15 2010, 08:56 PM)

laugh.gif

I nearly pissed when that picture came up laugh.gif Turns out, some fan had put it up on stage, and he was asking who did it. Still, I hope the photographer wins the lottery!

Methinks the fan and Mr. Wilson are jealous of Coldplay tongue.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jan 15 2010, 08:25 PM)

laugh.gif

Methinks that's doubtful. But, I did read the comments, and it does appear that someone wrote the note and gave it to him. I don't mind Coldplay, per se. It's just that after listening to them for a little while, the thought, "This is silly music," passes my mind. confused13.gif

Edited by sullysue

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jan 15 2010, 10:39 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jan 15 2010, 08:25 PM)

laugh.gif

Methinks that's doubtful. But, I did read the comments, and it does appear that someone wrote the note and gave it to him. I don't mind Coldplay, per se. It's just that after listening to them for a little while, the thought, "This is silly music," passes my mind. confused13.gif

"Innocuous" is the word I think of when listening to Coldplay. They're just.....blah.