Sooooo Pearl Jam is touring

afurrything

Just 10 dates including Bonnaroo.

Anyone going? I have tickets to South Carolina. Not sure why I picked there. I knew I didn't want to fight for NYC since my Ten Club number is pretty high.

Just have to buy plane tickets and book a hotel now. I'm flying from IL to there. Not sure if I will fly in Saturday night or Sunday, the show is Monday. It is cheaper for the airfare and hotel package if I go Saturday by more than $200 but I would probably spend that much if I was there an extra day laugh.gif so probably just go Sunday and come back Tuesday.

I hope they add some Mid West dates and then I will do St Louis too. And will be tempted to go to Chicago.

one word come's to mind when i hear the name pearl jam . overrated

Eddy Vedder just queezes me out to no end. Such a phoney. I liked them for a minute back in the beginning of their run, but now they're too pompous for me. Could be all Eddy's fault. I dunno. His voice, like the guy from Soundgarten, just bores me.

Yes I agree the beginning of their career was the hilight and my fav era which would be the main reason to see them. I've seen them live and they're a great live band.

I give them a lot of credit for battling Ticketmaster over ripping off fans on the price of tickets.

It's Eddie, not Eddy. But yeah I will agree he is getting to be a pompous jerk. He has done some crap lately that makes me think WTF is up with him. I keep telling my daughter that I want to go see them so I can go up to him and say, you've changed, it used to be about the music.

There is just something about him tho that makes me not be able to resist them. Makes me spend $1000's of $$$ to fly anywhere to see them. I am a loser. yes.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 25 2008, 05:26 PM)
I saw Pearl Jam several times way back in the day. They were a fantastic live band. Now, they are off my radar screen. I lost interest in them around Yield.

They are still a great live band!!

I would have loved to have seen a show on the Yield tour.

QUOTE (afurrything @ Mar 25 2008, 06:33 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 25 2008, 05:26 PM)
I saw Pearl Jam several times way back in the day.  They were a fantastic live band.  Now, they are off my radar screen.  I lost interest in them around Yield.

They are still a great live band!!

I would have loved to have seen a show on the Yield tour.

I believe they played Madison Square Garden when Yield came out. I saw them several times before that. Randall's Island...Tibetan Freedom Concerts...I was impressed.

But yeah, Eddie Vedder is a bit pompous...I think he reads too much Chomsky! laugh.gif

A great band. The consistency they've shown since Ten has been remarkable. Missed them the last time they played Dublin. I won't repeat that mistake.

Eddie's pretty intense alright. Can't help liking the guy though.

Is there a new album on the way?

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 25 2008, 11:32 PM)
A great band. The consistency they've shown since Ten has been remarkable. Missed them the last time they played Dublin. I won't repeat that mistake.

Eddie's pretty intense alright. Can't help liking the guy though.

Is there a new album on the way?

I may join you if they play Dublin sometime in the summer. It'll be more of a laugh than seeing them in England.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 25 2008, 06:26 PM)
I saw Pearl Jam several times way back in the day.  They were a fantastic live band.  Now, they are off my radar screen.  I lost interest in them around Yield.

HA! That was my first PJ purchase! Heard the Learning to Fly song and thought it had a great vibe. Great album. Bought their latest too, which i think is quite good. Saw them for the first time a couple years ago.. great show. I'd see them again for sure.

Saw them 8th row about 4 or 5 years back in Buffalo, NY. Show was AWESOME. I went with my friend who love Pearl Jam as much as I love Rush and she got the tix through the Ten Club.

Wonder where she'll catch them this time -- she lives in NH, are they touring near there, afurrything?

I saw the VS. tour and it was amazing. Their Madison Square Garden show on freeview was great, too. I appreciate their musicianship and range of interest, and Eddie's lyrics are thought provoking. Their appreciation for Neil Young earns them points in my book as well.

Here is a list of the dates and places

11-Jun West Palm Beach, FL Cruzan Amphitheatre

12-Jun Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum

12 to 15-Jun Manchester, TN Bonnaroo

16-Jun Columbia, SC Colonial Center

17-Jun Virginia Beach, VA Verizon Amphitheatre

19-Jun Camden, NJ Susquehanna Bank Center

22-Jun Washington, DC Verizon Center

24-Jun New York, NY Madison Square Garden

25-Jun New York, NY Madison Square Garden

27-Jun Hartford, CT Dodge Music Center

30-Jun Mansfield, MA Tweeter Center

No new album before this little tour.

Where in Europe? They actually did a fairly big oversea tour in 06. I don't remember all of the places they hit since I couldn't go I didn't look closely at the places. I did want to go to one of the Germany shows but figured I'd need $3000-5000 that I just didn't have at the time.

I know they did several places in Italy. They hit Poland ,Denmark,Holland.

QUOTE (afurrything @ Mar 27 2008, 04:33 PM)
Where in Europe? They actually did a fairly big oversea tour in 06

the uk. that 06 tour consisted almost entirely of european festival shows (and festivals are always crap) plus one date at wembley arena which they preferred to sell tickets to american ten club members than uk based non-fan club members.

judging by the demand for tickets and the prices that touts were charging pearl jam could sell out multiple arena dates in the uk. i'm sure that goes for the rest of europe too. just seems they don't like us very much.

Archived