Why does Rush suck so bad?

Pags

QUOTE (hope70 @ Mar 4 2008, 02:58 PM)
Easily one of the most overrated bands ever in Rock n Roll history.
Also, why couldn't they just keep making albums like 2112 and stay the same without doing anything different.
They really suck

I hear you. I mean what's with that singer with the funny hair? Ya old hippy! And Albert Liveson? Can you say "overrated"? What about that drummer, Neal Purt? God what an embarrassment... Shoulda just stuck with John Rusty.

Well, at least they have a good song here and there like Dog Years and Rivendell. Why they've never played them live is beyond my belief. Their first album, BTW, is easily their best -- especially lyrically. I'd much rather hear songs about deep topics like in "In The Mood", instead of those crap lyrics of "Open Secrets" and "Mission".

God, these guys just don't know how to do it. Why did I waste my time buying all of their CDs, a gold CD of Permanent Waves, an MVI, poster, portrait, and those DVDs, and waste blank CDs burning all of the 50 some bootlegs I have? I could have used the money to buy tickets to that Green Day concert coming up. And still have enough to go see Sum 41 three times.

doh.gif

Of course, all of the above is a joke. laugh.gif

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Pags @ Mar 4 2008, 10:04 AM)
I really can't stand these guys.  They kinda suck.  Sorry but I have to call it as I see it.  They used have a decent tune here and there, but nothing worth buying an entire album over.  And I'm trying to sit and think of when the last time they came out with anything worthwhile, but just can't.

Overly pompous, over stuffed, self indulgent junk.  I mean, what kind of person is a Rush fan anyway?  Ugh.

I'm outtahere to go listen to something good, like The White Stripes.

moon.gif

Rush or Kiss, i cant deside who sucks ass more !

moon.gif moon.gif

Rush / Kiss

Seriously- -i'm so sick of this band, i have these friends who are always telling me how these awesome pop/emo bands like Fall out boy are stupid, have no skill, and write boring songs, but they are so cool, that rush band is dumb, their singer is a girl. My friends are always telling me to listen to a real band like rush, but when i do, it hurts my brain because i can't take the awesomeness

FINALLY! someone with the balls to say how it really is! these guys aren't half as good as think they are. oooh let's play a bunch of notes in strange time signatures and sing about black holes.

Wait... I'm not sure that came out right.

Yeah that band call Rush sure sucks alright. Their singer and bass player is a girl, their guitarist is way overrated, and their drummer blows goat. They also have the 2nd worst lyricist ever.

QUOTE (Pags @ Mar 4 2008, 11:04 AM)
I really can't stand these guys. They kinda suck. Sorry but I have to call it as I see it. They used have a decent tune here and there, but nothing worth buying an entire album over. And I'm trying to sit and think of when the last time they came out with anything worthwhile, but just can't.

Overly pompous, over stuffed, self indulgent junk. I mean, what kind of person is a Rush fan anyway? Ugh.

moon.gif

goodpost.gif

Finally somebody who gets it!!!!!

QUOTE (tick @ Mar 4 2008, 08:21 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Mar 4 2008, 10:04 AM)
I really can't stand these guys.  They kinda suck.  Sorry but I have to call it as I see it.  They used have a decent tune here and there, but nothing worth buying an entire album over.  And I'm trying to sit and think of when the last time they came out with anything worthwhile, but just can't.

Overly pompous, over stuffed, self indulgent junk.  I mean, what kind of person is a Rush fan anyway?  Ugh.

moon.gif

Rush or Kiss, i cant deside who sucks ass more !

moon.gif moon.gif

Rush / Kiss

Sorry but nobody sucks more than kiss.

I'm still waiting for ________ to come in here and start explaining how the White Stripes are as good as or better than Rush and therefore your satire is ill-conceived.

QUOTE (Pags @ Mar 4 2008, 07:04 AM)
I really can't stand these guys. They kinda suck. Sorry but I have to call it as I see it. They used have a decent tune here and there, but nothing worth buying an entire album over. And I'm trying to sit and think of when the last time they came out with anything worthwhile, but just can't.

Overly pompous, over stuffed, self indulgent junk. I mean, what kind of person is a Rush fan anyway? Ugh.

moon.gif

I am impressed that you could fool us all for 13K+ posts before your true colors come out...

I bet you are a personal friend of Carlos Perez...

Wait, I've never seen them in chat together. They're probably one in the same. yes.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (theworkingman23 @ Mar 5 2008, 12:00 AM)
And that drummer is really overrated!!! Why cant he be more like Travis Barker???? THNE BEST DRUMMER IN THE WORLD!!\\ trink39.gif
1022.gif

rofl3.gif

that guy is a clown trink39.gif one of the most OVERRATED drummer's on the planet

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. No matter how wrong they may be. My daughter isn't crazy about "my boys" either, but it's something that I have to live with. Where did I go wrong. My opinion (and it's the right one) is that they're the best. Period, end of subject, there's no more room for discussion. Yes, I'm sounding like a parent too.

Archived