What % increase in bitchin after we know setlist?

ReflectedLight

What % increase in bitchin after we know setlist?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What % increase in bitchin after we know setlist?

• 0 %
    • <10%
    • roughly 25%
    • 50%
    • 75%
    • All out bitchin

No matter what they play it'll be wrong. Every song will fall into either the "I can't believe they dropped song X!" category or else "I can't believe they're playing song X again, I thought they were revamping the setlist!" It will happen. It always does.

I say 50%, but not from people who complain about the setlist, more fro m people who'll say "AW! I PAID $400 FOR THE FIRST LEG AND I DIDN'T GET TO SEE THE CAMERA EYE AND HEMISPHERES!! WTF!!?"

Luckily, although I missed them last year I have 2 tickets for this leg AND am lucky enough to have a live CD (and DVD) of what I missed coming out soon too. yes.gif

QUOTE (vprtrls @ Feb 28 2008, 12:58 PM)
I picked zero percent because the first time that I know the setlist will be one song at a time as they play it on June 10th in Joe Louis Arena.

I will attempt to be Mr. Spoiler Avoider! Wish me luck...2.gif

My thoughts exactly.

I picked zero percent because the first time that I know the setlist will be one song at a time as they play it on June 10th in Joe Louis Arena.

I will attempt to be Mr. Spoiler Avoider!  Wish me luck...2.gif

I wanted to avoid spoilers too, but then I realized I'll probably be surrounded by fans grumbling that they're going to play Closer to the Heart again. Even for my Test for Echo show there were people who were blabbing about how awesome Natural Science was going to be. You just can't stop these people!!

I ran it through my Rush fan bitchin algorithm. Its quite complicated!

8.6%

3% people bitchin about the setlist.

5.6% people bitchin about the people bitchin about the setlist.

17% increase in rolling eyes and beating dead horse posts, but these fall outside the algorithm subsets.

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Feb 28 2008, 01:38 PM)
I ran it through my Rush fan bitchin algorithm. Its quite complicated!

8.6%

3% people bitchin about the setlist.
5.6% people bitchin about the people bitchin about the setlist.
17% increase in rolling eyes and beating dead horse posts, but these fall outside the algorithm subsets.

rofl3.gif

but then I realized I'll probably be surrounded by fans grumbling that they're going to play Closer to the Heart again. Even for my Test for Echo show there were people who were blabbing about how awesome Natural Science was going to be. You just can't stop these people!!

Yep, I already knew the setlist for the last tour before I went and we got to the show fairly early. My friend went to go find the bathroom and I left to find our seats. I sat down by myself to wait and almost immediately the lady next to me, a total stranger, turns to me and just lets loose an uninterrupted stream of "OMG they're going to play this song and that song and that song!". I appreciated her excitement but if I had gone to a lot of trouble to avoid spoilers I would have been pissed! Do these same people sit next to strangers in a movie theater and lean over and tell them who the killer really is before the show starts? People just love to feel like they have information that others don't.

QUOTE (WorkingAngel @ Feb 28 2008, 01:29 PM)

My thoughts exactly.

Add onemore to the less b!tching. I Avoid setlists, and although I Love this place, I usually log off the tour threads once the tour starts.

The thing that sux is that the PNC show is so far towards the end this time, I may not get a chance to hold off from peeking for the entire tour.

Give me strength, Oh geddy.

So, I would like to pre-emptively b!tch. Since I won't be here until after my show, could someone fill in the blanks for me , so I can join in the obligatory B1tch session and not feel left out:

1) They didn't play_____

2) The played _____again!

3) They played too many songs from_________

4) They played not enough songs from ________

5) The first set/second set/entire show was ________ songs shorter than/ too similar to the last show.

6) Some of Neils solo repeated itself from the _____tour

Circle one as no matter which they do one will be wrong and therefore the correct B!tch

:

1) The guy in front of me wouldn't sit down/

The guy in back of me kept yelling for me to sit down

2) Someone spilled beer on me/

I spilled all of my $8 beer

3) Sound was bad, Crowd was crazy

sound was good, Crowd was dead

4) The concert started later than last time

The sun was still up when they started killing the light show

And these I feel we can feel free to pre-emptively B!tch about no matter where you see them, and no matter when you go. No need to wait until showtime to B1tch with these classics:

1) Neil didn't smile enough

2) I tried to take pictures and the security guards got in my face.

3) Tickets were too expensive

4) They Should play different songs each night

5) My Vapor Trails still has clipping

Thanks, guys, I feel so much better. I would have had to hold all that in until July.

QUOTE (MalignantNarcissist @ Feb 28 2008, 02:42 PM)

So, I would like to pre-emptively b!tch. Since I won't be here until after my show, could someone fill in the blanks for me , so I can join in the obligatory B1tch session and not feel left out:

1) They didn't play_____

5) The first set/second set/entire show was ________ songs shorter than/ too similar to the last show.

Circle one as no matter which they do one will be wrong and therefore the correct B!tch
:

And these I feel we can feel free to pre-emptively B!tch about no matter where you see them, and no matter when you go. No need to wait until showtime to B1tch with these classics:

Thanks, guys, I feel so much better. I would have had to hold all that in until July.

You just might have covered it all...BUT then again, people will always find something to bitch about, eh?

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (MalignantNarcissist @ Feb 28 2008, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE (WorkingAngel @ Feb 28 2008, 01:29 PM)

My thoughts exactly.

Add onemore to the less b!tching. I Avoid setlists, and although I Love this place, I usually log off the tour threads once the tour starts.

The thing that sux is that the PNC show is so far towards the end this time, I may not get a chance to hold off from peeking for the entire tour.

Give me strength, Oh geddy.

1) They didn't play_____

:

I'm the same way. Once the first show is played, I will be MIA until I see the show on 5/1.

By the way, you pretty much hit every possible bitch scenario. Congrats! laugh.gif

QUOTE (hope70 @ Feb 28 2008, 04:20 PM)
QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Feb 28 2008, 04:08 PM)
Whoever said 0% is a bit misled aren't they?

Isn't that the perfect world? No one bitches about Rush tunes. laugh.gif

Haha, if only.

Archived