How many of you rate Rush as your Favourite band  

147 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you rate Rush as your Favourite band

• Yes they are my favourite bar NONE
    • No they are good, but not my absolute faves

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (nimagraven @ Feb 26 2008, 08:27 AM)
Yup, they are.

I like many bands and like all kinds of different genres of music, but none have a hold of me or make me keep returning to their CDs like Rush do. So I'd have to say that makes them my favourite band almost by default tongue.gif.

goodpost.gif

Can't explain why. There are certainly plenty of other bands that I love too, but Rush are something else.

Rush.

No question.

Rush.

By at least a mile.

Rush.

I love so many different styles, to many artists to count, and there are even some that occationaly come a little closer to the fave spot...

But it's always Rush at Number One for me. Love them like no other!

I don't think i can really say that I have a favourite band as such.

I love Rush but I also love Zepellin, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, early REM and many more bands.

I think however that as Rush were such a big part of my formative years that they are the most dominant band in my mind and the one I keep coming back to.

I never really get into debated about whether are Rush better than Zep, Floyd etc as they are all truly fantastic bands who have been rightly successful within their field.

I enjoy all sorts of music now but if you look at my I-Tunes play count then you will see Rush right up at the top.

I voted yes only because my more subtle option wasn't available:

The truth for me is, that while there is no band I love more than Rush, there are a handful of other groups I love as much as Rush.

That being said, none of those other groups are still producing quality music, so perhaps that really does push Rush over the edge...

Yes they are my favorite band. There is Rush, and then there is everyone else.

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Feb 25 2008, 08:55 PM)
The only member of Led Zeppelin that could be considered in the same league as any Rush member is Jimmy Page

Errrrrrrrrrrr, have you ever heard of a bloke called John Paul Jones????

Quiet unassuming chappy, plays the bass a bit, bit tasty on the old keyboards, top notch musical arranger and bit of a duff singer. He's the true genius of Led Zeppelin.

Are Rush my favourite band? I don't know, I'm too old to bother with things like that, I'm not 18 any more. There's plenty of music out there that I love, but, Rush are the only band I will go to see multiple times on tour.

Thank-you

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Feb 25 2008, 09:56 PM)
QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Feb 25 2008, 10:55 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Feb 25 2008, 07:50 PM)
QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Feb 25 2008, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Feb 25 2008, 07:33 PM)
QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Feb 25 2008, 10:30 PM)
QUOTE (hope70 @ Feb 25 2008, 05:59 PM)
QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Feb 25 2008, 08:55 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Feb 25 2008, 08:26 PM)
Yeah they're my favorite but Led Zeppelin is slightly better

The only member of Led Zeppelin that could be considered in the same league as any Rush member is Jimmy Page, and he is amazing at guitar, but Alex is just so much more creative and versatile, just listen to all Rush has done! From their first album that had its roots completely in Led Zeppelin, to 2112, Moving Pictures, Signals, Power Windows, Roll the Bones, and many more!

ALEX RULES

Alex would be the first to tell you that he loves Jimmy Page. Huge influence. Said when he first met him years ago, he was incredibly nervous.

i am 100% aware of that fact, I am also a big Jimmy Page fan, and i love his live extended solos (something i kinda wish Alex would do), but I think Alex is Better

Alex is better at writing but Jimmy is the greatest of all-time at playing!

hmmmm... still debateable

My top 5 for playing are

1. Jimmy Page

2. Eric Clapton

3. Stevie Ray Vaughn

4. Alex Lifeson

5. Jeff Beck

yes, those guys are all amazing lead players, but just think of Alex's variety and versatility in playing, it seems as though all those guys on your list ( don't get me wrong, they are all really good) all are restricted to one style of playing, but Alex has so many tools in his bag its ridiculous, With his use of Legato, artificial and natural harmonics, melody... blah blah, he can play anything

Yeah Jimmy and Alex are the two most incredibly versatile players ever.

I think when you talk about guitarists and the "best guitarist" you will never get a firm answer. There are too many aspects of playing the instrument to take into concideration....In the end it just comes to tastes. Take me for example, my faviorate guitarist would be David Gilmour...I like melodice music, and Gilmour is the best melodic guitarist out there IMO. The Man can make a guitar freaking sing. Alex, and Jimmy are up there as well.

Are they the band i listen to the most, no, not at all. Will i always consider them my favorite band loyalty wise, YES ! 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (nic2112nic @ Feb 26 2008, 03:17 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Feb 26 2008, 02:27 AM)
My tied faves are Yes and Mike Oldfield, but then it's Rush. So they're either 3rd or 2nd, however you look at it. tongue.gif

Don't kill me... bolt.gif

Yay, another Mike Oldfield fan!

I would like to be explore Oldfield a little more... I like Tubular Bells so I bought Ommadawn thinking I might be able to get into it and found it horribly boring so never went beyond that really.

Yep, my favorite, far and away. I'm 41, but I'm still young enough to have a favorite. Part of me will always be that 15 year old kid hearing the first big run down the toms in Temples of Syrinx for the first time.

QUOTE (wordsmith @ Feb 26 2008, 03:26 PM)
Yep, my favorite, far and away. I'm 41, but I'm still young enough to have a favorite. Part of me will always be that 15 year old kid hearing the first big run down the toms in Temples of Syrinx for the first time.

That's another reason people have favourite bands. Although I do think they're the greatest band in the world as well as my personal favourite there is a distinction. Fond memories of a band or song can often make it a favourite even if you don't actually consider it the best. Although Subdivisions isn't my favourite Rush song I have one clear, great memory attached to that song and because of that everytime I hear it I get taken back to that time and I love it! cool.gif

Archived