Are Rush your FAVOURITE band?

Borough of Shmeng

How many of you rate Rush as your Favourite band  

147 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you rate Rush as your Favourite band

• Yes they are my favourite bar NONE
    • No they are good, but not my absolute faves

Interested to see how many of you fellow TRF dwellers rate Rush as their absolute favourite band, as opposed to one they just like very much.

I love many other bands, but I do rate Rush above them all, so lets see where you all are at my friends. biggrin.gif

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. I have a great passion for music (Especially Progressive Rock) and although I'm of the opinion nobody even comes close to Geddy, Alex and Neil I do listen to other bands on a regular basis. I admit at times it becomes a strain to take 2112 off and put Selling England By The Pound or whatever on and I do acknowledge that my love for Rush is an obsession but sometimes even if I don't really feel like it I force myself to change the record to avoid being completely cut off from other bands.

My "list" goes something like;

Rush

(An amount of space immeasureable by man)

Pink Floyd

(An amount of space immeasureable by man)

All my other favourites.

I love some other bands but, in the end, no one else does it as well or has done it for as long. No one else is as consistent in their quality either. No one else challenges the fan as much as Rush through the changes the band makes.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Feb 25 2008, 08:26 PM)
Yeah they're my favorite but Led Zeppelin is slightly better

The only member of Led Zeppelin that could be considered in the same league as any Rush member is Jimmy Page, and he is amazing at guitar, but Alex is just so much more creative and versatile, just listen to all Rush has done! From their first album that had its roots completely in Led Zeppelin, to 2112, Moving Pictures, Signals, Power Windows, Roll the Bones, and many more!

ALEX RULES

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Feb 25 2008, 08:55 PM)

The only member of Led Zeppelin that could be considered in the same league as any Rush member is Jimmy Page, and he is amazing at guitar, but Alex is just so much more creative and versatile, just listen to all Rush has done! From their first album that had its roots completely in Led Zeppelin, to 2112, Moving Pictures, Signals, Power Windows, Roll the Bones, and many more!

ALEX RULES

Alex would be the first to tell you that he loves Jimmy Page. Huge influence. Said when he first met him years ago, he was incredibly nervous.

QUOTE (hope70 @ Feb 25 2008, 09:59 PM)

ALEX RULES

Alex would be the first to tell you that he loves Jimmy Page. Huge influence. Said when he first met him years ago, he was incredibly nervous.

Alex being a fan of Jimmy does not equal Jimmy is better than Alex. Having said that i prefer Alex as a live guitarist since there is no way to predict exactly what Jimmy will play but I think Jimmy might be a bit sharper in writing and is an absolute wizard in the studio.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Feb 25 2008, 09:15 PM)

ALEX RULES

Alex being a fan of Jimmy does not equal Jimmy is better than Alex. Having said that i prefer Alex as a live guitarist since there is no way to predict exactly what Jimmy will play but I think Jimmy might be a bit sharper in writing and is an absolute wizard in the studio.

I wasn't comparing the two, but there is a little of Jimmy in Alex, but two different guitarists.

I don't really have an absolute favourite band anymore. I did when I was younger, but by now there are about four or five bands that move me equally that I can't rank anymore.

2.gif is one of them yes.gif

QUOTE (hope70 @ Feb 25 2008, 10:19 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Feb 25 2008, 09:15 PM)

ALEX RULES

I wasn't comparing the two, but there is a little of Jimmy in Alex, but two different guitarists.

Rush and FBN in particular are heavily influenced by Page. Of course, in the mid seventies what young guitarist didn't have that influence?

My tied faves are Yes and Mike Oldfield, but then it's Rush. So they're either 3rd or 2nd, however you look at it. tongue.gif

Don't kill me... bolt.gif

I like Queensryche, Kings X, UFO. etc. But Rush is a totally different animal. This is an interesting thread, because I have tried to explain 2.gif to non-fans and it's difficult. (I'm sure most of you have tried) . As far a the music goes, you either get it or you don't. Most fans that I know connect with the music in a personal way. A 2.gif live show is something else entirely. The most prominent feeling I remember from my first 2.gif show happened before the show even started. I was standing in the middle of a sold out arena looking all around and I said, "Wow...look at all these 2.gif fans!" biggrin.gif

QUOTE (keakag @ Feb 25 2008, 08:34 PM)
I like Queensryche, Kings X, UFO. etc. But Rush is a totally different animal. This is an interesting thread, because I have tried to explain 2.gif to non-fans and it's difficult. (I'm sure most of you have tried) . As far a the music goes, you either get it or you don't. Most fans that I know connect with the music in a personal way. A 2.gif live show is something else entirely. The most prominent feeling I remember from my first 2.gif show happened before the show even started. I was standing in the middle of a sold out arena looking all around and I said, "Wow...look at all these 2.gif fans!" biggrin.gif

goodpost.gif

Archived