I love Drumming!!!

Ya_Big_Tree

Just wanted to say that I love drumming so much! I wish all of life could just be drumming!

I feel just so great after practicing... few things in life give me that much pleasure!

Just wanted to tell you all that. I'm sure you all feel the same about your music abilities. biggrin.gif tongue.gif

I understand how you feel. I remember first starting out, learning all of Rush's songs and playing along with them, playing in various bands. Oh what fun! However, I've now been playing drums since 1981 and am pretty sick and tired of it! Enjoy it while you're young and take care of your wrists and ears so that you have many years of enjoyment left.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Feb 25 2008, 02:03 PM)
Just remember your computer is not a high-hat.  We all know what happened last time you used your PC as a drum.

dazed025.gif

What's wrong with pretending my computer is a hi-hat? I do it at work all the time, see?

http://www.crucialminutiae.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/smashed-computer.jpg

Edited by the masked drummer

I say go with the Tri-fecta, Guitar, Bass, AND drums. The three all build on one another. Especially the guitar/bass combo. I started playing bass about 6? months ago, been playing guitar for 15+ years.... I played bass exclusivley for about 4 months, ya know, had to get the basics down... Got to where I could play Middletown Dreams, Roll the Bones, and The Pass on bass.... Played those to death, then felt the homesickness... Went back to guitar....

I could play SO much better after playing the bass for a good while. I have greater dexterity and endurance on the fretboard now!!!!

confused13.gif

QUOTE (J0N @ Feb 25 2008, 04:59 PM)
What happened to Guitar wtf.gif

Thats the way to go

I just wasn't feeling a connection to the guitar to be honest. Not like when I play the drums! It's such a great feeling beating the hell out of the drums and making really cool beats! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Feb 25 2008, 08:59 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Feb 25 2008, 03:00 PM)
I'm glad you're loving it more than I was when I was drumming. tongue.gif

That's why you're a bassist. tongue.gif

That's right! wink.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Feb 26 2008, 02:41 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Feb 25 2008, 08:59 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Feb 25 2008, 03:00 PM)
I'm glad you're loving it more than I was when I was drumming. tongue.gif

That's why you're a bassist. tongue.gif

That's right! wink.gif biggrin.gif

z7shysterical.gif wink.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Feb 25 2008, 01:33 PM)
Just wanted to say that I love drumming so much! I wish all of life could just be drumming!

I feel just so great after practicing... few things in life give me that much pleasure!

Just wanted to tell you all that. I'm sure you all feel the same about your music abilities. biggrin.gif tongue.gif

yes.gif

I remember how I felt after a good round of practice & playing: kinda like a runner's high after all that exertion and so relaxed afterward. Who needed a gym when I could take a run at Permanent Waves form start to finish.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Feb 27 2008, 11:17 AM)
Just wanted to say that I love drumming so much!  I wish all of life could just be drumming!

Just wanted to tell you all that.  I'm sure you all feel the same about your music abilities.  biggrin.gif  tongue.gif

yes.gif

I remember how I felt after a good round of practice & playing: kinda like a runner's high after all that exertion and so relaxed afterward. Who needed a gym when I could take a run at Permanent Waves form start to finish.

trink39.gif

Wow all of PeW!! Dude that is awesome! biggrin.gif 1022.gif

Drumming is the most fun a girl can have without taking off her clothes! wink.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Feb 27 2008, 01:31 PM)
Just wanted to say that I love drumming so much!  I wish all of life could just be drumming!

Just wanted to tell you all that.  I'm sure you all feel the same about your music abilities.  biggrin.gif  tongue.gif

yes.gif

trink39.gif

Drumming is the most fun a girl can have without taking off her clothes! wink.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

spit6ph.gif

I was going to reply with some witty rejoinder but now...I'm....just ..distra..cted.

trink38.gif

i am with ya[ya biggrin.gif ]. when you get done playing after a few hrs it's very draining but the greatest feeling in the world trink39.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Feb 27 2008, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Feb 27 2008, 01:31 PM)

yes.gif

trink39.gif

spit6ph.gif

I was going to reply with some witty rejoinder but now...I'm....just ..distra..cted.

trink38.gif

blush4.gif

If I wasnt so concerned about the noise I make and my neighbours I would be out there playing way more often, Esp after investing heavily in hi end drums and paragon cymbals,I have a setup now akin to Neils, I will post pics when I get a few other neccessary things,but when I do go out and play to Rush songs I feel really great afterwards knowing I done a good job of playing along to the worlds greatest rock drummer

I played along to James Brown this weekend. laugh.gif My teacher is really impressed with how quickly Im picking up new rhythms. biggrin.gif My homework is to practice along to AC/DC songs. laugh.gif