What Movie Did You Watch Today?

Ru5h F@n

This section is an area I created where we can talk about the movies that we watch on a daily basis. You are allowed to go into as much detail about the movie that you want. No limits here from favorite scenes to quotes to plot, etc. I know I try to watch at least 1 a night. It makes my night more complete knowing I had a little entertainment for the evening. yes.gif

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Feb 3 2008, 05:38 PM)
This section is an area I created where we can talk about the movies that we watch on a daily basis. You are allowed to go into as much detail about the movie that you want. No limits here from favorite scenes to quotes to plot, etc. I know I try to watch at least 1 a night. It makes my night more complete knowing I had a little entertainment for the evening. yes.gif

"We're allowed"?

Well, that's very gracious of you.

I watched Cape Fear last night on dvd. Apparently it's a 2 disc set. Never knew that till I bought it.

"You will learn about loss!" - Max Cady (Robert De Niro)

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Feb 4 2008, 02:01 PM)
I watched Nick Of Time tonight. Man I still get scared and I've watched this about 40 times now.

Nick of Time with Depp? I vaguely remember the movie but don't remember anything about it being scary.

Watched Spider-Man 1 last night for the millionth time. I have some complaints about it but overall it was a good intro to the Spidey mythology.

Complaints:

- Green Goblin costume: it was more like Iron Man's costume which isn't a good thing for this character. Willem Defoe has one of the most expressive faces in Hollywood and it was wasted when he put on that helmet/mask. I wouldv'e gone with Defoe painting his face a dark green and wearing a dirty tunic/clothes or something to that effect...could've even gone with purple to satisfy comic loyalists

- the fate of the GG (don't want to say too much here JUST IN CASE someone hasn't seen it)

- Peter Parker is a genius but we really didn't see too much of him using his brain to beat the Goblin

- Kirsten Dunst, though not bad, didn't seem like the Mary Jane that I imagined

The Good Stuff:

- Cool that they included the pro-wrestling bit that was in the comic

- Tobey Maguire pretty much was how I imagined Peter Parker from the comics

- The spirit of the comic itself did translate well onto the screen

- J.Jonah Jameson (Spidey's boss)...excellent...A dick through and through

I give this flick a 7 out of 10

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Feb 3 2008, 11:12 PM)
I watched Cape Fear last night on dvd. Apparently it's a 2 disc set. Never knew that till I bought it.

The De Niro version of that movie kicks arse! Now I'm wondering why my version doesn't have two discs... What's on the second disc?

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Feb 4 2008, 09:38 AM)

The De Niro version of that movie kicks arse! Now I'm wondering why my version doesn't have two discs... What's on the second disc?

I assume bonus features probably.

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Feb 4 2008, 01:48 PM)
QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Feb 4 2008, 09:38 AM)

I assume bonus features probably.

What the...? You own this and you don't know what's on the second disc?

Well, don't worry, I'm here to help.

Thanks to DVD Talk for the specs.

Extras:

Making of Cape Fear: This is a newly created 80 minute documentary is a terrific exploration of the production of the picture. As with all of the efforts done by DVD producer Laurent Bouzereau, this is a great and informative piece that explores the arc of the project. We first learn more about what attracted the director to the project as well as the original people involved (we learn that Spielberg was once considering directing), working with the actors and the issues regarding production itself. There's not a great deal of behind-the-scenes footage, but there is some and also the occasional production stills. Interviews are included with the Scorsese, Nolte, producer Barbara De Fina, Lewis, production designer Henry Bumstead and many other folks. The documentary is mainly made up of interviews and certainly, they aren't "promotional", they really bring a great deal of insight and understanding into how the picture came to be.

Deleted Scenes: These are deleted or extended snippets that are available to view, unfortunately without additional commentary by director Scorsese. I'd be willing to guess that they're simply deleted due to time and pace issues.

Parade Sequence: This is a very interesting little featurette that combines clips from the scene in the film with behind-the-scenes snippets of the scene being prepared and filmed. Very well-edited and often seamless, this is really superbly done.

Houseboat: This is another short featurette that shows the actors goofing around in rehearsal, then doing the houseboat sequence for real, with full-on water involved. It's always interesting to see what these scenes actually looked like on-set, though.

Matte Paintings: A fascinating montage, this shows several scenes before-and-after background plates were added in.

Also: Photograph montage, theatrical trailer, production notes, cast/crew bios, DVD-ROM features, DVD Newsletter and Recommendations.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Feb 4 2008, 05:12 PM)
QUOTE (bornTOrush @ Feb 4 2008, 03:27 PM)
I watched We Are Marshall today.

I liked that one.

So did I !

A very moving film, IMO. To see a college football team face such a tragedy and rise above it.

smile.gif

QUOTE (bornTOrush @ Feb 5 2008, 05:23 PM)
QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Feb 4 2008, 05:12 PM)
QUOTE (bornTOrush @ Feb 4 2008, 03:27 PM)
I watched We Are Marshall today.

I liked that one.

So did I !

A very moving film, IMO. To see a college football team face such a tragedy and rise above it.

smile.gif

Great movie. yes.gif

Over the weekend, we watched The Pope of Greenwich Village. I LOVE that movie and CeeJ had never seen it. I figured she'd love it just for the scenery of New York alone, but she actually dug the movie quite a lot.

I don't think Rourke or Roberts have ever surpassed their acting in this movie. Totally great.

I watched "Cliffhanger" on Spike last night. I hadn't seen it probably 15 years. John Lithgow plays an awesome villain. Pretty convincing English accent too.

QUOTE (rush fanatic @ Feb 5 2008, 08:23 PM)
I watched (full metal jacket) for about the 20th time

One of my all-time favorites. That movie kicks all kinds of ass! yes.gif

http://www.comedydownunder.com/extras/articles/mallrats.jpg

Mallrats last night. The extended edition on side 2 of the 10th anniversary DVD.

It was good, but not as good as the theatrical version on side A of the same DVD.

"That kid is sitting on the escelator again!!!"