Dear everyone

Jack Aubrey

I recently have come to the realization that I've been a bit of a grouchy bastard lately. Admonishing people for posting the wrong thing in the wrong forum, taking new people to task for starting a thread when there's already an existing thread about the same thing (the most recent example being what I did to poor old BestIKenster the other day), and being a general pain in the ass. I'm afraid my zeal for trying to keep a nice neat forum has overridden my capacity for treating people with dignity and respect. I shall try hard to not let that happen anymore.

So with that being said, please accept my sincere regrets for the way I have been acting and if you ever see a need for it, help me to remember that this place is first and foremost about having fun. I realize now that not everyone has the same vision for this forum as I do (though if they had any common sense, they would [that's a joke, of course!]) but perhaps we can combine our respective visions for this forum to help make it better for all concerned.

Thanks for listening,

Jack

ohmy.gif

Jack Sir? grouchy bastard ?!?

GetouttaheA!!

hey Jack?

hate to remind u this but...

ur human wink.gif

trink39.gif hug2.gif

awwwwww, poor grouch tongue.gif

We're all here to have fun and a lot of fun this place is!

I think some of us newbies were a little too eager at first and couldn't find the search button......

This place is huge and I know it was a bit overwhelming at first for me. Kinda went at it like elephants in a china shop?

Guidance from Ye Elders was certainly appreciated! Especially for us computer illiterates.

I can't speak for Ken( I can TRY and talk some sense into him, though) but I think you're funny and informative. We all get grouchy sometimes. I know I do.

Keep the order and you're doing a GREAT job Jack!

1022.gif on!

Joanna

This is my first Dear Jack letter,

Jack, it's the beginning of a new year, your site gets overwhelmed

by refugees from a sinking ship. After learning the workings of the ship, I can speak for myself saying, now I know which direction to aim my posts at. How could you not be somewhat grouchy? All these freakin' people come outta know where.........with confusing thread questions and polls ( not know to search history first). That's alot to deal with. Apology accepted on my end ,not even necessary. I should be apologizing to you!

'Nuf Said, Jack..........Have a RUSHFILLED WEEKEND!!!

ph34r.gif

this site is THE best.

trink39.gif

2.gif

QUOTE (BestIKenster @ Feb 1 2008, 06:14 AM)
by refugees from a sinking ship. After learning the workings of the ship, I can speak for myself saying, now I know which direction to aim my posts at. How could you not be somewhat grouchy? All these freakin' people come outta know where.........with confusing thread questions and polls ( not know to search history first). That's alot to deal with. Apology accepted on my end ,not even necessary. I should be apologizing to you!

ph34r.gif

this site is THE best.

trink39.gif
2.gif

By the way........"Wabbit Season" smile.gif

QUOTE (BestIKenster @ Feb 1 2008, 10:14 AM)

ph34r.gif

this site is THE best.

trink39.gif
2.gif

Thank you, sir. I'm glad that you and your "fellow refugees" have found a home here and I know you are all going to be an asset to this forum.

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Feb 1 2008, 09:48 AM)
ohmy.gif
Jack Sir? grouchy bastard ?!?
GetouttaheA!!

hey Jack?
hate to remind u this but...

ur human wink.gif

trink39.gif hug2.gif

I have always admired your generous and kind spirit. Thank you.

QUOTE (joanneeeeee @ Feb 1 2008, 10:02 AM)
awwwwww, poor grouch tongue.gif

We're all here to have fun and a lot of fun this place is!
I think some of us newbies were a little too eager at first and couldn't find the search button......
This place is huge and I know it was a bit overwhelming at first for me. Kinda went at it like elephants in a china shop?
Guidance from Ye Elders was certainly appreciated! Especially for us computer illiterates.

I can't speak for Ken( I can TRY and talk some sense into him, though) but I think you're funny and informative. We all get grouchy sometimes. I know I do.

Keep the order and you're doing a GREAT job Jack!

1022.gif on!
Joanna

Thank you kindly, ma'am! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Feb 1 2008, 09:44 AM)
bd.gif

No, I'm going to be hanging up the whip for a while. In fact, I think I'll bury it! biggrin.gif

MEMO TO JOHNNY BLAZE AND TREEDUCK: I DEMAND THAT JACK BE STRIPPED OF HIS TRF TESTICLE AWARD!

THE DUDE'S GONE SOFT!

laugh.gif tongue.gif wink.gif kidding of course!

Meh I wouldn't sweat it Jack...like Donna said you are just human. i'm like that sometimes saying stuff and later on regetting it and letting it bother me. Prime example being my stupid feud with Indy ( sad.gif )

I'll tell you what people...when Jack personally feels like he is "too grouchy" or out of line or whatever it gets to him. He feels like he must make amends and tries his best to do so even when it's not really neccessary. More than I can say for some people (me included)

I remember a few years ago when he asked people to make suggestions for the Video Vertigo forum and I was brainstorming and figured why not an Actor's Association thread like the Word Association thread. Well he PM'ed me and empathically said NO! laugh.gif (something about hogging the server or whatever). So I thought ok no big deal and totally forgot about it.

It must've been at least a YEAR later when he PMed me and wanting to apologized for shooting down my idea. It was BOTHERING him. That's the kind of guy he is.

It's just the gentleman in him. Cheers to a good guy! trink39.gif

Like you I'm a major movie/tv geek so I love this forum and reading all the good stuff you and others post. Keep up the good work!

trink39.gif

Edited by Test4VitalSigns

Being grouchy is a privilege afforded by hitting your 40's.

I take great pleasure at times as being referred to as a grumpy F*cker by some of me younger colleagues tongue.gif

wub.gif

Jack,

We all have our moments and believe me

I have LOTS!!! sad.gif I see posts like this one

and it just makes me HAPPIER to be your

FRIEND!!! hug2.gif

Again like it was said before... We are all

human. I LOVE YOU JACK!!!!!

wub.gif

Y'all are just too sweet. Thanks so much.

Excuse me, there's something in my eye. wink.gif

I can see where you're coming from. Sometimes it can be difficult to keep patience when seeing the same thread title just re-worded by numerous posters. Things tend to get cluttered, anyway...

I think you're one cool mother. I mean, you finished the John Milton, "Alexander" sentence in the book thread. Cool cat. I dig you.

QUOTE (Janie @ Feb 1 2008, 11:41 AM)
I can see where you're coming from. Sometimes it can be difficult to keep patience when seeing the same thread title just re-worded by numerous posters. Things tend to get cluttered, anyway...

I think you're one cool mother. I mean, you finished the John Milton, "Alexander" sentence in the book thread. Cool cat. I dig you.

Thank you very much! I think you're pretty cool yourself! trink39.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 1 2008, 11:48 AM)
Nicely done, Cap'n.

smile.gif

Thank you, dear lady!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Feb 1 2008, 08:15 AM)
I recently have come to the realization that I've been a bit of a grouchy bastard lately. Admonishing people for posting the wrong thing in the wrong forum, taking new people to task for starting a thread when there's already an existing thread about the same thing (the most recent example being what I did to poor old BestIKenster the other day), and being a general pain in the ass. I'm afraid my zeal for trying to keep a nice neat forum has overridden my capacity for treating people with dignity and respect. I shall try hard to not let that happen anymore.

So with that being said, please accept my sincere regrets for the way I have been acting and if you ever see a need for it, help me to remember that this place is first and foremost about having fun. I realize now that not everyone has the same vision for this forum as I do (though if they had any common sense, they would [that's a joke, of course!]) but perhaps we can combine our respective visions for this forum to help make it better for all concerned.

Thanks for listening,
Jack

We're all grouchy bastards at one time or another, ya shite. No worries, and no apologies needed. trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Feb 1 2008, 09:50 AM)
Being grouchy is a privilege afforded by hitting your 40's.

That's good news for me; I'm turning 40 this weekend, and will now have an excuse for being curmudgeonly.

Jack, you're only human. I hadn't noticed any unusual grouchiness on your part, but - big man that you are - you stepped-up and apologized for any that existed. I don't know what you did in the military, but I know you display a certain everyday heroism here on our site. You da man.

And God knows you're not the first moderator to get touchy about which-posts-go-in-which-forums. Maybe by your example, your fellow moderators will also remember that "it's supposed to be fun," and go easy on us. admin.gif

Best,

Mark