I STILL hate "Heavy Metal"

Slime

Even thinking about it makes me sick.

It has been a long time since I first (and, believe me, LAST) saw it. I just can't get over how BAD it was. It wasn't even "Street Fighter" or "Super Mario Bros." bad, where you can laugh at the badness. It was just so bad that every frame of animation was like an insult headed in my direction. Imagine watching a movie, and every second you watch, you are kicked in the nose and your hair gets pulled while some little brat is screaming into your ear.

No wait, that's not fair....to screaming brats and hair pulling. I'd rather go through that than watch "Heavy Metal" again.

There is no doubt that I'll have to receive MONEY if I ever watch that movie again.

If Richard Jeni had watched Heavy Metal, we'd have never heard him talking about Jaws 4.

unsure.gif

I'm not exactly a fan, either. I saw it twenty years ago at a "Midnight Madness" showing, and bought a used VHS copy last year for $1... then re-watched it. It didn't age well, if it was any good to begin with.

We had a TRF member named MikeRoach who posted heavily for about four months about all his likes and dislikes, and he started a thread about "Heavy Metal," raving about it.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jan 13 2008, 06:09 PM)
Never been a huge fan either, but I do like the WWII zombie segment and the one the cover art is based on. I've never watched this one baked, it might help.

Yes, the zombie segment was the only good segment in the movie. Very Twilight Zone-esque.

Slime also thinks Red Barchetta sucks. laugh.gif (I'm serious about that though)

Though the movie hasn't aged very well, the art & characters were based on the comic so in that respect it did what it was supposed to. And that soundtrack is still good.

Yeah, that zombie bomber segment is the best.

Storm Shadow, it does help to watch it this way: cool10.gif

I've never been able to sit down and watch it either. When it was released on video and soundtrack about 10 years ago, I left the movie on the shelf and bought the CD. Some great songs are on there, including Don Felder's title track which is killer.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jan 14 2008, 08:34 PM)
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

which is the best BOC song ever!

Concur.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jan 14 2008, 04:15 PM)
I like to too! STERN!

Heavy Metal

I've seen the movie, I didn't think it sucked, but is not something I would persue watching again.

By the way...watching this clip. Does the Captain Sternn character remind anyone of Zapp Branigan of Futurama?