Fast Times At Ridgemont High

TheRocinanteKid

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushbass @ Dec 19 2007, 09:12 PM)
Mr. Hand: Where is Jeff Spicoli? I saw him earlier today, near the first floor bathrooms, is he still on campus? Anyone?
[Desmond raises hand]
Mr. Hand: Yes, Desmond?
Desmond: I saw him outside, near the food machines.
Mr. Hand: How long ago?
Desmond: Right before class.
Mr. Hand: All right. Bring him in.
[Desmond exits]
Mr. Hand: What is this fascination with truancy? What is it that gets inside of your heads? There are some teachers at this school who look the other way at truants. It's a little game you both play. They pretend they don't see you, and you pretend you don't ditch! Now, in the end, who pays the price? YOU!
[Desmond re-enters; Spicoli follows him. He has a bagel stuffed into crotch; with open shirt, barefoot, holding Vans]
Jeff Spicoli: [Desmond re-enters; Spicoli follows with bagel stuffed into crotch; with open shirt, barefoot, holding Vans] Wait a minute, there's no birthday party for me here! Hello, Mr. Hand.
Mr. Hand: What's the reason for your truancy?
Jeff Spicoli: Just couldn't make it on time.
Mr. Hand: You couldn't, or you wouldn't?
Jeff Spicoli: See, there was a full crowd at the food lines.
Mr. Hand: Food will be eaten on YOUR time. Why are you continuously late for this class, Mr. Spicoli? Why do you shamelessly waste my time like this?
Jeff Spicoli: [long pause, but then with complete truth in his answer] I don't know.
Mr. Hand: [Mr. Hand goes to blackboard and writes the words 'I Don't Know', then underlines them]
[reciting]
Mr. Hand: I like that. 'I Don't Know.' That's nice.
[imitating]
Mr. Hand: 'Mr. Hand, will I pass this class?' Gee, Mr. Spicoli, I don't know! You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to leave your words right up here for all my classes to enjoy, giving you full credit of course, Mr. Spicoli.
Jeff Spicoli: All right!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif That's the best!!!

Mr. Hand was at a loss after that one.

Mike Damone: I mean don't just walk in. You move across the room. And you don't talk to her. You use your face. You use your body. You use everything. That's what I do. I mean I just send out this vibe and I have personally found that women do respond. I mean, something happens.

Mark Ratner: Well, naturally something happens. I mean, you put the vibe out to 30 million chicks, something is gonna happen.

Mike Damone: That's the idea, Rat. That's the attitude.

Mark Ratner: The attitude?

Mike Damone: Yeah! The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

Mike Damone:

First of all Rat, you never let on how much you like a girl. "Oh, Debbie. Hi."

Two, you always call the shots. "Kiss me. You won't regret it."

Now three, act like wherever you are, that's the place to be. "Isn't this great?"

Four, when ordering food, you find out what she wants, then order for the both of you. It's a classy move. "Now, the lady will have the linguini and white clam sauce, and a Coke with no ice."

And five, now this is the most important, Rat. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV.

Edited by rushbass

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 21 2007, 02:07 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Dec 21 2007, 12:25 PM)

I hung aout with the Spicolies of the world.  I remember those days well  tongue.gif

applaudit.gif for use of the word "Spicolies"

z7shysterical.gif

I was just gonna put stoners, because I didn't know how the hell to pluralize spicoli biggrin.gif

then he messes up and plays Kashmir(?) not Zep IV!!!

LOOOOOVE that flick, I gotta buy it.

Do they have a special edition or anything???!

QUOTE (rushbass @ Dec 21 2007, 05:47 PM)
And five, now this is the most important, Rat. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV.

Quick cut to Ratner on his date with Stacey, in his sister's car. The stereo is, indeed, playing Led Zeppelin... but the song is "Kashmir," which is from Physical Graffiti, not Zeppelin Four.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Dec 24 2007, 09:55 AM)

Quick cut to Ratner on his date with Stacey, in his sister's car. The stereo is, indeed, playing Led Zeppelin... but the song is "Kashmir," which is from Physical Graffiti, not Zeppelin Four.

That always bothered me! Apparently, they couldn't get the licensing for Led Zeppelin IV after they shot the scene.

Is THAT what is is, or is it that this dude is such a loser he can't even get the right Zep tape playin?

I love the scene where they are getting off the bus on the field trip to witness an autopsy.

Science teacher (can't remember his name)- "Are you in my class?"

Spicoli- "I am today!"

Thats always bothered me. How f-cking hard would that have been to get right?

The song works very well for the gag though... but geez, name it correctly!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 24 2007, 10:05 AM)

That always bothered me! Apparently, they couldn't get the licensing for Led Zeppelin IV after they shot the scene.

But could get the license for Physical Grafitti?

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Dec 24 2007, 10:32 AM)
Is THAT what is is, or is it that this dude is such a loser he can't even get the right Zep tape playin?

No I think its a legimitmate mistake or problem with shooting the line and then getting the music..anyone know the stight verifyable truth?

Crowe is a big Zeppelin fan, and has successfully used their music in his films. In addition to the "Kashmir" example in "Fast Times," there's also Zep tunes in "Almost Famous."

He can get the rights to Led Zeppelin 3 and Physical Graffiti, but not Zeppelin Four? Doesn't sound right.

Back when he was a young teenage journalist (the subject of "Almost Famous"), he toured with Zep.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 24 2007, 11:55 AM)

I know. Maybe the publishing company, or whoever handles the legalities, charged more money for songs off of Led Zeppelin IV than for songs off of Physical Grafitti? confused13.gif I have no idea, all I know is they messed up big time.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 24 2007, 01:46 PM)

I know. Maybe the publishing company, or whoever handles the legalities, charged more money for songs off of Led Zeppelin IV than for songs off of Physical Grafitti? confused13.gif I have no idea, all I know is they messed up big time.

Physical Graffiti was on the Swan Song label, whereas IV was on the Atlantic label. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

My opinion is that it was done that way on purpose. Rat was so nervous, he made a mistake and threw in Physical Graffiti instead of IV.

Also consider that they were listening to the album while on their way to the restaurant. Damone's instructions were to listen to IV while making out, which is usually at the end of the date.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Dec 24 2007, 01:52 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 24 2007, 01:46 PM)

Physical Graffiti was on the Swan Song label, whereas IV was on the Atlantic label. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

He's used a song from Led Zeppelin III in one of his movies, and that was Atlantic.

confused13.gif

Oh, you mean your not supposed to make out until the end of the date, sounds kinda boring to me.

Sometimes , my wife and I would even skip the dinner/movie. ;-)

Ahh the good old days before 2 little freeloaders came into our lives!

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Dec 26 2007, 09:32 AM)
Oh, you mean your not supposed to make out until the end of the date, sounds kinda boring to me.
Sometimes , my wife and I would even skip the dinner/movie. ;-)
Ahh the good old days before 2 little freeloaders came into our lives!

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Dec 24 2007, 01:02 PM)
My opinion is that it was done that way on purpose. Rat was so nervous, he made a mistake and threw in Physical Graffiti instead of IV.

I agree! trink39.gif

QUOTE (rushbass @ Dec 26 2007, 05:51 PM)
QUOTE (Arndrake @ Dec 24 2007, 01:02 PM)

I agree! trink39.gif

You know, I never thought of it that way, but I can see that, and its quite funny. Wrong album, and not when he was supposed to play it smile.gif