I think there will be changes for 2nd leg

ReflectedLight

QUOTE (hope70 @ Nov 10 2007, 01:50 AM)
They have finished the first leg, and I just think the time they have off between now and when they start the 2nd leg, they will be adding a few changes in songs.
They want to keep things fresh for themselves and the fans.

Y'really think so...?

QUOTE (Melll @ Nov 10 2007, 06:03 PM)
They have finished the first leg, and I just think the time they have off between now and when they start the 2nd leg, they will be adding a few changes in songs.

Y'really think so...?

That's what I think.

What do you think? moon.gif

I also agree there will be a 2nd leg to this tour and also believe there certainly will be some changes. My thought: 2 songs dropped and 2 to replace it.

I also expect Rush to take a year off and then in 2010. They tour without a new record and call it the Farewell Tour.

If we get that we'll be lucky. But I believe that's going to be all folks.

yes.gif no.gif

QUOTE (hope70 @ Nov 10 2007, 05:58 PM)

Y'really think so...?

That's what I think.

obviously we think what we want to think wacko.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Nov 12 2007, 12:19 AM)

Y'really think so...?

That's what I think.

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (darkhelmet07 @ Nov 11 2007, 06:49 PM)
I also agree there will be a 2nd leg to this tour and also believe there certainly will be some changes. My thought: 2 songs dropped and 2 to replace it.

I also expect Rush to take a year off and then in 2010. They tour without a new record and call it the Farewell Tour.

yes.gif no.gif

R40 5 hour long set 1022.gif

QUOTE (J0N @ Nov 23 2007, 10:30 AM)
I also agree there will be a 2nd leg to this tour and also believe there certainly will be some changes.  My thought:  2 songs dropped and 2 to replace it.

I also expect Rush to take a year off and then in 2010.  They tour without a new record and call it the Farewell Tour.
If we get that we'll be lucky.  But I believe that's going to be all folks.

yes.gif  no.gif

R40 5 hour long set 1022.gif

R50! 653.gif 1022.gif

rush says they will never do a farewell tour. also, they are working on new material, or so i heard

Yeah, they said that when they do decide to call it quits they'll just stop recording and touring, and not do a big nostalgia tour like "this is the last time you'll EVER get to see us, so give us your money."

Besides, you would want a farewell tour to sum up everything Rush is about, and one thing Rush has NEVER been about is touring solely on past successes without looking to the future. Even when the did R30, they hit the studio and recorded a handful of '60s covers because they felt guilty about touring without a new record to support. I wouldn't want them to turn into a KISS-style self-parody, where they do one last tour just so everybody could hear "Tom Sawyer" for the millionth time.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 23 2007, 01:54 PM)
Yeah, they said that when they do decide to call it quits they'll just stop recording and touring, and not do a big nostalgia tour like "this is the last time you'll EVER get to see us, so give us your money."

Besides, you would want a farewell tour to sum up everything Rush is about, and one thing Rush has NEVER been about is touring solely on past successes without looking to the future. Even when the did R30, they hit the studio and recorded a handful of '60s covers because they felt guilty about touring without a new record to support. I wouldn't want them to turn into a KISS-style self-parody, where they do one last tour just so everybody could hear "Tom Sawyer" for the millionth time.

I agree with you that is why I intend to make as many of the second leg gigs as I can. You never know when they may get into the studio and feel that just can't do it anymore to the quality they once did and just shake hands say it was fun and go their separate ways. They have enough money to last several generations. Clean living does that no divorces etc. So the need to keep doing it just cause they need the cash is not a worry for them. This band will bow out gracefully with there integrity in tact as they have conducted themselves throughout the entirety of their careers.....

Gail

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 23 2007, 07:50 PM)
QUOTE (hope70 @ Nov 23 2007, 02:54 PM)
Even though Rush might not make it to R40.
Imagine them coming out for a Reunion Tour R40 with 2 intermissions.
1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

Yeah, because they'll definitely be able to do that when they're in their mid-60s.

One can only hope. laugh.gif

Hasn't Ged, Alex, and Neil say that they are interested in recording a new album with Nick?

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Nov 23 2007, 08:17 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 23 2007, 07:50 PM)
QUOTE (hope70 @ Nov 23 2007, 02:54 PM)
Even though Rush might not make it to R40.
Imagine them coming out for a Reunion Tour R40 with 2 intermissions.
1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

Yeah, because they'll definitely be able to do that when they're in their mid-60s.

One can only hope. laugh.gif

Hasn't Ged, Alex, and Neil say that they are interested in recording a new album with Nick?

Yes. They have a 2 record deal with a record company including S & A.

So they have at least one more, but I think the next one will be the last followed by a brief North American Tour.

QUOTE (daveyt @ Nov 12 2007, 12:19 AM)

Y'really think so...?

That's what I think.

All puffed up with vanity

We see what we want to see

To the beautiful and the wise

The mirror always lies

This thread started as changes to the '08 tour and morphed into when the band is going to quit. Everyone knows that they won't play forever. I say enjoy this time while they're playing and don't spend much time wondering about the end.

QUOTE (DallasRUSHian @ Nov 25 2007, 01:25 AM)
This thread started as changes to the '08 tour and morphed into when the band is going to quit. Everyone knows that they won't play forever. I say enjoy this time while they're playing and don't spend much time wondering about the end.

smile.gif Well said sir. goodpost.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Nov 26 2007, 08:04 PM)
QUOTE (DallasRUSHian @ Nov 25 2007, 01:25 AM)
This thread started as changes to the '08 tour and morphed into when the band is going to quit.  Everyone knows that they won't play forever.  I say enjoy this time while they're playing and don't spend much time wondering about the end.

smile.gif Well said sir. goodpost.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

Although I agree with it, you have to remember that these kinds of thoughts are coming from a good place (i.e. none of us want the boyz to stop) smile.gif

Archived