please help me convince my girlfriend to go along!

bringer of balance

hello, rush fans...

I'm still trying to convince my girlfriend to join me on one of the rush concert I'm going to...

she still doubting because we will have to putt the kids with a babysitter for a night

please send some messages to help me convince here after all...

thankx biggrin.gif

Wow - getting perhaps a last chance to see one of the most famous acts in the history of rock, and being there with her boyfriend as he achieves spiritual enlightenment watching his favorite band fronted by the God of Bass himself...

She should be clasping onto your leg begging for you to take her.

smile.gif

Guaranteed awesome time! Hope she decides to come with you!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Sep 6 2007, 08:48 AM)
So what, is this the first time you've left your little ones with a babysitter?

Lie to her. Tell her the concert ends at 9 and that you will be home by 10.

MAZYYZ - You should have be a relationship columnist/adviser like Ann Landers.

LOL

z7shysterical.gif

Yes. By all means, take the advise of a bunch of goofballs who would probably SELL their wives and girlfriends for a meet and greet. eyesre4.gif

Try compromising with her and say you'll trade a nice evening out for dinner anywhere she wants to go if she agrees to go to the concert with you. It's important for you guys to have time out alone, and she probably knows how important this concert is to you. She might be uncomfortable with leaving the kids with a sitter (is it the leaving them part or the cost?), but you HAVE to every once in a while. I think it's really sweet that you want to take her and enjoy the show together! A lot of guys would rather go with their "buddies" and leave the chicks at home. So, GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!! trink39.gif

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Sep 6 2007, 04:28 PM)
Me and "bringer of balance" are going to the rotterdam shows together, so he just needs to inform his girl that I will be there to... thats all! rofl3.gif 653.gif

hey snake,

only in your dreams, man!!!! nice answer rofl3.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Sep 6 2007, 07:54 AM)
Dump her sorry ass and find a girlfriend that wants and deserves to go.

Sorry. I don't mean that, but it was a perfect set up. tongue.gif

Back, back, back....

This could go...

It's outta here!!!! laugh.gif

You didn't mention why she doesn't want to go. Is it because she doesn't like Rush? Or, is it that she loves Rush and doesn't want to leave the kids with a babysitter?

If she doesn't like Rush, dump her and go alone.

If it's the latter, bring the kids along! How old are they? I brought my son to his first Rush show when he was 10. But, I've seen kids at the Rush shows much younger than that. Just bring earplugs for them.

Good luck! I have been trying to get my wife to go to a concert for years.

I do think she will enjoy it though and it will help you become closer to her on an emotional level.

That's the kind of crap I tell my wife anyway. Let me know if it works.

QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 6 2007, 11:24 AM)
My wife went to one show. After which she vowed never again.

Let her decide on her accord..... unless you need a designated driver and in that case she must attend.

As usual Tang....you have the right answer.

I took a long-time girlfriend to the GUP show. She didn't like it and was whining about going home early on. Looking back, she was always a pain in the ass. Live and learn.

I took my wife (and yes SS, I'm still married to her, I turned down the meet & greet swap wink.gif ) to the T4E show. She was late, mad about traffic, and didn't care for it much once she got there.

Now, I'm not particularly selfish, but damn! If I'm forking over my hard earned cash to see a concert that I really want to see, I don't want anybody spoiling my enjoyment. Bad random things happen enough at concerts w/o adding a whining companion into the mix.

Again, leave her at home and go to the show. Even better, sell the other ticket and use the proceeds to take her out to dinner the following night. (Or buy some really good beer for the show.trink39.gif )

hello: thankx for the many responses...

here's an answer to some questions...

a) it's a little of everything

cool.gif our babysitter asks 25 euro a kid (25 x 3)

c) she doesn't yet know rush to well (only vapor trails (she loves) and snakes and arrows)

d) has to take vacation

e) and I think she just want's me to go alone with some friends because she knows how much this means for me!!!

I'm not going to ask no more, because when you have to go to a "almost 4 hours long" rock concert and still don't know to much of them, it"s a different story...

butt I certainly won't be lonely, arrowsnake is with me, and at the moment everyone at TRF ho is going to rotterdam is waiting for us!!!

thankx 2.gif fans cool.gif

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Sep 6 2007, 12:24 PM)
QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 6 2007, 11:24 AM)
My wife went to one show. After which she vowed never again.

Let her decide on her accord..... unless you need a designated driver and in that case she must attend.

As usual Tang....you have the right answer.

I took a long-time girlfriend to the GUP show. She didn't like it and was whining about going home early on. Looking back, she was always a pain in the ass. Live and learn.

I took my wife (and yes SS, I'm still married to her, I turned down the meet & greet swap wink.gif ) to the T4E show. She was late, mad about traffic, and didn't care for it much once she got there.

Now, I'm not particularly selfish, but damn! If I'm forking over my hard earned cash to see a concert that I really want to see, I don't want anybody spoiling my enjoyment. Bad random things happen enough at concerts w/o adding a whining companion into the mix.

Again, leave her at home and go to the show. Even better, sell the other ticket and use the proceeds to take her out to dinner the following night. (Or buy some really good beer for the show.trink39.gif )

Yea, It's a good time to go out with the guys.

Well, I say if you have her blessings, just go with your friends. It's only a problem if she gives you a hard time about going. If she doesn't like Rush, she's not likely going to start liking them, especially if she's heard them enough times being around you.

My problem is, my wife doesn't like Rush, nor does she like me going to the shows. Probably because my friends are not exactly angels. But hey, I'm giving her the opportunity to steer me away from that crowd, right?

QUOTE (Natch @ Sep 6 2007, 09:17 PM)
Well, I say if you have her blessings, just go with your friends. It's only a problem if she gives you a hard time about going. If she doesn't like Rush, she's not likely going to start liking them, especially if she's heard them enough times being around you.

My problem is, my wife doesn't like Rush, nor does she like me going to the shows. Probably because my friends are not exactly angels. But hey, I'm giving her the opportunity to steer me away from that crowd, right?

hey,

no, lucky for me, that's not the problem...

but if I can give advice: you're girl should be happy and supportive that you have you own interest too.

shouldn't she be glad that she's got a night for here own? biggrin.gif

hope you the best...

Archived