Epilepsy, seizures...

Drumnut

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None today, I want to stop sleeping so much, it must be this repulsive winter weather, I miss the sun. I am so much NOT a morning or winter person and my internal body clock doesn't agree with eastern standard time.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Feb 27 2008, 03:34 AM)
None today, I want to stop sleeping so much, it must be this repulsive winter weather, I miss the sun. I am so much NOT a morning or winter person and my internal body clock doesn't agree with eastern standard time.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jul 31 2007, 03:54 PM)
I have had a seizure disorder for years, in the morning and at night, I take 6 different drugs to try to control them, but I still have them.

Anyone else have this horrible disease? wacko.gif

Hey drum, this is the first time I can recall seeing this thread. I've had epilepsy since the 3rd grade. I've been taking meds pretty much my whole life. One pill a night before bed. I go to get an EEG almost annually. This past year is the first time I can recall not getting one because I moved to AZ but I am looking for a doc out here.

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Feb 27 2008, 12:45 PM)
I have had a seizure disorder for years, in the morning and at night, I take 6 different drugs to try to control them, but I still have them.

Hey drum, this is the first time I can recall seeing this thread. I've had epilepsy since the 3rd grade. I've been taking meds pretty much my whole life. One pill a night before bed. I go to get an EEG almost annually. This past year is the first time I can recall not getting one because I moved to AZ but I am looking for a doc out here.

Hey progrush2112 trink39.gif

I started this thread not too long ago to keep as kind of a seizure diary. I spend too much time here anyway, and thought this would be a good place to keep track of what's going on with my E. I did much better with my Seizure control and took much less medication when I lived out west in southern NV. I had fewer migraine headaches when I lived there, and worked outside in the sun all day. My Epilepsy didn't start until later in life, and has been a nightmare ever since. Lately, because of the cold weather, (which I, and my E hate with a passion) I've been having a tough time controlling it. I'm currently taking the most medication I ever have in my life, but I do have a little better control. The thing I hate most about the meds is sleeping all the time.

University Medical Center in Las Vegas, NV is where I used to go for my meds and treatment. I don't know if UMC is close to where you are, but if you give them a call, I'm sure they can hook you up with someone in your area.

Take care, and I hope your days (and nights) are seizure free!

Hi Drum I thought I would just stop in here today to ask you how ya doin'?

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Feb 27 2008, 12:45 PM)

Hey progrush2112 trink39.gif

I started this thread not too long ago to keep as kind of a seizure diary. I spend too much time here anyway, and thought this would be a good place to keep track of what's going on with my E. I did much better with my Seizure control and took much less medication when I lived out west in southern NV. I had fewer migraine headaches when I lived there, and worked outside in the sun all day. My Epilepsy didn't start until later in life, and has been a nightmare ever since. Lately, because of the cold weather, (which I, and my E hate with a passion) I've been having a tough time controlling it. I'm currently taking the most medication I ever have in my life, but I do have a little better control. The thing I hate most about the meds is sleeping all the time.

University Medical Center in Las Vegas, NV is where I used to go for my meds and treatment. I don't know if UMC is close to where you are, but if you give them a call, I'm sure they can hook you up with someone in your area.

Take care, and I hope your days (and nights) are seizure free!

bekloppt.gif

I haven't been here to much lately. But I was just catching up

and reading back a few pages... Am I correct in thinking that

you have been seizure free for over a month?

If so... That is GREAT!!! I remember you saying you were keeping

to a schedule. I know it totally must suck to have to schedule

everything you do but at least it is keeping the seizures away.

I hope that the migraines go away soon. With the springtime

right here, I am afraid that we will be getting alot of moisture in

the air for a little while with all the rain we will get. sad.gif

Is there anything that you take for the migraines that doesn't

conflict with your other meds?

I sure hope that things are looking up for you really soon.

Sorry I haven't been around much, but you are always in

my thoughts and prayers.

hug2.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Mar 8 2008, 11:03 AM)
bekloppt.gif

I haven't been here to much lately. But I was just catching up
and reading back a few pages... Am I correct in thinking that
you have been seizure free for over a month?

If so... That is GREAT!!! I remember you saying you were keeping
to a schedule. I know it totally must suck to have to schedule
everything you do but at least it is keeping the seizures away.

I hope that the migraines go away soon. With the springtime
right here, I am afraid that we will be getting alot of moisture in
the air for a little while with all the rain we will get.  sad.gif 
Is there anything that you take for the migraines that doesn't
conflict with your other meds?

I sure hope that things are looking up for you really soon.
Sorry I haven't been around much, but you are always in
my thoughts and prayers.

hug2.gif

Thanx CeeJ wub.gif I'm sure I have it written down in my datebook and, you're probably right. Lately, I've been taking it one day at a time, (sometimes one hour at a time) and if I wake up and don't have one and go to bed without having one, that's a good day. My drug levels must be OK because my Dr told me if it's OK, he's not going to call but if I have to adjust it, he'd call. No call, so I guess it's OK.

Glad things seem to be stable for you at the moment. Must be the time of year 'cos my daughter has been seizure free for a couple of weeks now! Having said that she's got a cold now so it's bound to upset everything. Hope everything stays OK.

one of my best friend's has them a lot. has them all times of day or night. he has fallen down so hard that he broke his jaw 2 times and has false teeth and a metal plate in his head. i love the guy and it is very hard to see whathe goes thru.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 10 2008, 11:03 AM)
one of my best friend's has them a lot. has them all times of day or night. he has fallen down so hard that he broke his jaw 2 times and has false teeth and a metal plate in his head. i love the guy and it is very hard to see whathe goes thru.

Wow, that's pretty serious stuff! I went to an appointment not too long ago and as I was walking through the pediatrics front half of the office, there was a boy about 3 or 4 years old dressed in what almost looked a football players uniform, helmet, pads and all. I assumed all the padding was because of how violent the boys seizures are. Mine aren't as violent as that, but I've met people who have broken bones because their seizures were so violent. Mine aren't as bad as that, but then again I've never seen myself have a seizure. The worst I've ever injured myself is falling out of a chair on my shoulder leaving a nice bruise. I've been told when I have had them and someone is trying to help me to a safe place, such as out of a chair and onto the floor, I toss around people twice my weight like rag-dolls. The strangest thing about having a seizure like this is not remembering any of it.

bekloppt.gif

Just wanted to stop in and check up on you.

I hope that you continue to be seizure free.

Keep up the great schedule, I am sure that

is what is helping you stay seizure free. Meds

alone can not control this. You are doing a

great job Danny.

You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

hug2.gif

SPRING IS ON THE WAY!!! I know that you are

waiting for this as much as I am. wink.gif

Well Drum this is the first time I've been in here....

First I am truely sorry that you have this illness and have to deal with day to day or hour by hour... it just shows how strong you are to be able to go so many days in a row with out having one wub.gif

I never saw this thread till after my son had his first one back in dec... then I was afraid to come in here and read your thread... blush4.gif

After the second one and these were more severe than the first ones... I kept wanting to come in here but fear had me blush4.gif

Well today we got to the peds neuro doc this afternoon and I thought I should read this incase I have any questions to ask about my son... and I realize my sons seizures are not epilepsy and they are febrale seizures which are very different.. kind of like your, hot and dry to hot and humid weather wacko.gif same but very different... so far they say that he'll grow out of these with in the next 4 yrs or so, which is the time he'll be 6yrs old

I am afraid for him... I don't like going anywhere anymore... kindof hermit now... we have diazapan for him incase he has another one....

when you have your gran mal seizures ... so you have to be given multiple amounts of drugs to get you to stop seizing or is that what your meds are supposed to do? or is your meds to stop them from coming but what happens when you get one... do you have to be given another drug at the time to get you to stop? and how long do your seizures last? after every seizure do they make you go for an eeg?

I guess since I'm just learning about whats happening to my son this is very frightening to me... I don't want to make you feel bad unsure.gif I'm still in the scared phase... we've been seizure free since feb 25 when he had 5 in a row... the last one lasting 17min documented but might be as long as 20 mins and it took 5 rounds of meds to get him to stop seizing ... the drug was something that starts with a T but I don't know what it was confused13.gif

for those who have children with epilepsy and those who have it themselves I wish you all the luck!!!!

I have a few more questions but I think that I'll save them for the neuro later today blush4.gif

here's a big hug from Tigger for all of you wub.gif

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f301/Choatica123/Tiggers/tigger-n-pooh-790005.gif

Missy