Epilepsy, seizures...

Drumnut

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jan 25 2008, 09:22 PM)
Went out to shovel white sh!t, that put me right back to sleep after a plate of S.O.S.

schla03.gif

No Seizures today!!! 653.gif

Glad to hear no seizures and that you

caught some sleep.

But I have a question...

What is a plate of S.O.S unsure.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jan 25 2008, 10:24 PM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jan 25 2008, 09:22 PM)
Went out to shovel white sh!t, that put me right back to sleep after a plate of S.O.S.

schla03.gif

No Seizures today!!!  653.gif

Glad to hear no seizures and that you

caught some sleep.

But I have a question...

What is a plate of S.O.S unsure.gif

Better known as Sh!t on a Shingle. I wish I had been, but my Father is retired Air Force, and it's been a family recipe ever since:

Check out #3, The hamburger version: new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

S.O.S

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Jan 25 2008, 10:37 PM)
2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
Arleen2112, Drumnut

bekloppt.gif

Now I have a question..What the heck is 'chipped beef'? tongue.gif

Is it the same as ground beef? confused13.gif

That's the way we make it, it's better than 'chipped beef'.

What kind of toast do you use with this?

What do you recommend?

Sorry to see you had a rough night as far as

sleep goes. I hope that you can catch a few

schla03.gif this AM.

hug2.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jan 26 2008, 09:13 AM)
What kind of toast do you use with this?

What do you recommend?

Sorry to see you had a rough night as far as
sleep goes. I hope that you can catch a few
schla03.gif this AM.

hug2.gif

We just use plain ol' wheat toast, but if you want an interesting taste, find yourself a loaf of thin sliced pumpernickel. Mmmm!

Now I need to nuke some, and go back to sleep! tongue.gif schla03.gif

No seizures last night or today tho, 653.gif Went to see our local, yo-kel, hockey team get their butts beat last night. (We got free tickets right behind the players bench from the guy that keeps the stats for the team. He's the son of an old family friend.) Only thing better than good hockey tickets are free ones!

www.ottershockey.com

Glad to hear that you had a good time. Did you get

to see any good fights on the ice? I always enjoyed

those at the games yet wondered if it was all part of

the "game".

Pumpernickel and Rye are soem of our favorite breads.

Have to try that .

Here's to another seizure free day my friend.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jan 27 2008, 10:24 AM)

Glad to hear that you had a good time. Did you get
to see any good fights on the ice? I always enjoyed
those at the games yet wondered if it was all part of
the "game".

Pumpernickel and Rye are soem of our favorite breads.
Have to try that .

Here's to another seizure free day my friend.

trink39.gif

There were a couple of good fights, in these smaller leagues, it's their big guy against ours first; ours got his moon.gif shown to the locker room.

When we lived here B4, we did go to every game of a Championship Season w/ seats center ice, on the glass. There are bennies to your USAF Ret. Father singing O'Canada & The National Anthem @ Center Ice:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Drumnut/LT2.jpg

The Singing Sergeants

None today, but I called to ask how one of my drug levels came out. They recently upped my Lamictal, and one of the warning stickers they put on the label is drowsiness. schla03.gif

If that's why the dose was upped, it's working! schla03.gif

If it's high, I want to cut back because I'm sleeping too much during the day and staying up all night. That's all fine and good, but I can't ever get anything done when I sleep all day. I am eating much better on Lamictal than I was on Dilantin. Dilantin always upset my stomach, and then I never feel like eating. If I don't eat right, that can cause seizures. dazed025.gif Many seizure meds can cause nausea. There is one named Depakote that makes me feel like I'm taking speed. (diet pills) Whenever a Dr brings that one up , I just say no.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Feb 1 2008, 01:23 AM)
None today, but I called to ask how one of my drug levels came out. They recently upped my Lamictal, and one of the warning stickers they put on the label is drowsiness. schla03.gif

If that's why the dose was upped, it's working! schla03.gif

If it's high, I want to cut back because I'm sleeping too much during the day and staying up all night. That's all fine and good, but I can't ever get anything done when I sleep all day. I am eating much better on Lamictal than I was on Dilantin. Dilantin always upset my stomach, and then I never feel like eating. If I don't eat right, that can cause seizures. dazed025.gif Many seizure meds can cause nausea. There is one named Depakote that makes me feel like I'm taking speed. (diet pills) Whenever a Dr brings that one up , I just say no.

Glad to hear another seizure free day. biggrin.gif

Did they give you back you tests when you called?

I hope that they all came back good.

As far as the schla03.gif sometimes when you start

a new medication it will cause you to schla03.gif more

than usual. Maybe once it is in your system things

will level off a bit more and you'll get back on a

"normal" schla03.gif schedule.

hug2.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Feb 2 2008, 10:52 PM)
I still think my Lamictal is still too high, because I'm sleeping like a log. I'm still waiting for my blood result to come back by pony express in this little sleepy town.

I hope that you get the results soon.

Did you try going for a walk? It may sound dumb

but the fresh air may help a little.

hug2.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Feb 2 2008, 11:56 PM)
I still think my Lamictal is still too high, because I'm sleeping like a log. I'm still waiting for my blood result to come back by pony express in this little sleepy town.

hug2.gif

Brrrr! Too damn cold our for me, the only walk I'd go for is one around the mall checking out women. drool1.gif

I hate cold with an unexplainable passion.

QUOTE (missionman @ Feb 3 2008, 12:47 AM)
I don't have epilepsy BUT, it makes damn thankful I don't after reading this thread.

I can only thank GOD for my health.

I thank GOD everyday I don't have a seizure. Epilepsy is something you don't want to have, I assure you!

I've been diligently making sure I take much better care of myself to prevent them. Taking meds at the same time using a timer, and eating at the same hour every meal, every day.

I'm sick of doing the things I'm supposed to to prevent them, and still have them. The last few I've had, I've come out of it wondering, what did I, or didn't do to prevent this? Did I skip a meal, did I miss my meds or what? Was there something in my environment that may have caused it? With 12-Step programs, they say, "One day at a time." Some days, I take things 1 hour at a time.

Drumnut....You got my respect to the fullest buddy! To sit there and wonder when it will come, what after it came......all I can say is I wish you the BEST! What else can I say? I don't know what to say. You got my utmost RESPECT!!!!!!! You're a BETTER man than I am.

I couldn't imagine........well, you know what I'm trying to say.

QUOTE (missionman @ Feb 3 2008, 02:56 AM)
Drumnut....You got my respect to the fullest buddy! To sit there and wonder when it will come, what after it came......all I can say is I wish you the BEST! What else can I say? I don't know what to say. You got my utmost RESPECT!!!!!!! You're a BETTER man than I am.

I couldn't imagine........well, you know what I'm trying to say.

Thanks Missionman, it's scary not knowing. I do sometimes get an 'aura' which is much like a small seizure, and when I do, I make sure I'm in a safe place, eat if I need to, drink something if I need to, and go to sleep. The simple things, like eating, sleeping and drinking right can be a nightmare for me. I've always been a night person, and when I lived out west, that was fine because it was a 24 hour town there. Here on the east coast, the streets roll up by 10:00 PM, and after living in a different time zone for 11 years, I'm still having trouble making the 3 hour time difference adjustment. I'm on disability now, and that's not helping me change my time schedule any 'cuz I don't have to get up early to go to work. laugh.gif

I've tried many times to change around my sleep schedule, but I always wind back up on Vegas time. Plus, there was a he!! of a lot more night life there than there is here, especially on weeknights. If I try getting up early for a week at a time, I always wind up awake at night.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Feb 2 2008, 11:51 PM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ Feb 2 2008, 11:56 PM)

hug2.gif

Brrrr! Too damn cold our for me, the only walk I'd go for is one around the mall checking out women. drool1.gif

I hate cold with an unexplainable passion.

rofl3.gif

Then maybe that walk around the mall and drool1.gif ing

will keep you awake.

rofl3.gif

I hope that you have a great day!!!

I hear you about the winter though...

I get seasonal depression. I am so sure that

I am a wonderful person to live with right now.

All I wanna do is sleep.

wub.gif

Edited by CeeJ

I called my Dr today about the Lamictal I've been taking and check to see if the latest blood results had come in. He said the level was a little high, but didn't want to change anything until my next appt.

No Seizures though! wink.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Feb 4 2008, 09:27 PM)
I called my Dr today about the Lamictal I've been taking and check to see if the latest blood results had come in. He said the level was a little high, but didn't want to change anything until my next appt.

No Seizures though! wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Great to hear that you had a good day again.

Maybe your Lamictal isn't high enough for the

Dr. to worry about. I know that is may be the cause

of you sleeping alot but look at the bright side...

No seizures. biggrin.gif

You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

hug2.gif

I just figure out I was on a date the other night and found that my best friend mother has Epilepsy. Sure enoughh I had to think back when I was a kid. I had a class mate in Specail Ed. that has Epilepsy and I saw this kid shake like a leaf. I just stood there and thought to myself wow but honestly I felt bad for the kid. Now to this day I have the total respect for people that has Seizures or Epilepsy. Life is fragile nowadays.