Neil Peart sprints out of show

Cavorticus

QUOTE (friendlyvoice @ Jul 23 2007, 01:16 PM)
Again with this crap??

What do you want...the three of them to come out to the parking lot after the show to sign autographs, have a beer with you, maybe take a hit off your bong? They could check your tire pressure while they're out there...with 3 of 'em, it shouldn't take too long.

Hell, I'll bet if you asked nice enough (especially that mean ol' Neil, since he's such a dick, right?), they might even go ride around town with you...you and your buds and Rush could pick up some burgers and just chill together like old pals. (better let Neil snag some fries off of you...y'know, just to keep him happy, since he's such a dick) Maybe all of you could head back to your mom & dad's house and play video games. (but you better let Neil win, since he's such a dick)

I think I know who the dick is, and it's not Neil.

Best post EVER on this board........

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 27 2007, 10:59 PM)
Again with this crap??

What do you want...the three of them to come out to the parking lot after the show to sign autographs, have a beer with you, maybe take a hit off your bong? They could check your tire pressure while they're out there...with 3 of 'em, it shouldn't take too long.

Hell, I'll bet if you asked nice enough (especially that mean ol' Neil, since he's such a dick, right?), they might even go ride around town with you...you and your buds and Rush could pick up some burgers and just chill together like old pals. (better let Neil snag some fries off of you...y'know, just to keep him happy, since he's such a dick) Maybe all of you could head back to your mom & dad's house and play video games. (but you better let Neil win, since he's such a dick)

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

When reading it again, it's quite hilarious. That's some funny shit. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 27 2007, 10:35 PM)
Again with this crap??

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

When reading it again, it's quite hilarious. That's some funny shit. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Its not *that* funny. wink.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 27 2007, 10:37 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 27 2007, 10:35 PM)
Again with this crap??

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Its not *that* funny. wink.gif

It's pretty damn good. I tip my cap. I happen to have fantasies that echo that post pretty closely------but I don't actually expect it to happen!

QUOTE (Cavorticus @ Jul 23 2007, 11:26 AM)
I was working backstage on Saturday (7/21/07) and after the show ended, Neil Peart actually sprinted from the stadium. Not ran; sprinted.
What the heck is up with that?

A. Diarrhea
B. Had to pee
C. Family emergency
D. Total dick

wtf.gif

Maybe the audience pissed him off.

I was working backstage on Saturday (7/21/07) and after the show ended, Neil Peart actually sprinted from the stadium. Not ran; sprinted.

A. Diarrhea
B. Had to pee
C. Family emergency
D. Total dick

wtf.gif

I realize the original poster is long gone, but I just have to ask anyway: what do our tickets pay for? We get the show, the band works their asses off to put on great shows, and I'm going to have to assume no different in this case either (since you don't bother to mention anything.) What more should we fans expect from our tickets? I don't listen to music because I think the band members have great personalities. I listen to the music they make because it does something for me. If Neil chooses to sprint to the bus, as you claim (and, remember, people see things in very different ways,) what difference does it make to you or anyone else? Neil has done his job and he wants what we all want when we're done with our jobs - to rest. There's no need for insult if he or any musician doesn't feel like hanging out to sign pointless autographs or chat with fans. People who choose to take offense at an action like this need, frankly, to get a friggin' life. Enjoy the music, enjoy the concerts. Anything more than that is a bonus - and NEVER expect it. As Robert Fripp (another "notoriously" fan-shy musician) says, "Expectation is a prison."

QUOTE (tcj @ Jul 28 2007, 11:43 AM)

A. Diarrhea
B. Had to pee
C. Family emergency
D. Total dick

wtf.gif

I realize the original poster is long gone, but I just have to ask anyway: what do our tickets pay for? We get the show, the band works their asses off to put on great shows, and I'm going to have to assume no different in this case either (since you don't bother to mention anything.) What more should we fans expect from our tickets? I don't listen to music because I think the band members have great personalities. I listen to the music they make because it does something for me. If Neil chooses to sprint to the bus, as you claim (and, remember, people see things in very different ways,) what difference does it make to you or anyone else? Neil has done his job and he wants what we all want when we're done with our jobs - to rest. There's no need for insult if he or any musician doesn't feel like hanging out to sign pointless autographs or chat with fans. People who choose to take offense at an action like this need, frankly, to get a friggin' life. Enjoy the music, enjoy the concerts. Anything more than that is a bonus - and NEVER expect it. As Robert Fripp (another "notoriously" fan-shy musician) says, "Expectation is a prison."

I was just thinking that I'd write something along the lines of... "If we listened to music based on personal feelings for the musicians as people as opposed to the music then Robert Fripp would never have sold a single record"...

and then some one beat me to a Robert Fripp comment. DAMN I am too slow.

Think I'll go listen to The Great Deceiver box set though...

QUOTE (King Rygar @ Jul 23 2007, 12:45 PM)
I'd sure sprint, hell, he should ride a motorcycle 100mph off of the stage, and straight into the back of a semi-trailer-ALA Knight Rider. Who give a crap? I would run to. Lord knows whats waiting for him in that tour bus....Great boooze, Mary Jane, etc...Food...who wouldn't wanna run to that? What? Hang out in some dingy room at the venue? CMON PEOPLE confused13.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Mark @ Jul 24 2007, 06:10 AM)
Neil can do whatever he wants as far as I am concerned. If he wants to leave right away more power to him. He gives us his guts for 3 hours every show, I certainly don't expect anything else.

Hell, if he wanted to take a dump on the stage and throw it into the crowd when the show is done that's fine with me too. Well, as long as I'm not too close to the stage.

Did you ever happen to be a G.G. Allin fan by any chance?

Oh goody! A zombie thread!

QUOTE (staunchally @ Aug 2 2011, 03:00 PM)
QUOTE (Mark @ Jul 24 2007, 06:10 AM)
Neil can do whatever he wants as far as I am concerned.  If he wants to leave right away more power to him.  He gives us his guts for 3 hours every show, I certainly don't expect anything else.

Hell, if he wanted to take a dump on the stage and throw it into the crowd when the show is done that's fine with me too.  Well, as long as I'm not too close to the stage.

Did you ever happen to be a G.G. Allin fan by any chance?

hahaha

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Aug 2 2011, 03:55 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 2 2011, 03:02 PM)
Oh goody!  A zombie thread!

Sorry! tongue.gif Some of the current threads reminded me of this one, for some reason. wacko.gif

Can't imagine why. wink.gif

why do these threads still get to be 6 pages long? this is SO old.

the reason I get tired of coming on here sometimes...

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Aug 2 2011, 12:48 PM)
A blast from the past. tongue.gif

YOU are the one that always complains about any negativity ( or constructive criticism) on this board, yet you bump this???

QUOTE (leodis9 @ Jul 23 2007, 01:14 PM)
Got to agree with Restless Young Rushmantic on this one.
Too much Neil-bashing going on.

For some reason that is a popular thing to do on this website, quite frankly I don't get it. I guess people have a need to satisfy the "stupid" part of their brain way more than they need to. confused13.gif