THE GARDEN, GRADY !!!

Tick

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Sep 18 2007, 12:53 PM)
I woke up sounding like Barry White.

Scream a lil bit too much last night PTA?

I expect I'll lose a bit of my voice near the end of the night (I lost my entire voice the night of my first NIN concert for 2 days), but should recover by Thursday evening so I should be able to talk to all you fine TRFers at Orbit. biggrin.gif

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (lmnopqrstuvwxYYZ @ Sep 18 2007, 01:00 PM)
QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Sep 18 2007, 01:53 PM)

I woke up feeling like Betty White....nice quote kudos for the Fletch reference

LMAO rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Yeah, my son actually backed away from me in horror this morning when I opened my mouth to say good morning to him and could only manage a muffled croak.

How the hell does Geddy do it?

rofl3.gif Me too! I sound like that right now.

Let me start this out by saying WOW... what a great time I had this weekend in NYC while attending THE GARDEN, GRADY meetups and shows.

That being said... i must also say that I wasn't as professional as I should have been. I was a bit overwhelmed at all the people that were at this show and just INDULGED myself with having a good time rather than doing my job and conducting my WILD interVIEWS. sad.gif Please forgive me.

BUT... i did happen to run into CeeJ on TWO occassions. The first time, she got on the subway alone and sat down near me. I immediately took the crew and we did an impromptu interVIEW with the lovely CeeJ. While she was a bit abrasive and actually scared me at one point... i felt it was still worth sharing with you fine people.

Later I was actually offerred a NEW position as an on-site interVIEW master for a WORLD WIDE PodCast show called "HAIR TODAY... GONE TOMORROW", or something like that. Again... i was quite drunk. They gave me a chance to interVIEW someone on the spot... and guess who I found AGAIN??? CEEJ!!!! ohmy.gif That was sooooooooo WILD!!! yes.gif

Anyway... that interVIEW will air in early March and I will give you all the details on that. Also interVIEWed by the makers of the show were Necro and 1-0-0-1. ohmy.gif Many plugs for TRF abound in those interVIEWS. yes.gif

SO... RR... if you wish to keep me as EXCLUSIVE property of TRF... i would bump my budget up CONSIDERABLY. yes.gif

tongue.gif

So anyway... here's my first interVIEW with CEEJ, on the subways of NYC as we eagerly awaited THE GARDEN, GRADY!!!

DankA.

V.

CeeJ's InterVIEW on Subway.

Indeed a great time was had by all. Good to meet pags and Necro and others who I can't recall at the moment (go figure). Always good to see 1-0-0-1!

It was a great way to end my personal tour.

See y'all next time. Or maybe even sooner. smile.gif

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Sep 18 2007, 02:08 PM)

LMAO rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Yeah, my son actually backed away from me in horror this morning when I opened my mouth to say good morning to him and could only manage a muffled croak.

He's a professional, eh? laugh.gif

But seriously, think about this: The man is 54 years old and he's been on the road for three solid months and his voice is getting better.

How the hell, indeed?

we got back here a little after 6:00 this morning, so we've been really kinda lazy today LOL Pictures and stories to follow probably tomorrow after I get home and get pictures taken care of smile.gif I'm sure Tortoise & Hare will be posting after we leave to come home tonight new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif bncegrn.gif

We had SUCH a great time meeting up with everyone - I will expound more on that later, but, well, that at least had to be said NOW wub.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Sep 18 2007, 02:08 PM)

LMAO rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Holy crap we had the same morning! My oldest daughter almost ran out of the kitchen in tears because my voice was two octives lower than normal and scratchy as hell.

It'll be about three days until I get it back.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Im the only one in work right now and i have an hour to go, im fading fast. schla03.gif I will sleep well tonight. yes.gif It was all so worth it. atickhum.gif

bekloppt.gif 4 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):

Tortoise and Hare, MUSICinTheABsTrAcT, jendrisc

Hi folks!!!!

LSM & DerTrom are on their way home. We had quite a journey together through unfamiliar territories. We've been in that tired, but psyched, post concert, hoarse faze!!!!

1022.gif 2.gif LAST NIGHT ROCKED!!!!!!!! 2.gif 1022.gif

The meet up was F*ING AWESOME!!!! The energy at Stout's was electrifying!!! We loooooooved meeting you all!!!!

And the show!!!!!!! The guys, as usual, played brilliantly. But in addition, they were particularly playful last night. (There's a lot more to this story, but I think I'll let LSM explain!!!!!!!!!)

We will post a full report with pictures tomorrow (because we're exhausted and Tortoise has to move the pics from the camera to the computer).

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!!!! We are just esctatically happy and grateful to have met up with so many wonderful friends under the best of all circumstances. Our love of the band, through the magic of this Forum, has connected us on a soul level - - it doesn't get any better than that!!!

THE GAHDEN GRADY!!!!! was a huge success!

Love to all!!! wub.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 18 2007, 09:36 PM)

Hi folks!!!!

LSM & DerTrom are on their way home. We had quite a journey together through unfamiliar territories. We've been in that tired, but psyched, post concert, hoarse faze!!!!

1022.gif 2.gif LAST NIGHT ROCKED!!!!!!!! 2.gif 1022.gif

The meet up was F*ING AWESOME!!!! The energy at Stout's was electrifying!!! We loooooooved meeting you all!!!!

And the show!!!!!!! The guys, as usual, played brilliantly. But in addition, they were particularly playful last night. (There's a lot more to this story, but I think I'll let LSM explain!!!!!!!!!)

We will post a full report with pictures tomorrow (because we're exhausted and Tortoise has to move the pics from the camera to the computer).

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!!!! We are just esctatically happy and grateful to have met up with so many wonderful friends under the best of all circumstances. Our love of the band, through the magic of this Forum, has connected us on a soul level - - it doesn't get any better than that!!!

Love to all!!! wub.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

Hare, it was great seeing you and T again, new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif i just did not have enough time, that was dissapointing. yes.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 18 2007, 09:39 PM)

Hi folks!!!!

LSM & DerTrom are on their way home.  We had quite a journey together through unfamiliar territories.  We've been in that tired, but psyched, post concert, hoarse faze!!!!

1022.gif  2.gif LAST NIGHT ROCKED!!!!!!!! 2.gif  1022.gif

The meet up was F*ING AWESOME!!!!  The energy at Stout's was electrifying!!!  We loooooooved meeting you all!!!! 

And the show!!!!!!!  The guys, as usual, played brilliantly.  But in addition, they were particularly playful last night. (There's a lot more to this story, but I think I'll let LSM explain!!!!!!!!!)

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!!!!  We are just esctatically happy and grateful to have met up with so many wonderful friends under the best of all circumstances.  Our love of the band, through the magic of this Forum, has connected us on a soul level - - it doesn't get any better than that!!!

Love to all!!! wub.gif

Hare  biggrin.gif

Hare, it was great seeing you and T again, new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif i just did not have enough time, that was dissapointing. yes.gif

OMG!!!! It was SOOO great to meet everyone!!!! I had such a fantastic time! Thanks to everyone that made it possible!

Hi folks!!!!

LSM & DerTrom are on their way home.  We had quite a journey together through unfamiliar territories.  We've been in that tired, but psyched, post concert, hoarse faze!!!!

1022.gif  2.gif LAST NIGHT ROCKED!!!!!!!! 2.gif  1022.gif

The meet up was F*ING AWESOME!!!!  The energy at Stout's was electrifying!!!  We loooooooved meeting you all!!!! 

And the show!!!!!!!  The guys, as usual, played brilliantly.  But in addition, they were particularly playful last night. (There's a lot more to this story, but I think I'll let LSM explain!!!!!!!!!)

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!!!!  We are just esctatically happy and grateful to have met up with so many wonderful friends under the best of all circumstances.  Our love of the band, through the magic of this Forum, has connected us on a soul level - - it doesn't get any better than that!!!

Love to all!!! wub.gif

Hare  biggrin.gif

It was a pleasure meeting you two!

It's really something that after getting to know people here and then meeting up and feeling comfortable and hanging like you been friends forever is amazing in itself!

trink39.gif

Someone asked me last night if I'd be the first to post here after the show, like I did for Mohegan Sun. Um... NO! I got home at 4:30am (not as late as LSM, DerTrom, Tortoise, and Hare - but quite late!!). Sleep was about the only thing I was interested in!!

First thing my husband said to me this morning (well, it was almost noon actually, when he came in to kick my butt outta bed!), was "Screamed a little last night?" I was thinking about it today, and I think the big difference between us and Geddy (aside from the fact that he's a professional) is that he USES his vocal cords every other night; and we ABUSE ours once in a while. He's taking good care of his, and warming them up before a show. We just show up and start screaming. Although, getting to Stout early, while it was still "quiet", and having to talk louder and louder throughout the evening was sort of a warmup. laugh.gif

I had a great time meeting all of you! I'm afraid if I try to list you all, I'd leave someone out, and they'd get offended (I hear this place can be brutal if you offend someone!) ph34r.gif laugh.gif

Hope to see you all again at the spring shows!!

(PS - My review of the show - It rocked!! Of course!! Not quite as good as Mohegan Sun, but definitely a great show!)

2.gif

Omannnn I wish the concert was tonight also!! tongue.gif

Had a SUPER GREAT time, YEs u heard it! Super!! Great!!

i have buncha pix ill post but for now im knackered & need

some schla03.gif

heres a lil piccy for yous wub.gif

After Concert pic

Love Yaz! heart.gif rose.gif

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2662/p1011148zh2.jpg

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Sep 18 2007, 10:05 PM)
Omannnn I wish the concert was tonight also!!  tongue.gif

Had a SUPER GREAT time, YEs u heard it! Super!! Great!!
i have buncha pix ill post but for now im knackered & need
some  schla03.gif

heres a  lil piccy for yous wub.gif
After Concert pic 
Love Yaz!  heart.gif  rose.gif
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2662/p1011148zh2.jpg

Oh, Donna, my sister. I'm so glad you had a good time. I wish like hell I could have been there wit cha. laugh.gif It's made my night to see you smiling in that picture. You're a beautiful sight, sweetie. Hearing all of the stories about the Garden is making me really hyped up about next year and NYC with the girls. We're gonna have a blast, and I call dibs on buying you your first cosmo.gif . Love, ya sis. You look great. heart.gif

I have a lot of work to do with unloading the pictures from the camera, getting the others off the laptop, and putting down our little tale in words - I'll be back with the whole story in a little bit - it'll look like I'm lurking in this forum for the next hour or so z7shysterical.gif Oh yeah, and my sister is coming down so I have relate the whole story to her too laugh.gif z7shysterical.gif

I'm so glad everyone had as awesome a time as we did bncegrn.gif 1022.gif I'll post replies to everyone's comments soon! I swear!!! laugh.gif

Whew!! Boy do I feel better today than I did yesterday. I woke up yesterday sounding hoarse too. I really should have taken the day off. When I saw my kids in the morning, they heard my voice and my oldest said, "Man, that must have been a great show!" He knows. I've taken him to see Rush twice. He wanted to go to the Garden show too, but it was a school night.

I'm still replaying some of the conversations from the meetup in my head. Every so often I remember something that I had forgotten temporarily. I'm currently trying to remember the song that Tick made up right before we left Stout and went over to the show. You're hilarious Tick!!

It was funny to me that everyone was commenting on my avatar. I guess I picked a good one. I also had to laugh about everyone's concern for me making it to the show. I hadn't told my wife that I was going. Well, I told her that morning laugh.gif , then I ran out of the house! Her comment to me as I was heading out the door was, "It never f***ing ends, does it!!" I said, "Thank the effing Lord it doesn't!" Then I slammed the door to put an exclamation point on it. Marital discord...gotta love it.

I think the only disappointment from the whole night was the fact that I was only at the meetup for an hour and a half. Next time, I'm going to take a couple of days off and do it right.

A few of you complimented me on my suggestion of going to Stout. Well, I'm glad it worked out. We pretty much had the basement bar to ourselves. Holy Crap!! Did anyone else figure out the Rush connection there? I just noticed that as I was typing!

Again, it was great to meet all of you. LSM and Der Trommler, thanks for organizing the whole thing. It was a smashing success. And of course it was great to put the face to the names. LSM, I instantly recognized you when I walked in (and Necro too laugh.gif ).

Tortoise and Hare were fun to watch. Boy, when the R30 DVD began playing, watch out! Hey, did anyone notice that the volume kept getting lower and lower? Or was it that we were getting louder and louder. Not sure which.

I had fun talking to Spike and PTA, too. Great stories PTA. Next time you get your hands on a bootleg, you know what to do with it!! Send it to me!! laugh.gif

I felt a little guilty for ignoring the friend I had brought along. He was kinda off on his own for a bit there. But, I told him to join a long time ago. He wouldn't have felt left out.

Well, I gotta get some work done. (Work? What's work?) After all, I am a working man...

bekloppt.gif 6 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):

Tortoise and Hare, robertjames1971, Natch, LakesideMaiden, owlswing

First I need to say . . . Uh. . What day is it !?!? wacko.gif

LSM, DerTrom, Hare and I lost a day somewhere between NY and Home. We did't get in until after 6am Tuesday. I fed my birds and went right to bed. schla03.gif We woke up later that day, just in time to go to bed.

Well it's Wednesday now and poor Hare had to go to work this morn. fists crying.gif I'm working on the pics. from

"An Evening with 1022.gif 2.gif The Garden Grady 2.gif 1022.gif

Here's one of the TRF meetup pics Outside of Stout's:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/Garden%20Grady/DSC00271.jpg

Left to right. . .Necro, Tortoise, Hare, Spike, LSM, DerTrom and wrapped around LSM's leg Ceej

Tortoise 1287.gif

First off, thanks to LSM for setting up the whole meet-up. Great Job. The place was mobbed and everyone seemed to be from the forum. Jen and I are still pretty new here so we were a little lost trying to figure out who everyone was. Still though, Stout was great. We were surrounded by lots of people who are just as nutty for these three Canadian nerds as I am!

The show... ummm.. we sat in the Balcony (309) and I am sad to say that those who were around us made up the single lamest crowd I've ever seen at a Rush show. They were standing for Limelight, then they sat until Tom Sawyer, then they went home. There were people on either side of us who seriously appeared to be sleeping.

Fortunately the band made up for it. The set was great. Alex had a rough go of it during the first few songs, and there was one unmistakable moment when he nearly train wrecked. After that though he was his usual smoking self. Of the four shows I've seen on this tour, MSG was probably a tiny bit better than Mansfield, and not quite as good as Milwaukee... and Mohegan Sun was by far the best. That's not to bad mouth MSG. It was a great show. I just wish the thousand or so people around us agreed. They missed a hell of a gig.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone who was involved. Here's a crappy picture!

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i52/robertjames1971/0917072121.jpg

QUOTE (Natch @ Sep 19 2007, 11:04 AM)

A few of you complimented me on my suggestion of going to Stout. Well, I'm glad it worked out. We pretty much had the basement bar to ourselves. Holy Crap!! Did anyone else figure out the Rush connection there? I just noticed that as I was typing!

It hit me at the show laugh.gif

Glad you made it in whole that night! laugh.gif

Archived