THE GARDEN, GRADY !!!

Tick

QUOTE (jendrisc @ Sep 14 2007, 10:26 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 14 2007, 10:22 PM)
QUOTE (jendrisc @ Sep 14 2007, 10:21 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 14 2007, 10:19 PM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 14 2007, 10:14 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 14 2007, 09:59 PM)
bekloppt.gif bekloppt.gif

3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
LakesideMaiden, jmdyyz, Tortoise and Hare

3 Days!! bncegrn.gif
2 Days til the Pre-Garden Grady Meetup, T&H!! bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif

HI. HI! Missed you all so much. Had ridiculous amounts of computer problems comp26.gif wacko.gif .

I'm so happy, I'm practically in tears!!! How the f*ck are we ever gonna sleep!?! . . . maybe we don't have to?!? . . . gotta save energy for the concert!?! . . . ok, I'll stop rambling now!

Hare biggrin.gif

1022.gif 2.gif THE GAHDEN GRADY!!!! 2.gif 1022.gif

I've missed you guys too!!! hug2.gif I actually called and talked with Jay for a little while today too - I was at the store getting some stuff, and finding out if you had gotten anything yet, to make sure we didn't get TOO much liquor - considering that we all don't drink THAT much laugh.gif I have no idea how were going to sleep - I have to also see if there is a 24 hour Dunks in CT by the Milford Station so that we can get coffee for the ride back to Dartmouth -- I'm hoping we won't be completely spent from all the excitement, the show, and what little drinking we'll be doing beforehand - though I do have to put my foot down and say we're going to Junior's Cheesecake in Times Square after the show lets out - they're open til 1:00am and I LOVE THEIR CHEESECAKE AND I MUST GET SOME laugh.gif z7shysterical.gif

So what's wrong with the comp26.gif ??

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 14 2007, 10:15 PM)
4 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
Tortoise and Hare, LakesideMaiden, jendrisc, robertjames1971

Is this the pre-pre-party!?!?!?! common001.gif  z7shysterical.gif  common001.gif

yes.gif YES! laugh.gif

Unfortunately, I am not a cheesecake fan.. I'm actually not a cheese fan at all.

sad.gif Okay....

Well, that just means all the more cheesecake for my fat ass laugh.gif z7shysterical.gif

LOL... I've heard loads of people love the stuff... so I don't think you'll be alone, LSM ;-)

I'm just a weirdo.. that's all.. LOL

No, not so weird - there's people in my family who don't like it...one or two - not really much more than that, cause let me tell you, my family likes food laugh.gif We even habitually watch Food Network (coincedentally, that is how I found out about Junior's Cheesecake z7shysterical.gif) - and I didn't even know that my siblings watched it as much as I did laugh.gif

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 14 2007, 10:29 PM)

3 Days!! bncegrn.gif

HI. HI! Missed you all so much. Had ridiculous amounts of computer problems comp26.gif wacko.gif .

I'm so happy, I'm practically in tears!!! How the f*ck are we ever gonna sleep!?! . . . maybe we don't have to?!? . . . gotta save energy for the concert!?! . . . ok, I'll stop rambling now!

Hare biggrin.gif

I've missed you guys too!!! hug2.gif I actually called and talked with Jay for a little while today too - I was at the store getting some stuff, and finding out if you had gotten anything yet, to make sure we didn't get TOO much liquor - considering that we all don't drink THAT much laugh.gif I have no idea how were going to sleep - I have to also see if there is a 24 hour Dunks in CT by the Milford Station so that we can get coffee for the ride back to Dartmouth -- I'm hoping we won't be completely spent from all the excitement, the show, and what little drinking we'll be doing beforehand - though I do have to put my foot down and say we're going to Junior's Cheesecake in Times Square after the show lets out - they're open til 1:00am and I LOVE THEIR CHEESECAKE AND I MUST GET SOME laugh.gif z7shysterical.gif

Is this the pre-pre-party!?!?!?! common001.gif  z7shysterical.gif  common001.gif

yes.gif YES! laugh.gif

Unfortunately, I am not a cheesecake fan.. I'm actually not a cheese fan at all.

sad.gif Okay....

Well, that just means all the more cheesecake for my fat ass laugh.gif z7shysterical.gif

LOL... I've heard loads of people love the stuff... so I don't think you'll be alone, LSM ;-)

No, not so weird - there's people in my family who don't like it...one or two - not really much more than that, cause let me tell you, my family likes food laugh.gif We even habitually watch Food Network (coincedentally, that is how I found out about Junior's Cheesecake z7shysterical.gif) - and I didn't even know that my siblings watched it as much as I did laugh.gif

Okay.. so I gotta ask....

Iron Chef?????

QUOTE (jendrisc @ Sep 14 2007, 10:34 PM)

3 Days!! bncegrn.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

yes.gif YES! laugh.gif

sad.gif Okay....

Iron Chef?????

laugh.gif No, but I do watch Iron Chef when I go to bed at night...it's interesting to get meal ideas from that show smile.gif

I found out about Junior's on one of my favorite shows: Throwdown with Bobby Flay

My fav shows on there:

Ace of Cakes

Throwdown

Feasting on Asphalt

Food Network Challenge

Iron Chef

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 14 2007, 10:38 PM)

3 Days!! bncegrn.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

yes.gif YES! laugh.gif

sad.gif Okay....

Iron Chef?????

laugh.gif No, but I do watch Iron Chef when I go to bed at night...it's interesting to get meal ideas from that show smile.gif

I found out about Junior's on one of my favorite shows: Throwdown with Bobby Flay

My fav shows on there:

Ace of Cakes

Throwdown

Feasting on Asphalt

Food Network Challenge

Iron Chef

Hehe...

No, I meant do you like Iron Chef? And now, most importantly.. do you like the original version or the newer American version? :-)

3 Days!! bncegrn.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

yes.gif YES! laugh.gif

sad.gif Okay....

Iron Chef?????

You both are typing so fast, my head is spinning! And with my feet three feet above the floor, I look kinda funny!!! z7shysterical.gif

Cheesecake? Tortoise will fight ya for the stuff. I'll pass, but I love to watch people eat it! (yes, I'm a bit weird!)

Congratulations on the gig LSM!!! I don't know how you're going to abstain from screaming - - but I'll have the olive oil ready for ya if you break down!

Yes Jen, we're all Iron Chef fans over here. But they do eat the damnest things in Japan!!!

WE'RE GOING TO 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif !!!

Hare biggrin.gif

1022.gif 2.gif THE GAHDEN GRADY!!! 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 14 2007, 10:42 PM)

3 Days!! bncegrn.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

yes.gif YES! laugh.gif

sad.gif Okay....

Iron Chef?????

You both are typing so fast, my head is spinning! And with my feet three feet above the floor, I look kinda funny!!! z7shysterical.gif

Cheesecake? Tortoise will fight ya for the stuff. I'll pass, but I love to watch people eat it! (yes, I'm a bit weird!)

Congratulations on the gig LSM!!! I don't know how you're going to abstain from screaming - - but I'll have the olive oil ready for ya if you break down!

Yes Jen, we're all Iron Chef fans over here. But they do eat the damnest things in Japan!!!

WE'RE GOING TO 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif !!!

Hare biggrin.gif

1022.gif 2.gif THE GAHDEN GRADY!!! 2.gif 1022.gif

I can't even begin to imagine eating anything they make.. but it's very interesting to watch!

Lobster ice cream... *shivers*

YUCK

QUOTE (jendrisc @ Sep 14 2007, 10:40 PM)
No, I meant do you like Iron Chef? And now, most importantly.. do you like the original version or the newer American version? :-)

Oh, most certainly the original! Much more passion!

Hehe...

laugh.gif I have to admit that I like the newer version, cause one thing that always annoyed the crap out of me was overdubbing English audio when they are so obviously speaking Japanese laugh.gif So for that reason alone, I like Iron Chef America more laugh.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 14 2007, 10:48 PM)
Hehe...

No, I meant do you like Iron Chef?  And now, most importantly.. do you like the  original version or the newer American version? :-)

laugh.gif I have to admit that I like the newer version, cause one thing that always annoyed the crap out of me was overdubbing English audio when they are so obviously speaking Japanese laugh.gif So for that reason alone, I like Iron Chef America more laugh.gif

OMG!!!! I just fell off my chair at DerTrom's quote in your signature. You know how profound that statement is?!?!?!? It's the best thing I've read in years!!!

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 14 2007, 10:55 PM)
Hehe...

No, I meant do you like Iron Chef?  And now, most importantly.. do you like the  original version or the newer American version? :-)

OMG!!!! I just fell off my chair at DerTrom's quote in your signature. You know how profound that statement is?!?!?!? It's the best thing I've read in years!!!

z7shysterical.gif I KNOW!!!! I read that in this long rant he had about the Yankees (suck) and it just clicked - I had to put it in my signature!! 1287.gif

Hehe...

blush4.gif Thanks.....You should see the thread it was from.....

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Sep 14 2007, 10:59 PM)
Hehe...

blush4.gif Thanks.....You should see the thread it was from.....

Show me, don't tell me . . . laugh.gif

Seriously, I can't find it.

LakesideMaiden, Tortoise and Hare, jendrisc

Hey Hare!!! Just replied to your email bncegrn.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 14 2007, 11:13 PM)

laugh.gif here ya go:

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Sep 14 2007, 07:08 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 14 2007, 10:30 AM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Sep 13 2007, 10:41 PM)
Yankees fans don't get it. It's not about the titles, the championships, the 'legacy'....plain & simple, for Boston fans-they suck. No matter how much they win (actually that would make them suck more). 

I still think "suck" is completely an inappropriate word here. To "suck," you'd have to be bad, and the Yankees are far from it. The Devil Rays suck; the Yankees don't.

For me, I want the Yanks to not make the playoffs repeatedly for say a minimum of 15 years before I could say anything. The Sox son't even have to win that many championships. Just the Yanks not make it.

As I've already said, that has already happened... 15 years between pennants, 1981-1996. We've had droughts.

Droughts but not DROUGHTS...ask White Sox fans (prior to winning the whole thing)...Cubs fans....Cards fans (who again won the whole thing). A little drought like that doesn't hurt bad.....it's like hitting a speedbump going a little bit faster....So weren't bad in the 80's but they still didn't win it.

Now for the 'suck' part. Saying to someone, 'you suck' Doesn't mean they are bad at whatever they do. It's a verb that has taken a whole new meaning. Up until recently, I wouldn't dare use this word in the Forum until it was used against 2.gif songs specifically. So, being in a Boston thread, I feel vindicated enough that saying this is qualified. It has nothing to do with how good or bad they are. It is a state of being. Being one with SUCK is trancendental to the plane of dumb.

Ok, putting that aside, suck again is a generic term that is used to encompass many things including that which is the Yankees. To the Boston fans, they have sucked, they suck, they will suck in the future. If we were to look suck up in a Red Sox dictionary, the Yankees logo wold be right there. rofl3.gif

That's why I use it. It's on millions of Red Sox shirts "Yankees Suck!" & the pc version for younger kids, "Sankees Yuck!"

Sorry, I had to reply to that because, for all the years the Sox fans endured listening to Yanks fans sputing off titles & chamionships while hoping things would turn around, this time we want it for ourselves. But I do feel the Yanks fans have been spoiled to much. They need to really lose like the Devil Rays for many years to feel that pain. Think how those fans feel....Every year, the standings look almost the same. Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Orioles, Devil Rays.....With the exception of this year, that has been the standings & from the Blue Jays down, it has stayed the same. I can say the Rays suck but it's a different feel of suck. They are just plain bad or aweful. Blow is another term that comes to mind. It is another term used for when you don't like something (whether doing it or not)..."That blows..." See?

So, in this instance, the word is used quite correctly & effectively. I wouldn't use it in any other thread than a Red Sox thread or Yankee hating thread. Anywhere else would be uncivilized.

Sorry for the lengthy reply but I do feel I needed to explain this a bit further to make a point....

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 14 2007, 11:15 PM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 14 2007, 11:13 PM)

laugh.gif here ya go:

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Sep 14 2007, 07:08 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 14 2007, 10:30 AM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Sep 13 2007, 10:41 PM)
Yankees fans don't get it. It's not about the titles, the championships, the 'legacy'....plain & simple, for Boston fans-they suck. No matter how much they win (actually that would make them suck more). 

I still think "suck" is completely an inappropriate word here. To "suck," you'd have to be bad, and the Yankees are far from it. The Devil Rays suck; the Yankees don't.

For me, I want the Yanks to not make the playoffs repeatedly for say a minimum of 15 years before I could say anything. The Sox son't even have to win that many championships. Just the Yanks not make it.

As I've already said, that has already happened... 15 years between pennants, 1981-1996. We've had droughts.

Droughts but not DROUGHTS...ask White Sox fans (prior to winning the whole thing)...Cubs fans....Cards fans (who again won the whole thing). A little drought like that doesn't hurt bad.....it's like hitting a speedbump going a little bit faster....So weren't bad in the 80's but they still didn't win it.

Now for the 'suck' part. Saying to someone, 'you suck' Doesn't mean they are bad at whatever they do. It's a verb that has taken a whole new meaning. Up until recently, I wouldn't dare use this word in the Forum until it was used against 2.gif songs specifically. So, being in a Boston thread, I feel vindicated enough that saying this is qualified. It has nothing to do with how good or bad they are. It is a state of being. Being one with SUCK is trancendental to the plane of dumb.

Ok, putting that aside, suck again is a generic term that is used to encompass many things including that which is the Yankees. To the Boston fans, they have sucked, they suck, they will suck in the future. If we were to look suck up in a Red Sox dictionary, the Yankees logo wold be right there. rofl3.gif

That's why I use it. It's on millions of Red Sox shirts "Yankees Suck!" & the pc version for younger kids, "Sankees Yuck!"

Sorry, I had to reply to that because, for all the years the Sox fans endured listening to Yanks fans sputing off titles & chamionships while hoping things would turn around, this time we want it for ourselves. But I do feel the Yanks fans have been spoiled to much. They need to really lose like the Devil Rays for many years to feel that pain. Think how those fans feel....Every year, the standings look almost the same. Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Orioles, Devil Rays.....With the exception of this year, that has been the standings & from the Blue Jays down, it has stayed the same. I can say the Rays suck but it's a different feel of suck. They are just plain bad or aweful. Blow is another term that comes to mind. It is another term used for when you don't like something (whether doing it or not)..."That blows..." See?

So, in this instance, the word is used quite correctly & effectively. I wouldn't use it in any other thread than a Red Sox thread or Yankee hating thread. Anywhere else would be uncivilized.

Sorry for the lengthy reply but I do feel I needed to explain this a bit further to make a point....

Hear, hear!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

bekloppt.gif hug2.gif

2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):

LakesideMaiden, blonde77th

Hi sweetie!! Wish you were coming too hug2.gif hug2.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 15 2007, 12:07 AM)
bekloppt.gif hug2.gif

Hi sweetie!! Wish you were coming too hug2.gif hug2.gif

bekloppt.gif You guys are going to have such a Blast !! I was laugh.gif reading this thread laugh.gif & I see yah Necro bekloppt.gif Have a Great time All !!!!!!!!!!!!! wub.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Sep 15 2007, 12:18 AM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 15 2007, 12:07 AM)
bekloppt.gif hug2.gif

Hi sweetie!!  Wish you were coming too hug2.gif hug2.gif

bekloppt.gif You guys are going to have such a Blast !! I was laugh.gif reading this thread laugh.gif & I see yah Necro bekloppt.gif Have a Great time All !!!!!!!!!!!!! wub.gif

Thanks sweetie - I know we are - and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

LakesideMaiden, Necromancer

Hi sweetie!!! You pumped for Monday???!!! bncegrn.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif bncegrn.gif

QUOTE (rushfan4life @ Sep 15 2007, 08:56 PM)
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/3906/rscvz8.jpg

section 221, better than my section 6 seat, i cant freakin wait!!!!

Nice! Looks like you'll be near us!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 15 2007, 09:16 PM)
QUOTE (rushfan4life @ Sep 15 2007, 08:56 PM)
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/3906/rscvz8.jpg

section 221, better than my section 6 seat, i cant freakin wait!!!!

Nice! Looks like you'll be near us!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

i just hope that any screens they up wont ruin my view of the stage or the stage show in its self, i hope the screens are far back

Meanwhile.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/ShreksPal/animation/hair_pull.gif

I...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/her4.gif

Cant....

http://headrush.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/screaming_womansmall1.jpg

WAIT!!!! bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif

Archived