THE GARDEN, GRADY !!!

Tick

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 17 2007, 02:30 PM)
QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Sep 17 2007, 02:41 PM)

Are we still anticipating DEW over SB tonight?  Anyone keep track?

They played "DEW" in Cinci, and counting the dates from then until tonight, assuming they stuck with the same pattern, it should be "DEW" tonight! 1022.gif

most excellent news, thanks!

just for that, you don't have to buy the first round of drinks

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Rushisaband.com, SB was played at Saturday's show. Therefore, tonight should be DEW.

I'd have said "spoiler" somewhere, but shoot, isn't this whole site full o' spoilers? Well, if I spoiled anything for anyone...sorry.

Killer show. And we hung out with some awesome folks. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

great show as always. i wish i could have met everyone but the bar was packed at stout trink38.gif

coffee.gif Good Morning folks! coffee.gif

The show was fantastic, had such a great time, met so many new people.

2.gif in NY 1022.gif

Sorry I missed saying goodbye to a few of you...especially 1001 and Tick!

Well, another killer Rush show, it was so great hanging with everyone at Stout.(wish i had more time there)The Garden Grady was all that and more. I could'nt believe i got to sit next to Necro and Ceej ! common001.gif that was an unexpected suprise. They had seats 3 rows in front of me so Necro threatened to hurt the two Guys next to me if they did'nt switch seats. laugh.gif Im kidding, he asked them if they would'nt mind having better seats so he could sit next to friends. They had a hard time turning down the offer with Necro towering over them like Hulk Hogan and asking so nicely. rofl3.gif I got to meet some great people and see others i have the pleasure of already knowing. The band seemed really on there game last night, knowing this was the Garden Grady ! had something to do with that. Now there is nothing left to do but cherrish the memory and my slight hangover im experiancing,(its really not all that bad) but its all good. One final note, theres nothing like getting to bed at 2:30 am and awaking to the sound of your house being ripped apart, ahh, saws, hammering, drills, the radio blasting, non english speaking people making no sence in my ears, yes folks, reality has hit hard this morning. Thankfully i dont have to be to work untill noon so i can gather myself as the morning progresses.

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Sep 18 2007, 09:42 AM)
What a show!! It was great meeting so many of you great TRF people last night. You won't find a nicer bunch of people anywhere.

P.S - Thanks for the CD, Pags. That was very cool of you

PTA

It was GREAT meeting up with so many of the TRF folks I've become incredible friends with. And last night we got to meet new people who were just so friendly and full of smiles. Lots of laughs and great energy in that cellar bar area before the show.

Awesome meeting you PTA - it was a pleasure. I hope you like the CD. I had a few with me and wish I could have made more but I ran out of blanks at home. There were a few others I would have liked to hand a copy to. Perhaps a quick trip to the post office will remedy that. I hope it doesn't suck. laugh.gif

trink39.gif

What a great time! Stout turned out to be a smashing success. It was great to finally meet some of the TRF people! Everyone had a blast. The show was great as usual, and the crowd was totally into it.

Here's a cool thing - two of the people that came to the show with me last night had never seen a Rush show. I would consider them to be less than casual fans of Rush - but certainly fans of good rock music, and definitely know several Rush songs. Both of them cant stop talking today at work about what a hell of a show Rush puts on - they were simply blown away by last night's show.

Now thats pretty cool. 2.gif

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Sep 18 2007, 09:28 AM)
Here's a cool thing - two of the people that came to the show with me last night had never seen a Rush show. I would consider them to be less than casual fans of Rush - but certainly fans of good rock music, and definitely know several Rush songs. Both of them cant stop talking today at work about what a hell of a show Rush puts on - they were simply blown away by last night's show.

That's pretty awesome. I was wondering what they thought of the show.

By the way, it was great meeting you! I wish I could have hung out longer with the TRF crowd. Everyone was having a great time.

QUOTE (Natch @ Sep 18 2007, 09:37 AM)
Here's a cool thing - two of the people that came to the show with me last night had never seen a Rush show.  I would consider them to be less than casual fans of Rush - but certainly fans of good rock music, and definitely know several Rush songs.  Both of them cant stop talking today at work about what a hell of a show Rush puts on - they were simply blown away by last night's show.

By the way, it was great meeting you! I wish I could have hung out longer with the TRF crowd. Everyone was having a great time.

You too Natch. Like I said, it was pretty funny meeting the TRF people at Stout. It was like I felt I knew them all yet I had never actually met any of them, just corresponded on TRF. Of course since so many people have posted pictures of themselves either from other meetups or in their signatures, etc., some people were instantly recognizable. Could have hung out at Stout for hours and just chatted but the time went by so fast.

Our seats were actually pretty decent. I had been in the first serveral rows for the other shows I attended and can honestly say that you see and appreciate more of the lighting, effects and get to see the crowd's reaction more from farther back in the audience, so this was a great way to round out my Rush summer.

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Sep 18 2007, 10:44 AM)
Here's a cool thing - two of the people that came to the show with me last night had never seen a Rush show.  I would consider them to be less than casual fans of Rush - but certainly fans of good rock music, and definitely know several Rush songs.  Both of them cant stop talking today at work about what a hell of a show Rush puts on - they were simply blown away by last night's show.

You too Natch. Like I said, it was pretty funny meeting the TRF people at Stout. It was like I felt I knew them all yet I had never actually met any of them, just corresponded on TRF. Of course since so many people have posted pictures of themselves either from other meetups or in their signatures, etc., some people were instantly recognizable. Could have hung out at Stout for hours and just chatted but the time went by so fast.

Our seats were actually pretty decent. I had been in the first serveral rows for the other shows I attended and can honestly say that you see and appreciate more of the lighting, effects and get to see the crowd's reaction more from farther back in the audience, so this was a great way to round out my Rush summer.

Im guessing we did not meet P.T.A. ? I kept asking Pags and Necro, who is here from the forum i have not met ? I think they were buzzed and not really grasping what i was saying. laugh.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 18 2007, 10:47 AM)
QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Sep 18 2007, 10:44 AM)

Im guessing we did not meet P.T.A. ? I kept asking Pags and Necro, who is here from the forum i have not met ? I think they were buzzed and not really grasping what i was saying. laugh.gif

I grasped exactly where you were saying, you silly man. laugh.gif I even called someone over to meet you, as the TRF legendary TICK. But that was before PTA introduced himself to me in the hallway saying, "I know you, but I don't know you." HAHA

Hey Natch - awesome meeting you last night as well as PTA. I hope to get another opportunity to hang with you guys again. Rush shows, not necessary. trink39.gif And Natch - your buddy had better join. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

You know who else I got to meet last night that was a huge thrill for me was MusicInTheAbstract. That guy is like a rock star to me. I knew about his website before I even knew about THIS one. And then to sign up here and see that he would visit and promote his website - and then get a copy of his remastered Vapor Trails... OMG! It was a pleasure to shake his hand last night. trink39.gif

And another kick ass guy I got to finally meet was CygnusX-1Bk2. To say he's a really nice and easy going guy to be around is an understatement. But I don't have any other way to say it, so... What a nice and easy going guy to be around!! I got such a charge out of meeting you, man. trink39.gif

And you know who else I got to meet? The man who starred in 1-0-0-1's epic movie as the boyfriend who stumbles upon something that changes his life. I wish I got his autograph. He rocked in that movie. trink39.gif

And MOOOOOON!!!!! 1022.gif

And OMG Tortoise and Hare you two are so f'ing sweet and are a riot! I'd love to spend 5 minutes in the classroom with J's students talking about the board. You should have seen their ankles last night. laugh.gif Just awesome!

And who were the two dudes from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida??? They were COOL!

And I got to meet Tick's Rush concert compadre, Emmet. Nice guy, too!

And Spike!!! bekloppt.gif you're a sweetheart biggrin.gif How great to meet you!

And Singularity was really cool to meet - but we didn't get to talk too much. We'll have to change that next time. trink39.gif

And thanks HUGE to LakesideMaiden and Der Trommler for getting us all together there. You two make an awesome couple and it was great to spend time with you. Whoo Hoooooo!!! trink39.gif

And even VINCENT showed up last night. How cool was that??? At least there was ONE good interviewer in room. wink.gif

and ROLINDA!!! 3 f'ing years we're hanging out on this board and finally see each other at a show! How cool!! Now if they only played Bravado last night. biggrin.gif

Any night I get to spend time with Slacka, Tick, Ceej, Necro, Donna, and 1-0-0-1 is AWESOME!! Love you guys!!

Actually, any night I get to spend out with Owlswing is awesome! Nothing beats going to a Rush show with my girl. wub.gif

Who did I forget? Not that you were forgettable, it's my lousy memory.

MSG ROCKED!!!! trink39.gif

Hey Pags...

Great meeting you too! I've been trying to convince my friend to join TRF for several months now. He says he'll definitely join after meeting the folks last night. We'll see confused13.gif

I wish I had more time to hang out at Stout. The time seemed to go so quickly. I'm sure there were a bunch of people that I hadn't met. Maybe next time. And, there will be a next time!!

I'm JUST waking up. coffee.gif

What an incredible time last night. Though there was a ton of fast paced walking around NYC and my body is killing me from it... it was ANOTHER of the most memorable nights of my life. yes.gif

We started this Summer of 2.gif here in Scranton and ending it in NYC's Madison Square Garden (Grady) is so appropriate. I've never seen a show there and last night was awesome. They sounded perfect. The sound in the venue is incredible. The service in the venue was incredible and the FRIENDS we were with were incredible.

The meetup at Stout was the best. We met so many new people from all the boards. I know I didn't get to meet everyone, but seeing old friends and making new ones was just the best.

Gotta hand it to LSM and Der Trom. They made things very easy for this gathering. It was very cool to hang out in the city with you guys and Tortoise and Hare. I really wish we could have had longer. yes.gif Hopefully one of the winter shows will line up on a weekend and we can all hang out again. yes.gif

Just a few weeks ago, I was talking with Tick and said that one of the only regrets of this tour was that he and I had not gotten to actually SEE 2.gif together. We'd partied at Pagscon, but he didn't go to that show. And we knew we'd see each other at the Garden, Grady... but not actually be together for the show, y'know? So then, as fate would have it, he got tickets right next to us. All I had to do was offer our slightly better seats to two gentlemen that were sitting next to Tick. They seemed to like where they were, but then I told them WHO they were sitting next to and they felt it best to take my offer and let me suffer sitting next to him. z7shysterical.gif Seriously... we had a great time though. Jamming with my good buddy Tick during Witch Hunt will be one of the most memorable moments of this tour for me. 1022.gif

Okay... gotta hook the cameras up and see what we got. More to come. This thread may be the biggest gathering thread EVER. laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 18 2007, 01:29 PM)
I really wish this show was a weekend show. I'm sure we all wanted to go someplace after the show and hang out, but we all had trains, planes and buses to catch, and work the next day. But what little time we hung out before the show was awesome. yes.gif trink39.gif

That was the longest train ride home ever....my alarm clock that went off at 5 am now sleeps with the fishes....2 hours sleep cup of coffee and a hot shower and was at work not-so-bright but early....great concert would not have missed it for the world. Never seen a more dedicated fan base...you guys rock

QUOTE (lmnopqrstuvwxYYZ @ Sep 18 2007, 01:34 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 18 2007, 01:29 PM)
I really wish this show was a weekend show. I'm sure we all wanted to go someplace after the show and hang out, but we all had trains, planes and buses to catch, and work the next day. But what little time we hung out before the show was awesome.  yes.gif  trink39.gif

That was the longest train ride home ever....my alarm clock that went off at 5 am now sleeps with the fishes....2 hours sleep cup of coffee and a hot shower and was at work not-so-bright but early....great concert would not have missed it for the world. Never seen a more dedicated fan base...you guys rock

You've been properly initiated. Glad you enjoyed it, bro. trink39.gif

Yeah, that train ride home SUCK-ED. Took way longer than it should have to get from Penn to Jamaica, and it was slow for the next few stops after that. Judging from all the noises we heard, the eastbound tracks seem to be in really bad shape. We should have gotten out and pushed.

Archived