What's the most overrated Rush song

drewb93

Theres a number of them, Between The Wheels, The Pass, but the king of all overrated songs beats them all.. 2112. Edited by ST3V

10. Losing It

9. Mystic Rhythms

8. Rivendell

7. Tears

6. The Anarchist

5. Between The Wheels

4. The Temples Of Syrinx

3. 2112 Overture

2. Xanadu

1. Available Light

8. Rivendell

Rivendell is so bad that its overrated?

I agree

theres lots of people on here who love that song, and consider this not boring and call every 90's song boring

Theres a number of them, Between The Wheels, The Pass, but the king of all overrated songs beats them all.. 2112.

:LOL:

The track that saved the band?

• Like 1

10. Losing It

9. Mystic Rhythms

8. Rivendell

7. Tears

6. The Anarchist

5. Between The Wheels

4. The Temples Of Syrinx

3. 2112 Overture

2. Xanadu

1. Available Light

Are you generally not all that thrilled with their earlier stuff, or is it a coincidence that much of this is from the earlier years?

10. Losing It

9. Mystic Rhythms

8. Rivendell

7. Tears

6. The Anarchist

5. Between The Wheels

4. The Temples Of Syrinx

3. 2112 Overture

2. Xanadu

1. Available Light

Are you generally not all that thrilled with their earlier stuff, or is it a coincidence that much of this is from the earlier years?

I love this stuff but these are songs that I feel like are too often considered their best or one of their best.
  • Like 1

red barchetta. there i said it.

The main guitar riff is cool but other than vital signs it's probably my least favorite on MP. I just find it kind of meh. I admit the lyrics are very good though.

Tom Sawyer but I still like it a lot. I also think red barchetta and spirit of radio are overrated. So is limelight. All are still good just played to death on the radio.

They're not overrated, they're overplayed.

Bohemian Rhapsody is a brilliant piece of songwriting, but I'll put a bullet in my skull if I have to listen to it one more time.

• Like 2

I think Subdivisions is overrated. Still a really good song, but they’ve done so much better just on Signals. The Analog Kid, Digital Man, The Weapon, and Countdown are all better.

I think Subdivisions is overrated. Still a really good song, but they’ve done so much better just on Signals. The Analog Kid, Digital Man, The Weapon, and Countdown are all better.

That whole album is so terrific. It sounds awesome to my 2020 electronic music ears. Especially The Weapon.

Listen to Neil on Subdivisions. He changes his pattern constantly through the song. I don't know any other pop/rock song (in the last 40 years) whose drummer does anything remotely like it.

• Like 2

The main guitar riff is cool but other than vital signs it's probably my least favorite on MP. I just find it kind of meh. I admit the lyrics are very good though.

who in gods name says Vital Signs is meh?
  • Like 1

Theres a number of them, Between The Wheels, The Pass, but the king of all overrated songs beats them all.. 2112.

Yeah...so, I gave it a listen today and the overture still kicks ass as an album opener. No way is 2112 overrated.

ETA: Unless you mean the entirety. I rarely listen past presentation.

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Yeah...so, I gave it a listen today and the overture still kicks ass as an album opener. No way is 2112 overrated.

... yes I mean 2112. the song. as a whole. Once it gets past the Synthesizer intro Overture kicks ass, Syrinx is great, Oracle: The Dream is pretty good and Presentation is just ok. The rest I could skip.

• Like 1

... yes I mean 2112. the song. as a whole. Once it gets past the Synthesizer intro Overture kicks ass, Syrinx is great, Oracle: The Dream is pretty good and Presentation is just ok. The rest I could skip.

I do skip it.

Tom Sawyer but I still like it a lot. I also think red barchetta and spirit of radio are overrated. So is limelight. All are still good just played to death on the radio.

They're not overrated, they're overplayed.

Bohemian Rhapsody is a brilliant piece of songwriting, but I'll put a bullet in my skull if I have to listen to it one more time.

Same thing. To me overplayed makes them overrated. When you hear something so much you get tired of it and so you lose respect for it. Maybe that's not fair but that's the way it is(for me anyway).

Edited by New_World_Man

who in gods name says Vital Signs is meh?

We all have our own opinions. I'm sure there's Rush songs you aren't crazy about that I like. Anyway, I was referring to red barchetta not vital signs. I didn't say anything about vital signs other than it being my least favorite on the album.

Edited by New_World_Man

That whole album is so terrific. It sounds awesome to my 2020 electronic music ears. Especially The Weapon.

Listen to Neil on Subdivisions. He changes his pattern constantly through the song. I don't know any other pop/rock song (in the last 40 years) whose drummer does anything remotely like it.

Subdivisions is my favorite Rush song ever, so speak on!

I think the best use of Tom Sawyer was in the TV show Chuck. One episode (Season 2, episode 5, aired 10-27-08: Chuck Versus Tom Sawyer) involved a video game that played the song and a player (the game inventor I think) kept saying "Rush is the music of the universe!" I couldn't agree more.

We loved the show Chuck, don't remember that, but will look it up.

I do remember the episode with Toto, The Rains In Africa, hands splayed wide, hush, hush, hush, employees attending an office party or something, but the whole scene was such a cliché.

• Like 1