I really like Tequila

Ya_Big_Tree

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't eve smell the stuff anymore. I had a bad experience back in the late 80s at Cornell University. One whiff brings me back to that night.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Apr 4 2008, 12:35 PM)
Tequila is the only alcohol I like drinking straight.(Well, sort of.) I like it with the lemon and salt.

You go for the training wheels, eh? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 29 2011, 02:29 PM)
Tequila is the only alcohol I like drinking straight.(Well, sort of.) I like it with the lemon and salt.

Yeah, really!!

Tequila, straight up!!

trink38.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 10 2007, 12:48 AM)
I like Tequila...

I like being drunk

That is all.

I also LOVE all of you!!! biggrin.gif

Were you drunk when you posted that?

unsure.gif

Exactly. I've never had tequila with salt and lemon. The salt part really puzzles me, actually.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 29 2011, 12:34 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 10 2007, 12:48 AM)
I like Tequila...

I like being drunk

That is all.

I also LOVE all of you!!!  biggrin.gif

Were you drunk when you posted that?

unsure.gif

Probably

That being said I still really like tequila

trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 29 2011, 02:49 PM)

Exactly. I've never had tequila with salt and lemon. The salt part really puzzles me, actually.

Here, here.

If you can't drink it straight because it's too harsh and you need the salt and lemon then it's not worth drinking at all.

patron.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Apr 29 2011, 01:22 PM)

Here, here.

If you can't drink it straight because it's too harsh and you need the salt and lemon then it's not worth drinking at all.

patron.gif

I guess if you're doing like 20 shots of the stuff the salt and lemon make it taste a lil better when you're refunding it in the porcelain throne the next day.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 29 2011, 03:30 PM)

Here, here.

patron.gif

I guess if you're doing like 20 shots of the stuff the salt and lemon make it taste a lil better when you're refunding it in the porcelain throne the next day.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

So it's seasoning for the day after? That's awesome, I've never heard that one before.

I have puked at night from drinking, maybe 3 times in my entire life, but I've never puked the next day.

no.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Apr 29 2011, 01:46 PM)

Here, here.

patron.gif

So it's seasoning for the day after? That's awesome, I've never heard that one before.

I have puked at night from drinking, maybe 3 times in my entire life, but I've never puked the next day.

no.gif

I've had both. Beer gives me the worst hangovers. I gotta stop drinking it. Time to switch back to the hard stuff. smile.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 29 2011, 03:51 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Apr 29 2011, 01:46 PM)

Here, here.

patron.gif

no.gif

I've had both. Beer gives me the worst hangovers. I gotta stop drinking it. Time to switch back to the hard stuff. smile.gif

I don't really get hangovers, I feel lethargic or super tired but never nauseous and very, very rarely have any type of headache. I guess I'm lucky.

Beer just makes me fat. laugh.gif

My last tequila event was ten years ago. I was staying at my mom's since I was recovering from my hip replacement.

My husband & I were just starting to date, and one night we went out (me on crutches still) and got hammered. He brought me home (he was sober) and apologized profusely to my family, who were up watching the news. Mom laughed and said, "well, she's old enough to make her own decisions, and she hasn't had any alcohol at all on doctor's orders in about a year. Not your fault." He then steered me up the stairs and poured me into bed.

My sister, who was watching me stagger up the steps, turned to her fiance and said, "oh my god, are they going upstairs to have sex?"

Her fiance looked at her and replied, "Um, Amy, did you SEE your sister? I don't think so!" biggrin.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Dec 16 2011, 04:44 PM)
http://c0413294.cdn2.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/patron-tequila.jpg

When it comes to Te-kill-ya, this his how I roll. Half glass of lemonade, half glass of seltzer water, slab of lime and a hefty shot of silver patron.

Awww, you water it down?

I just pour an ounce or two in glass and sip it. It's my favorite, hence the code for teh smiley belwo. smile.gif

patron.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Dec 16 2011, 07:16 PM)
http://c0413294.cdn2.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/patron-tequila.jpg

When it comes to Te-kill-ya, this his how I roll. Half glass of lemonade, half glass of seltzer water, slab of lime and a hefty shot of silver patron.

Awww, you water it down?

I just pour an ounce or two in glass and sip it. It's my favorite, hence the code for teh smiley belwo. smile.gif

patron.gif

Yeah...I'm easing my way into the world of premium tequilas. As most folks my earlier encounters with tequila involved cheap crap and eventually the bathroom floor.

I dig the flavor and can see myself working into sipping the good stuff. Right now I'm only experimenting with Patron silver but I'm going to try other blancos next and moving into anejo territory.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Dec 16 2011, 08:05 PM)

Awww, you water it down?

patron.gif

Yeah...I'm easing my way into the world of premium tequilas. As most folks my earlier encounters with tequila involved cheap crap and eventually the bathroom floor.

I dig the flavor and can see myself working into sipping the good stuff. Right now I'm only experimenting with Patron silver but I'm going to try other blancos next and moving into anejo territory.

Easing your way into it, eh? That's how I got into Guinness. I started with black & tans, and eventually moved on to straight Guinness. trink38.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Dec 16 2011, 08:05 PM)

Awww, you water it down?

patron.gif

It's a good one for sure. I've tasted quite a few tequilas and I always come back to Patron silver, I like it's flavor better than the anejo or resposado.

If you are ever in San Francisco go here:

http://tommysmexican.com/

Their "house" tequila is Arette and it is every bit as good as patron. If you can find that one give it a try.