• Before the Show
    • During the Show
    • After the Show
    • The Whole Night
    • Smokin' bud is bad

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Part 4 of a Trilogy @ May 30 2007, 10:26 PM)
^^^^that hurts my ulcer just looking at it.

No prob man, I've got an extra Prilosec for you. I usually need an extra one myself after reading Davey's posts. wink.gif

(Lighten up already Davey, I actually enjoyed your S&A review and the playing tips.)

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 30 2007, 06:06 PM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ May 30 2007, 09:48 AM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 30 2007, 05:45 AM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ May 30 2007, 01:35 AM)
might as well grab something to eat while i'm in here  trink38.gif

Beautiful! I'm taking that is authentic Mexican food??

yes, this is a taco applaudit.gif biggrin.gif

No shit. I'm not ignorant, I'm Cuban.

Are those supposed to be mutually exclusive?

tongue.gif

I'd be pretty upset if my 15 yr old was exposed to any drugs or drug odors while we are at his first major concert. If I see hear or smell anything drug related then he would also be exposed, I will take action to make it stop if necessary.

Sorry to be a downer here but use some common sense, if you are near a kid then you have to act responsibly.

Enjoy the show.

QUOTE (Spindrift @ May 31 2007, 06:38 AM)
I'd be pretty upset if my 15 yr old was exposed to any drugs or drug odors while we are at his first major concert. If I see hear or smell anything drug related then he would also be exposed, I will take action to make it stop if necessary.

Sorry to be a downer here but use some common sense, if you are near a kid then you have to act responsibly.

Enjoy the show.

Then don't take your kid to the show.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ May 31 2007, 11:15 AM)

Enjoy the show.

OK.......I'll deprive my son of a Rush concert so that you can get high.

Why didn't I think of that earlier?

I'd be pretty upset if my 15 yr old was exposed to any drugs......use some common sense.....

EXACTLY !

Well hate to break the News to you,

You will be Exposed to Drugs/Drinking/Adult Behavior

Common sense is Don't Bring a Minor to a Rock Concert !

Beside's teen Groups, My Kids were NOT Allowed to go to

Rock Concerts until they were 18, Untill then they are Under my supervision & I refused to Expose them to R movies, Vegas, or other Adult activities that might be a negative influence on them.

They are now 25/27 with kids & fully understand WHY I was so protective. Wish I had the " V " chip back then.

Thankfully the VEGAS show is 21 or Older ! !

QUOTE (GotRush @ May 31 2007, 12:22 PM)
I'd be pretty upset if my 15 yr old was exposed to any drugs......use some common sense.....

EXACTLY !

Well hate to break the News to you,

You will be Exposed to Drugs/Drinking/Adult Behavior

Common sense is Don't Bring a Minor to a Rock Concert !

Beside's teen Groups, My Kids were NOT Allowed to go to

Rock Concerts until they were 18, Untill then they are Under my supervision & I refused to Expose them to R movies, Vegas, or other Adult activities that might be a negative influence on them.

They are now 25/27 with kids & fully understand WHY I was so protective. Wish I had the " V " chip back then.

Thankfully the VEGAS show is 21 or Older ! !

Listen to the Q107 Kim Mitchell interview of Geddy and Alex (click on Kim's audio/video and listen to the "Kim talks to Rush about the new generation of Rush fans" clip) They LOVE the fact that kids are going with their parents to see RUSH.

Those who think that they must get high before/at a concert are going to have to deal with the fact that RUSH wants kids at their concerts.

Here is a bit of the interview transcript:

Geddy: "It's an amazing thing to look out at our audience and see fans and their kids, and that blows my mind and I love that.

Kim: "Isn't that something?"

Geddy "Yeah, it's really cool"

I'll add that it is more than a bit selfish to say that kids don't belong at a Rush concert so that others can freely use drugs.

Act responsibly, that's all anyone could ask for.

QUOTE (Spindrift @ May 31 2007, 01:45 PM)
Those who think that they must get high before/at a concert are going to have to deal with the fact that RUSH wants kids at their concerts.

NEWS FLASH: Kids can smoke marijuana too. Shit, kids would be more inclined to do so before a show than adults, you would think.

And if it's younger kids who're attending with a parent/guardian... the parent should be responsible enough to keep the kid away. There's no reason that somebody who's being calm, just having fun and smoking a few joints (I'm talking a few joints, not tweaking on a 20 of meth) should cause any trouble for a parent and their kid. And vice versa.

Don't like the pot/cigarette smoke? Buy tickets close to the stage.

Could only get lawn tickets? Move to another part of the lawn. They're generally pretty large.

Co-existing is fun.

QUOTE (dakota2112 @ May 31 2007, 02:01 PM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ May 31 2007, 12:56 PM)
NEWS FLASH: Kids can smoke marijuana too.

And is this something you encourage?

Another news flash, I'm 16 years old laugh.gif

And it's not something I encourage in excess, or if you let it turn you into an asshole. Otherwise, be my guest.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 31 2007, 02:28 PM)
I'm taking my kid to the strip club but there's gonna be trouble if he sees some tits! Good luck on your crusade to stop all the people smoking weed a rock concert, I'm sure you'll be very successful.

laugh.gif Not a bad analogy.

I started going to concerts when I was 13. My parents didn't know of course. Man, they would let anyone in back then.

I love to see teenagers at Rush. I would be disgusted by a kid's parent playing hall monitor at a concert though...........

Enjoy the show.

You'll encounter a drug odor (as you call it)......almost guaranteed. I'm really not sure how you are surprised by that though.....have you ever been to a concert (I'm not talking Barney either)?

QUOTE (tangdog @ May 31 2007, 03:23 PM)
It will be odiferous around me you can be sure.

laugh.gif

I know what you mean, but that's funneeeee. tongue.gif

You know, I love this "entitlement" attitude. It's not the friggin' Grateful Dead playing. All the "anti-smoking" crowd here has requested is that those of you who must smoke please be discreet. It's not really that much to ask for. It seems that a lot of rebels with bad attitudes smoke weed. (It's definitely a chicken and egg thing: The attitude or the smoking, which came first?)

And this much I am certain of: The show I see in Bristow, VA won't have much going on in the way of any smoke under the shed. It's just too tight. I have seen Rush there three times before, and I didn't see anyone smoking anything except a steak, before, during or after the concert.

And here is a final thought for all you adamant smokers out there: I would hate to get kicked out of the show because I just couldn't wait to smoke a doob.

QUOTE (Spindrift @ May 31 2007, 12:45 PM)
Listen to the Q107 Kim Mitchell interview  of Geddy and Alex (click on Kim's audio/video and listen to the "Kim talks to Rush about the new generation of Rush fans" clip) They LOVE the fact that kids are going with their parents to see RUSH.

Geddy: "It's an amazing thing to look out at our audience and see fans and their kids, and that blows my mind and I love that.

The tokers didn't respond to these words from the mouth of their beloved band leader.

Not to mention that it is illegal to smoke pot.......but that should be my problem as a parent. Not theirs an as an illegal drug user. rofl3.gif

Bring your children if you wish. Don't go expecting a wholesome family experience. Thats unrealistic.

Your kid will mostly likely be exposed to something you would prefer them not see. If not drugs, then drunken debauchery or worse.

Use the opportunity to explain to them thats its a travesty that marijuana is illegal while alcohol and tobbacco are legal and advertised.

What are you gonna say when they play Passage to Bangkok?

QUOTE (Spindrift @ May 31 2007, 10:53 PM)
Listen to the Q107 Kim Mitchell interview  of Geddy and Alex (click on Kim's audio/video and listen to the "Kim talks to Rush about the new generation of Rush fans" clip) They LOVE the fact that kids are going with their parents to see RUSH.

The tokers didn't respond to these words from the mouth of their beloved band leader.

I'll respond quickly,

You put words in Geddy's mouth By saying He " Wants" kids at the show

According to Quote , he just thinks its "cool"

I can only tell you how I would parent/handle this situation with my Kids dazed025.gif

I'm not Telling you how to Parent doh.gif

And you & your boy would Never Notice my Indulgence because I am Discreet wink.gif

But a lot of people aren't, cool10.gif

Also as mentioned, certain Venue's is almost impossible to smoke during the show. At least RUSH doesn't promote Pot too much, Like Sammy said during his last show " Light Um' Up ! " and he wasn't talking about cigarettes.

Get Enlightened & Watch the History Channel's "History of Illegal Drugs "

Very Interesting.

QUOTE (Spindrift @ May 31 2007, 10:53 PM)

Not to mention that it is illegal to smoke pot.......but that should be my problem as a parent. Not theirs an as an illegal drug user. rofl3.gif

Smoking weed at concerts has always go on. Please don't be a pain in everyone's ass at the concert. You are going to a concert and there will be weed. Don't ruin everyone's time for your own selfish reasons.

Archived