Roll The Bones

WCFIELDS

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't dislike Roll The Bones. It certainly isn't my favorite Rush piece, but far from my least favorite. The rap section in the title track makes me cringe in a way that very few Rush songs does, but beyond that, I really don't mind it that much. In fact "Neurotica" is the only song that I skip on that cd. But I respect your opinion. What do you not like about it?

I ran the numbers recently and it's official: RTB is only slightly better on my scale than Presto. I like 21% of the material on RTB and a whopping 18% of Presto.

Don't get me wrong they both suck generally but the particular suckage on Presto has a higher ratio of blow per songs played than RTB.

Figuring percentages.....how's that for being a Rush dork?

Counterparts was far better.......and then came RTB

Too many lyrics about games.......

roulette ("The Big Wheel")

cards ("Face Up")

craps ("Roll the Bones")

The rapping was super lame....

I find nothing groundbreaking or really that interesting, this album is super weak compared to the few before it, and the few after it.

I find Presto to be somewhat sylistically similar, but with far better songs.

and

You Bet Your Life......PERHAPS the worst Rush tune ever.....

But really.....what makes this album REALLY GOOD?

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ May 8 2007, 10:36 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 8 2007, 08:20 PM)
what a shitter.......

hey man! thems fightin werds!

WC---> http://usera.imagecave.com/RolindaBonz/box.gif <---Rolinda

tongue.gif

I posted 1 min too late....... tongue.gif

QUOTE (fitzchris72 @ May 8 2007, 11:24 PM)
I don't dislike Roll The Bones. It certainly isn't my favorite Rush piece, but far from my least favorite. The rap section in the title track makes me cringe in a way that very few Rush songs does, but beyond that, I really don't mind it that much. In fact "Neurotica" is the only song that I skip on that cd. But I respect your opinion. What do you not like about it?

Not only rapping, but a rapping skeleton! rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I really like Roll the Bones, and I especially love the title track. I don't understand why so many don't like it...it's a fun song. My best friend and I love RTB...we know all of the words and we always sing along with the rap section. It's one of our favorites!

RTB has other great songs, too. Bravado, Dreamline, Face Up, The Big Wheel, etc. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif What's not to love?

RTB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>T4E and CP combined

Roll the Bones ain't that bad. It's got some great songs on it, even if punchier production and a more ballsy alt-rock approach would have done wonders for it (even a bit of U2 or Smiths aping would have worked really well, I think, at least better than the thin pop rock approach it took).

The only song on it that I really don't like is "Face Up". I don't even mind "You Bet Your Life", even if it isn't on my iPod.

RTBs has some quality stuff on it. Bravado and Ghost of a Chance are two of my all time favorites. I think it was an improvement over HYF and Presto.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 8 2007, 10:20 PM)
my least favorite Rush album

Mine too. (But I love "Dreamline.")

The songs I don't like are Heresy, Face Up, The Big Wheel.... that's pretty much it. Other than that, it's pretty solid.

QUOTE (Finbar @ May 9 2007, 10:49 AM)
The songs I don't like are Heresy, Face Up, The Big Wheel.... that's pretty much it. Other than that, it's pretty solid.

You Bet Your Life too?

mine three.

I'll take dreamline, and ghost but can do w/out the rest.

Archived