Alex Confirms 2008 leg

The Owl

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 7 2007, 10:54 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ May 8 2007, 12:18 AM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ May 7 2007, 12:35 PM)
I don't want to start a rumor, but the following thought occurs to me:

Neil makes no secret of his dislike of touring. He has repeatedly requested in the past that the number of dates be cut back only to reluctantly agree to a tour longer than he desires. Could a tour of this possible length indicate that the band want to hit all of those places they may have bypassed for many years because this might be the last one????

Or, on a more positive note, could it mean that Neil is now ready to enjoy touring again???

Or, as rockettom said, do they just need/want the $$$$???

No way Snowdog.

I think Neil is finally getting back to normal too. He has been reborn yet again and is ready to tour for a year.

They will take some time off after the Tour. They will put out the live "Snakes & Arrows" dvd and Neil will write a book.

Then they will go into the studio and record another record that will come out in May of 2011 with a tour going on throughout that year and into the year 2012!!!!!

RUSH ON!

2010!!!

Did you like that sequel to 2001: A Space Odyssey???

Remember the opening to the "Counterparts" Tour??

wink.gif

SPOILER SPACE

Songs added prediction:

Bravado

The Trees

Songs dropped prediction:

Circumstances

Ghsot of A Chance

Wow, both rare tracks will be gone in 2008!

Since they are adding a second leg to the tour, I hope they will pick up some cities along the Gulf Coast that they have dropped over the years -

specifically New Orleans, Biloxi, Pensacola... please Guys! wink.gif

QUOTE (rushbass @ May 8 2007, 06:11 PM)
Since they are adding a second leg to the tour, I hope they will pick up some cities along the Gulf Coast that they have dropped over the years -

specifically New Orleans, Biloxi, Pensacola... please Guys! wink.gif

Yeah! The Mississippi fan base on TRF climbs toward 10! Welcome!

A show in Memphis or somewhere closer than Atlanta would be welcome to me. We'd just have to see what the fundage looked like at the time.

QUOTE (NISH2112 @ May 8 2007, 09:09 AM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 7 2007, 01:38 PM)
May be their last tour.    no.gif  no.gif  no.gif

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it can't be, !! I won't stand for it! no.gif no.gif

I treat every tour as if it was their last tour. I mean they've only been touring for 30+ some odd years. I surely don't want it to be their last. That is why I have vowed to go to at least one show on every tour until they make an official announcement.

After seeing seven different tours there is still a host of songs I want to see live that I've never seen before. So I definitely don't want them to stop.

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 8 2007, 12:54 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ May 8 2007, 12:18 AM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ May 7 2007, 12:35 PM)
I don't want to start a rumor, but the following thought occurs to me:

Neil makes no secret of his dislike of touring. He has repeatedly requested in the past that the number of dates be cut back only to reluctantly agree to a tour longer than he desires. Could a tour of this possible length indicate that the band want to hit all of those places they may have bypassed for many years because this might be the last one????

Or, on a more positive note, could it mean that Neil is now ready to enjoy touring again???

Or, as rockettom said, do they just need/want the $$$$???

No way Snowdog.

I think Neil is finally getting back to normal too. He has been reborn yet again and is ready to tour for a year.

They will take some time off after the Tour. They will put out the live "Snakes & Arrows" dvd and Neil will write a book.

Then they will go into the studio and record another record that will come out in May of 2011 with a tour going on throughout that year and into the year 2012!!!!!

RUSH ON!

2010!!!

Just the thought makes me old and tired. old.gif schla03.gif

I read in one of the interviews that when they get back from the european leg this winter they are eager to get back into the studio to start writing and recording again. This kind of info is definately contradicting any kind of last tour this go around. What would be really really cool is if the 2008 leg would be small venue shows in select markets. Kinda like the Tabernacle in Atlanta or the Fox theater. trink39.gif

So far everything I've heard about the 08 tour is that it will be South America and more of Canada.

I'd like some arena dates in the states. I'd rather see them indoors than at an amphitheater. Makes the light show better.

QUOTE (quickfree @ May 8 2007, 05:57 PM)
SPOILER SPACE

Songs added prediction:

Bravado
The Trees

Songs dropped prediction:
Circumstances
Ghsot of A Chance

Wow, both rare tracks will be gone in 2008!

Spoiler???

Since when is a prediction a spoiler???? rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Kidding

Well we'd have to have arena dates in the middle of winter if they're picking it up at the new year

Archived