Only at The Grindhouse!!

Ya_Big_Tree

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Mar 29 2007, 02:13 PM)
I am screening it tomorrow morning, I'll let you know if it kicks ass! (I'm sure it will)

biggrin.gif

Here is the link to the new trailer for Grindhouse
http://www.grindhousemovie.net/

Ordinarily I wouldn't mind this too much, but if you would have scrolled down just a tiny little bit, you would have seen this: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=23015

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 29 2007, 01:32 PM)
I am screening it tomorrow morning, I'll let you know if it kicks ass! (I'm sure it will)

biggrin.gif

Ordinarily I wouldn't mind this too much, but if you would have scrolled down just a tiny little bit, you would have seen this: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=23015

Yes I just noticed that. In fact I have posted in there already. But since it's dead, I decided to create a new one. biggrin.gif

Sorry I stole your thunder.

I couldn't find it last time I checked, also the link wouldn't work. My bad.

Edited by Ya_Big_Tree

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Mar 29 2007, 02:31 PM)
i think this movie looks awesome!!!

Oh it is.

In fact they almost screwed it all up about a month ago by wanting to release it as 2 separate features which totally defeats the purpose of a Grindhouse eyesre4.gif . Which in turn was making life utter hell for me and everyone here, rage.gif But aparently it turns out it was just Tarentino bitching about Hollywood yet again eyesre4.gif . So they are still making it a double feature with trailers in between for movies that don't even exist directed by Rob Zombie, Eli Roth and others.

Also you all should watch the Making of Grindhouse feature we are in the process of negotiating right now, it's amazing and it gives a good taste of the film. I'm sure it will be up on Youtube.com soon.

I am expecting to be in a sitting posistion for at least 3 hours tomorrow morning smile.gif

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c271/Deathcycle_617/news-grindhouse-book.jpg

Ya I am excited!

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Mar 29 2007, 03:54 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 29 2007, 01:32 PM)

biggrin.gif

Yes I just noticed that. In fact I have posted in there already. But since it's dead, I decided to create a new one. biggrin.gif

Sorry I stole your thunder.

I couldn't find it last time I checked, also the link wouldn't work. My bad.

Oh, the last thing I'm worried about is my 'thunder'. biggrin.gif

I'm just trying to be a helpful mod. yes.gif

Also, threads in here never 'die'. They're just resting! wink.gif Anyone is welcome to wake them up at any time!

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Mar 29 2007, 11:13 AM)

biggrin.gif

waiting patiently for your review ....waiting..... waiting ...

OMG!!!!

As I suspected be prepared for a long time in the theatre. We started it promptly at 9:30am and walked out at 12:45pm!

I really don't want to give too much away because I don't like wrecking movies for people before they have seen them but I will say this...

Planet Terror is Brilliant!! Lots of action, gore, zombies and a really sexy Rose McGowan with a machine gun leg. Lots of surprises in casting.

In between they did have trailers for movies that don't exist which really sucks because I kinda want to see them now. I really hope that when they start showing them in the theatre APRIL 6th!!!! that they keep the trailers how they are, but they probably will put other coming attractions in the beginning of the film so you guys wont get to see it how I saw it, which was totally Grindhouse-esque. Anyway they have trailers directed by Eli Roth (Thanksgiving) and Rob Zombie (Wearwolf Women of the S.S) and a few other goodies.

Death Proof is crazy. A lot of crazy action, hot girls and Kurt Russell killing girls in a fast car that he calls "Death Proof"

All in all, worth watching in the theatre! I for one am seeing it a couple more times. But I warn you that we are not going to have a lot of showtimes for this one because of the length, so be sure to get your tickets way ahead of time because I garantee that they will sell out at least for the first few weeks.

Enjoy! smile.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 1 2007, 09:33 PM)
Are they anything more than just highly stylized violence for highly stylized violence sake?

Seriously, are the movies quality movies in any way?

If you think that movies like "Sin City" and "Resivouir Dogs" were quality, then the answer is "yes."

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Apr 2 2007, 01:30 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 1 2007, 09:33 PM)
Are they anything more than just highly stylized violence for highly stylized violence sake?

If you think that movies like "Sin City" and "Resivouir Dogs" were quality, then the answer is "yes."

Hmmm, fair enough. I actually didn't see those movies because the impression I got from reviews (though great) was that they were primarily very stylized violence, but done well.

I don't mind violence if used in telling a really great story, like Goodfellas or The Matrix or a David Lynch or David Cronenberg film, but when it's the primary thrust of a story (like the Tarantino movies I've seen), it doesn't do much for me.

I really had no plan to see the Grindhouse thing anyway unless they got really stellar reviews. Then again, the Kill Bill movies got really stellar reviews and I haven't been able to make myself see those ones either once I heard how incredibly violent they were. It took me years to get around to see Pulp Fiction, and then ONLY because it got SUCH amazing reviews, and outside of a vague memory of some of the most violent scenes, I honestly remember very little from the movie. I guess it's a sub-genre I'm just not interested in - no matter how well done it is, if it's just violence for violence sake to be stylish and to clever without a really interesting story that doesn't exist merely to serve the violence, well, meh...

Give me a great Scorsese film any day over Tarantino...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 2 2007, 04:59 PM)

So...brutal, realistic violence as seen in Scorsese's films is okay with you, but stylized, over-the-top, sometimes cartoonish violence like in Tarantino's and Rodriguez's films is not?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 1 2007, 10:33 PM)

Planet Terror is a lil over the top at times with gore but the movie is about zombies so... it is all in good fun!

Death Proof isnt all that graphic in the violence dept, its more action packed I would say. Nothing as brutal as Resevoir Dogs or anything like that. So you should go see it Gary! smile.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 2 2007, 02:47 PM)

So...brutal, realistic violence as seen in Scorsese's films is okay with you, but stylized, over-the-top, sometimes cartoonish violence like in Tarantino's and Rodriguez's films is not?

It's not a matter of it being ok with me or not. I don't have some major philosophical opposition to violence in films, but I come out of a Scorsese film saying, "Wow, that was an amazing movie!". I come out of a Tarantino type movie feeling like I've been bludgeoned over the head without the satisfaction of having seen a really high quality story or what I personally consider to be great or memorable art. I need a decent amount of substance to go along with style.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 2 2007, 10:07 PM)

It's not a matter of it being ok with me or not. I don't have some major philosophical opposition to violence in films, but I come out of a Scorsese film saying, "Wow, that was an amazing movie!". I come out of a Tarantino type movie feeling like I've been bludgeoned over the head without the satisfaction of having seen a really high quality story or what I personally consider to be great or memorable art. I need a decent amount of substance to go along with style.

I've heard it argued before that Tarantino is all flash and no substance. I of course disagree. I suppose it's simply a matter of taste.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 2 2007, 07:21 PM)

I've heard it argued before that Tarantino is all flash and no substance. I of course disagree. I suppose it's simply a matter of taste.

It's definitely a matter of taste. I can see what it is about Tarantino movies and those kinds of movies that people like, it just doesn't really do it for me personally...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 2 2007, 09:25 PM)

It's definitely a matter of taste. I can see what it is about Tarantino movies and those kinds of movies that people like, it just doesn't really do it for me personally...

You just like to take the minority view Goobs on most subjects, it's the awkward old man in you (and he seems to be breaking out and taking over as the real Goobs)...

tongue.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 5 2007, 11:02 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 2 2007, 09:25 PM)

You just like to take the minority view Goobs on most subjects, it's the awkward old man in you (and he seems to be breaking out and taking over as the real Goobs)...

tongue.gif

Yeah, I have the opinions I do just to be different. sarcasm.gif