Things that piss Rush Fans off.

The Owl

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 7 2007, 11:23 PM)
QUOTE (softfilter @ Mar 7 2007, 08:43 PM)
I'd say the same worn out childish bashing of Geddy's vocal's. schla03.gif  eyesre4.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Yeah, that gets old REAL fast.

As a matter of fact, I was tired of hearing this back when I was 12, and sadly it hasn't changed in 25 years. pokey.gif

bd.gif

I'm SOOOOO sick of the crap comments about his voice. I've loved it always. The last person who pissed me off said"what's that singers name Giddy something"

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm tired of people bitching about me talking about Rush all of the time. Get over it!

People who call Geddy ugly.

People who bitch about Geddy's voice.

"They're still around?"

People who make fun of my Geddy fixation. "He's like, 60..."

beathorse.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 8 2007, 12:29 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 7 2007, 11:25 PM)
1. Rolling Stone Magazine
2. Rap Music
3. People who've never heard of Rush but own every NSync album
4. Radio stations that the only Rush song they play is "Tom Sawyer"
5. People who've never listened to rush but wear Rush clothing (i.e The Poser)
6. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
7. Having to wait for the Release of Snakes and Arrows

I'll come up with more later I just want to get this topic out there

I think you've covered all the bases nicely! cool.gif

But your #5 about 'posers' wearing Rush clothing...I have yet to see one of those!! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I've met one! I saw a guy at the mall wearing a signals shirt so I started chatting him up. He obviously wasn't up on his Rush news.

Him: "Yeah, I heard they're making a new album, but it's all going to be covers..."

Me: *thinking* wtf?

laugh.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Mar 8 2007, 12:04 PM)
People that don't like Rush but like punk. I mean WTF!!!!!

Why should a fan of punk necessarily be a fan of Rush? Rush isn't punk.

most people that dont like rush or even HATE them are typically non-musicians. their music has never been commercially appealing for WHATEVER reason.

I just keep telling people whenever they say they dun like Geddy's voice to listen to something from the 90's. The way he sings some of the tunes on T4E and Counterparts shows off that he actually does have a most awesome vocal range. hopefuly he shows off more of that on the NEW album--i thought he sounded a little strained on VT.

But i must say, the one thing that does piss me off, among RUSH FANS, aside from them saying they DONT like anything after Moving Pictures, is when they say Alex isnt a very good guitar player.

ARE yOU KIDDING ME??? He might not be flashy like Steve Vai or Joe Satriani, but you know what, hes very versatile and is no one-trick pony. I love his awesome use of 6-string chords, his soulful guitar solos, his spontanaiety, his consistency (like Ged and Neil, they're always playing perfectly), and he can shred when he wants to.

QUOTE (Finbar @ Mar 8 2007, 02:34 AM)
2. Rap Music

no.gif

Rush fans who are so closed minded about rap, yet can't understand others being closed minded about Rush.

sorry finbar, im a 42 year old white dude, so for me, rap sucks.(dog) wink.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Mar 8 2007, 06:37 PM)
2. Rap Music

no.gif

Rush fans who are so closed minded about rap, yet can't understand others being closed minded about Rush.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Mar 8 2007, 02:55 PM)
"Rush is so technical" pisses me off.

My local station KOMP had Geddy on to promote the T4E tour here while they were doing some stupid contest (they couldn't even set aside some time for A LEGEND IN ROCK! He had to share time with some stupid stunt they were doing) Anyway they asked his the usual questions:

"What will we hear from the new album?"

"What's your favorite songs to play live?"

"What was the hardest album to record?"

And it was during the answer to that question where Geddy talked about Hemispheres and how many different things were going on when the DJ said "Well you guys are so technical". What the hell does that mean? That Rush uses technology? Don't we all? Does that mean that they are technical players of their instruments? Well hell yeah they are!!

My brother in law said once that they had become political. WTF?! But after thinking about it I realized what he meant. "Political" was the only term he could think of to mean "They're too deep."

As for people saying that Geddy sounds like a girl; Have they ever heard Jon Anderson? Anderson's voice is even higher than Geddy's but you never hear that complaint about Yes.

QUOTE (Ghost of the Aragon @ Mar 8 2007, 12:41 PM)
I usually ignore negative comments about Rush. But the one I'm really tired of is "Geddy sounds like a girl." These people have very limited ideas of what a man can sound like. And they don't realize how misogynistic this comment is.

You know, in any other forum, your post would have all the members going to dictionary.com to figure what you're talking about.

Maybe Rush fans are a bunch of geeks. wink.gif

bolt.gif

How about when some mouth(usually drunk)spouts off that Rush hasn't done anything worth a shit since....2112 or Moving Pics or whatever.It doesn't really piss me off though,because after some interogation I can usually get them to admit that they don't know what the hell they're talking about and they've never really listened to Presto,T4E or VT.

well I've never encountered a RUSH poser. that would be funny though. to dominate him with my near infinite Rush knowledge.

but I agree with the radio station and the waiting for Snakes and Arrows one. my station plays Closer to the Heart, Limelight, Tom Sawyer, Freewill, and Spirit of Radio. at least thats all I've heard. I know it doesn't sound too bad, but theres SO MUCH MOREE!!!

"I'll never listen to them because that's all you ever talk about and all you wear is Rush shirts!"

1. Actually, the only time I mention them is when big news comes out like the new album and stuff... And it's only like a 20-second thing

2. I have 4 Rush shirts. 4. The school week lasts 5 days, so either they'd fade fast or smell bad.

3. That's a stupid point.

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Mar 8 2007, 05:54 PM)
QUOTE (Ghost of the Aragon @ Mar 8 2007, 12:41 PM)
I usually ignore negative comments about Rush.  But the one I'm really tired of is "Geddy sounds like a girl."  These people have very limited ideas of what a man can sound like.  And they don't realize how misogynistic this comment is.

You know, in any other forum, your post would have all the members going to dictionary.com to figure what you're talking about.

Maybe Rush fans are a bunch of geeks. wink.gif

bolt.gif

laugh.gif I just looked up misogynistic. I keep the dictionary close to the computer when I'm not using it as a bookmark for one of Neils books. smile.gif

fifty cents for you, Ghost of the Aragon trink38.gif

QUOTE (andrew28 @ Mar 8 2007, 08:15 AM)
Peart mispronounciation.

People who think everything after Moving Pictures sucks.

People who think the Beatles are the only band that matters.

That Grand Master Flash is a R&R Hall of Fame inductee (I love Rapper's Delight, but it's neither Rock, nor Roll).

DJ's who refer to "The Spirit of Radio" as "Spirit of the Radio."

Neil Peart won't return my letters.

Neil Peart won't return my phone calls.

Neil Peart won't rescind his restraining order.

Alex ate all my cheese.

Geddy...ahh hell, Geddy could never piss me off.

laugh.gif goodpost.gif

2. Rap Music

no.gif

Sorry Tick. Many people are whatever age, whatever race, whatever sex and can't stand Rush. (Snow dog.) wink.gif

QUOTE (Finbar @ Mar 8 2007, 10:48 PM)
2. Rap Music

no.gif

Sorry Tick. Many people are whatever age, whatever race, whatever sex and can't stand Rush. (Snow dog.) wink.gif

Ya know Finbar if I was you I'd just drop it altogether.

I've read your post on several topics defending Rap music.

I can understand you wanting to rebuttal and have spoke your mind truthfully and sincere on how you feel. Respect you for that,BUT in the end your just spinning wheels. Message board for the rock group 2.gif

Pretty much polar opposite of rap,so it shouldn't be no suprise a large percent of there fans are the same way. Hostile remarks towards this genre of music is part of the territory. It's a losing battle dude you can either except this is the way it is, Or continue trying to put out uncontrollable fires. Don't care either way say what you want, just think you might start getting bitter taking it personal and having resentment for complete strangers and no longer enjoy the common ground 2.gif the main reason were here.

I should know , I'm a Dixie Chicks fan spoke my mind about that, and there were plenty who sure as hell made sure I knew what they thought! laugh.gif So what, can't hold a grudge against someone in this abstract form,(dosen't mean I have to like them either tongue.gif ) So I've excepted that this a forum based on RUSH, MOVE ON OR DWELL AND BE ANGRY AND MISERABLE. Seems like a waste of time to me being this way. confused13.gif

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Mar 8 2007, 10:31 PM)
Just a note to which ever mod or admin is doing that...

You have to be kidding. That's just way too PC. cool.gif

You know you have heard people say that before. And in less sensitive ways than I said it.

Doing what? Am I missing something here?

Anyway, the only thing that really does piss me off in this manner is when people who know that I'm a Rush fan start saying things like "Rush sucks" just for the sake of pissing me off. I know that I'm stepping right into their trap, but I can not stand it when people say things like that, especially when they probably don't even know a single Rush song.

I actually have no problem with people who don't like Geddy's voice. Its really either something that you love or hate because its so unique.

One thing that really got to me though was someone insisting on some sort of homoerotic fantasy because I have a picture of Rush (Roll the Bones official portrait) as my desktop wallpaper......I mean wtf? (This is the shot btw: http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/wallpaper/RTBgroup.jpg )

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 8 2007, 07:11 AM)
Sometimes, other Rush fans.

Yeah, like the one behind me who told me to sit down while the band was playing "Between the Wheels". To this day, everytime I see it on R3o or P/G, it irks me. The song used to be my favorite, now it just brings back bad memories. And yes, like a good citizen, I complied and sat down feeling a little miffed.

Also, the fact that Neil and I haven't crossed paths here in LA yet. I'm moving in a couple of months out of state and time is running out! Not looking to shake the man hand or anything, just a crazy brother to brother shout out, "You da man Neil!" boarder.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Mar 8 2007, 09:41 PM)
QUOTE (Finbar @ Mar 8 2007, 10:48 PM)
2. Rap Music

no.gif

Ya know Finbar if I was you I'd just drop it altogether.

I've read your post on several topics defending Rap music.

I can understand you wanting to rebuttal and have spoke your mind truthfully and sincere on how you feel. Respect you for that,BUT in the end your just spinning wheels. Message board for the rock group 2.gif

Pretty much polar opposite of rap,so it shouldn't be no suprise a large percent of there fans are the same way. Hostile remarks towards this genre of music is part of the territory. It's a losing battle dude you can either except this is the way it is, Or continue trying to put out uncontrollable fires. Don't care either way say what you want, just think you might start getting bitter taking it personal and having resentment for complete strangers and no longer enjoy the common ground 2.gif the main reason were here.

I should know , I'm a Dixie Chicks fan spoke my mind about that, and there were plenty who sure as hell made sure I knew what they thought! laugh.gif So what, can't hold a grudge against someone in this abstract form,(dosen't mean I have to like them either tongue.gif ) So I've excepted that this a forum based on RUSH, MOVE ON OR DWELL AND BE ANGRY AND MISERABLE. Seems like a waste of time to me being this way. confused13.gif

So basically: Lots of people here hate rap, so rap fans should just shut up when the music they like is being insulted? Even when people are claiming to speak for all Rush fans whie bashing it?

For the past 100 years I've heard every criticism of Rush (most have already been posted in this thread). That's OK. I understand that Rush is not everyone's cup of tea. They shouldn't be. Everyone has their own taste(s) in music. I guess the negative stuff used to bother me years ago but now that I'm old and smelly I just don't care what anyone says. To me, our boys do not have equals, will never have equals, and that makes them special to me.

Say what you want. I don't care. I will just laugh at you and your small penis.

Archived