edmondy

Hi, Everyone! New member here. I thought I would introduce myself and a little information(hopefully I won't put you to sleep).

I began as a Rush fan at the time A Show of Hands was released. I bought this TAPE(!!) and 2112. I took them in to work and the manager said something to the effect that "Those two have a good degree of difference between them". He was right, but I became a BIG fan. I started acquiring all their previous tapes. I bought the Show of Hands video, the fabric wall tapestry( 653.gif ). I remember getting excited then I bought my first CD which was Power Windows(even remember the [DDD] mastering on it which I thought was SO cool. I bought Presto, Chronicles, Roll the Bones(saw the concert!), Counterparts, and Test for Echo.

The last two I bought didn't really hit me too big. I liked a couple of songs on each CD but that was about it. I kept listening to all my previous Rush albums until about '98. Kind of lost interest at that time. The next CD I purchased was Vapor Trails. This CD at first REALLY left me cold! The first thing I thought was "what the hell!?" I put it aside.

I have recently purchased a new vehicle which had a CD player that could play MP3s. I had previously switched my collection to all CDs at this point. I transfered the CD's to Mp3 and put everything on a couple of MP3 cds. This CD has been in my cd player for about a week.

Something funny happened as I started to slowly listen to Vapor Trails. The first song that grew on my was Ghost Rider. The other songs still were kind of put aside. Then I started to play and replay One Little Victory. This song has grew on me BIG TIME! So needless to say, right now I seem to be in a full blown RUSH revival(for me anyway). Can't wait till the new CD and hopefully seeing them in Nashville!

(wow, this is long..almost put MYSELF to sleep!)

your absolutely welcome around here, cool peeps.

QUOTE (edmondy @ Feb 16 2007, 06:30 AM)
I remember getting excited then I bought my first CD which was Power Windows(even remember the [DDD] mastering on it which I thought was SO cool.

Welcome to the Rush Forum edmondy, and always remember, anything DDD is always a good thing! tongue.gif

Welcome to TRF! Rediscovering Rush is awesome. It happened to me around the time Presto was released, but exploded when Roll The Bones came out. It happens for all of us at different times, for different reasons, and without warning. How cool is that?

Enjoy these virtual hallways. But please don't lean on the walls of the S&A forum. The paint is still wet.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (edmondy @ Feb 17 2007, 10:38 AM)
Thanks everyone! I'm currently reading all the back posts getting myself caught up with everyone else. On Page 57(of 100+) ohmy.gif

smile.gif enjoy the ride edmondy and welcome to TRF it's great that you are a 2.gif fan and it's going to be a great year. yes.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

bekloppt.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/moving%20pictures%20smilies/greetz.gif

welcome to the board !!!!! 1022.gif

i hope all your posts are not so long. eyesre4.gif

im just kidding ! wink.gif trink39.gif enjoy yourself at the best messege board on the planet !

I first discovered Rush April of 2006... Almost a year ago and it doesn't seem that long ago... The first album I bought was Moving Pictures. Then I bought all the rest of them and 4 shirts and now I'm the biggest Rush freak in the school! (at least I think so... unsure.gif)

Have fun on this forum. You'll soon become addicted. trink39.gif

young priest of syrinx

you mean to say there is more than ONE rush freak at your school?

Welcome aboard, edmondy. Been a fan since 1982 (Signals). I, too, left Rush for a time (about the time Counterparts was out until the time Geddy's solo album "My Favorite Headache" came out when I started to be interested again.)

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Feb 17 2007, 01:49 PM)
young priest of syrinx
you mean to say there is more than ONE rush freak at your school?

Well I am one of them, then there is actually a TRF member that goes to my school, deadwing2112. He got into Rush before me actually. I've introduced Rush to a few of my friends and they seem to be coming along as fellow Rushians. smile.gif laugh.gif

Wow, after years and years of not hearing some of these songs, it is amazing that every note and drumbeat of these songs comes right back to me. I'm listening to Bastille Day which I am sure I have not heard in about 10 years and I remember every piece of the song. Guess it just goes to show how hardcore of a Rush fan I was(AM!)

Archived