THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

daveyt

Kraft said, "I don't answer to Tom Brady."

Quite possibly one of the greatest quotes in all of Sports History....... :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

This morning this has been the hot topic on sports talk radio. Kraft is, by far, the most popular of the local pro teams owners (but, let's be fair his competition includes Jeremy "Lockout" Jacobs and Larry "Psst, did you know Terry Francona had a drug problem" Lucchino). But lots of people are calling his comments "classless" and even dishonest. If Amendola isn't great the team is going to look bad for letting Welker go. If Amendola is, as has been suggested, a younger and actually faster Welker, they'll look like geniuses. Again.

This morning this has been the hot topic on sports talk radio. Kraft is, by far, the most popular of the local pro teams owners (but, let's be fair his competition includes Jeremy "Lockout" Jacobs and Larry "Psst, did you know Terry Francona had a drug problem" Lucchino). But lots of people are calling his comments "classless" and even dishonest. If Amendola isn't great the team is going to look bad for letting Welker go. If Amendola is, as has been suggested, a younger and actually faster Welker, they'll look like geniuses. Again.

Would you say that the perception of Belichick/Kraft being "Geniuses" is fading? It seems to me that for many years, in the eyes of the national sports media, Belichick could do no wrong. He was infallible. I don't think that perception is as strong as it once once.

Amendola may be younger and faster, but is he a better player? It will be very hard for Amendola to prove himself as Welker's equal if he doesn't get targeted as often as Welker did.

Would you say that the perception of Belichick/Kraft being "Geniuses" is fading? It seems to me that for many years, in the eyes of the national sports media, Belichick could do no wrong. He was infallible. I don't think that perception is as strong as it once once.

Amendola may be younger and faster, but is he a better player? It will be very hard for Amendola to prove himself as Welker's equal if he doesn't get targeted as often as Welker did.

Yeah, I think the "shine" is coming off Belichick a little. Kraft, particularly after his role in ending the lockout last year, is still seen as great owner. Belichick, however, hasn't won a Super Bowl in 8 seasons, and he's made some decisions in the last several years (going for it from the Giants 30 rather than kick the field goal is SB 42, benching Welker for the beginning of the playoff game against Jets for his foot comments) that have made people say "he isn't infallible." Believe it or not, you never heard that before Super Bowl 42.

I don't think Amedola is as good as Welker, but, in fairness, Welker wasn't as good as Welker before he came to the Patriots. And Amendola's injuries have been more of the "snakebite" variety, rather than things like nagging hamstring problems. We'll see.

P.S., yes I know how whiny "the Patriots haven't won a Super Bowl in 8 whole years" sounds. :)

Yeah, I think the "shine" is coming off Belichick a little. Kraft, particularly after his role in ending the lockout last year, is still seen as great owner. Belichick, however, hasn't won a Super Bowl in 8 seasons, and he's made some decisions in the last several years (going for it from the Giants 30 rather than kick the field goal is SB 42, benching Welker for the beginning of the playoff game against Jets for his foot comments) that have made people say "he isn't infallible." Believe it or not, you never heard that before Super Bowl 42.

I don't think Amedola is as good as Welker, but, in fairness, Welker wasn't as good as Welker before he came to the Patriots. And Amendola's injuries have been more of the "snakebite" variety, rather than things like nagging hamstring problems. We'll see.

P.S., yes I know how whiny "the Patriots haven't won a Super Bowl in 8 whole years" sounds. :)

I think Belichick may be following the path of his good friend, Robert Montgomery Knight, and his hubris will do him in.

Still, he's unparalleled at in game decision making, at least when he tries to win games rather than trying to prove a larger point.

The Patriots will struggle this year but they will still be a factor in the weaker AFC conference. Watch out for those Colts they maybe the real deal.

Thompkins and Dobson looked better yesterday. Frankly, Brady was the one who didn't look too sharp, and who made some bad decisions. Gronkowski probably returns next week, and that will help the offense. Vereen and Amendola ( :o :sarcastic: ) are going to be out for awhile though.

The defense looked better, although they have yet to face a decent offense. Next week will be a good test against Atlanta in that foolish dome.

Thompkins and Dobson looked better yesterday. Frankly, Brady was the one who didn't look too sharp, and who made some bad decisions. Gronkowski probably returns next week, and that will help the offense. Vereen and Amendola ( :o :sarcastic: ) are going to be out for awhile though.

The defense looked better, although they have yet to face a decent offense. Next week will be a good test against Atlanta in that foolish dome.

Will Amendola be back by 10/27? You promised he would be.

Will Amendola be back by 10/27? You promised he would be.

First of all, I did not promise he'd be back. I simply stated that he would be playing when the Patriots play your Dolphins and that you'd be able to enjoy that.

That said, I think it will be close. But he's already missed more regular season games than Welker missed between 2007 and 2012. Not good.

No Gronk, no Amendola for Patriots this week

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 28, 2013, 4:07 PM EDT

The questions about the health of tight end Rob Gronkowski and his relationship with the Patriots will linger for at least another week.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, neither Gronkowski nor wide receiver Danny Amendola traveled to Atlanta with the team today, and won’t play Sunday night against the Falcons.

Not only will it add fuel to stories about some disparity between the Gronkowski camp and the Patriots regarding the handling of his injury, but it also puts the Patriots in the same spot of relying on inexperienced pass-catchers.

They’ve been able to get away with it so far, as they’re still 3-0 and atop the AFC East.

About time! :smoke:

:ebert: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :ebert:

Hey Ducky!! Since when are you a Pats fan?????? (what the

hell???... No more beer for Ducky! Geez!) RNB will love ya though!!!!

About time! :smoke:

:ebert: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :ebert:

Hey Ducky!! Since when are you a Pats fan?????? (what the

hell???... No more beer for Ducky! Geez!) RNB will love ya though!!!!

The answer is when they play the Asshatlanta Foolclowns.

Wilfork out for the year.

HUGE loss (no pun intended). Vince is basically the Brady of the defense, and he's the last remaining player from the teams that won Super Bowls with good defense, not a shiny offense.

Offenses will try to run, run, run against the Patriots now. Wilfork's backup is a marked man. :o

When the Patriots turned over the ball on downs Sunday at their own 26 in the fourth quarter, I went upstairs to do some things I needed to do to get ready for the week. I put the game on 98.5 and listened to the radio call. I'm so glad I did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etEFjpIVpYI

Entertaining clip! Those are the Patriots' radio announcers? The one guy sounds like they hired him straight from the local tavern.... :laughing guy:

When the Patriots turned over the ball on downs Sunday at their own 26 in the fourth quarter, I went upstairs to do some things I needed to do to get ready for the week. I put the game on 98.5 and listened to the radio call. I'm so glad I did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etEFjpIVpYI

Entertaining clip! Those are the Patriots' radio announcers? The one guy sounds like they hired him straight from the local tavern.... :laughing guy:

He's actually Scott Zolak, a former Patriots quarterback (circa mid 1990s) himself. He also hosts a radio program on 98.5 weekdays. He's, umm, "animated." But in all seriousness he's both knowledgeable and entertaining.