NEIL PEART UPDATE!!

droolingpictures

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 14 2006, 06:55 PM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Dec 14 2006, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 14 2006, 07:34 PM)
Personally I've never got annoyed by the fact of an actual quote...

no shit but after 7 quotes in a row the effect of any "direct" quote is long gone yes.gif

we can do the homework, mr.

Well really I shouldn't have responded to Rushfan's "comments" at all and just let 73 handle it, but hey maybe new album excitement got the better of me...

trink38.gif

laugh.gif trink38.gif trink39.gif

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, according to Mr Peart, the recording went beyond their expectations, I think they got the right producer this time around. Judging by all that he said regarding this new recording, I gotta believe a March or April release date is in the wings. If I had to choose which month- I'd say April. So there- April!

Sounds like his drumming on this is going to be very exciting and dynamic stuff! I am bursting with anticipation. Bring on the new year! 653.gif

QUOTE (MUSICinTheABsTrAcT @ Dec 14 2006, 09:11 PM)
. . . SO, you NEP fanatics . . . could this be evidence of electronic drums on the new Rush record, or merely a practice acoustic drumset????

http://www.musicintheabstract.org/rush-oddities/webgraphics/nep-electronic.jpg

If that's the case, then it will be another Genesis "Invisible Touch" album. unsure.gif

QUOTE (MUSICinTheABsTrAcT @ Dec 14 2006, 10:11 PM)
. . . SO, you NEP fanatics . . . could this be evidence of electronic drums on the new Rush record, or merely a practice acoustic drumset????

http://www.musicintheabstract.org/rush-oddities/webgraphics/nep-electronic.jpg

notworthy.gif

smile.gif This is fantastic news and I am still hoping for a late March release date as I said previously. Neil seems really relaxed and positive and i like the sound of what is to come. 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

This is really brilliant news, especially since Neil is so positive and seems to be enjoying himself. I'm sure we can look forward to a typical Rush tour de force.

I must admit that reading that was VERY encouraging, and it sounds very promising. I'm still skeptical, as doubtless they thought Vapor Trails was a great work too while recording it.

I hope someone picked up the lack of mentioning anything whatsoever to do with keyboards, so as usual I'll only be able to pine for the good old days in that regard.

The one thing I do hope for is clarity and simplicity. Besides the general soupy mix on VT, there was just too much going on in general - too many overdubs, and well, just too much. Hopefully they've simplified somewhat in this regards. I don't mind musical complexity, quite the contrary, I just want to be able to follow along with each instrument like on MP. Too much to ask?

Anyway, time will tell, I look forward to "Gate of the Year" soon! biggrin.gif

OK I can't wait for this now sounds like they had a great time making it.

And that should transfer over to the music .

I am not too found of the Gate of the Year title but they could call it crap on a stick if the is music good then whatever.

It will be released on a Tuesday and in 2007. 653.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 14 2006, 09:38 PM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/test4vitalsigns/studio_nep.jpg

FLIPPIN SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm also diggin the hardwood floors....

yes.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Dec 15 2006, 09:18 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 14 2006, 09:38 PM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/test4vitalsigns/studio_nep.jpg

FLIPPIN SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm also diggin the hardwood floors....

yes.gif laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

I thought that last night when I read this!!!

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 15 2006, 11:20 AM)
Me want new album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ME WANT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last time I was this psyched about an albun was for Mighty Rearranger (which was worth the wait, BTW.) But then I didn't have a whole buch of people all psyched about waiting with me - at least, not that I knew of.

Edit - I have heard a rumor that the new Atlantic release schedule has Rush on for April - don't have any proof I could offer up, though. sad.gif

Archived