Farewell to Peter Boyle

Jack Aubrey

Peter Boyle passed away today from complications from heart disease and bone cancer. He was 71. Rest in peace, sir. Thanks for all the laughs!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/e8292363937095561fc1b2017d7c1c2a.jpg

Jack, you beat me to it.

Yeah, he was definitely a good actor. I believe he also knew John Lennon fairly well back in the 70's

Yeah good character actor and I believe he was a good stage actor too. I remember him as a cabby in Taxi Driver, Young Frankenstein the dream Team, Turk 182 and various other chracter roles in many films. He wasn't a "star" actor but one of the dependable guys who if you saw was in the cast list of a given film you were considering watching or renting, you'd probably think "oh I might watch this if this guy's in it..." one of those guys...

He's done really well actually because he suffered a stroke in 1990 and couldn't talk for 6 months...

RIP Peter

OH NO sad.gif I'm learning about this from this thread. Aw man, I think he was an incredible talent. Of course my favorite being the monster in Young Frankenstein.

Rest well

QUOTE (paganoman @ Dec 13 2006, 01:50 PM)
OH NO sad.gif I'm learning about this from this thread. Aw man, I think he was an incredible talent. Of course my favorite being the monster in Young Frankenstein.

Rest well

yup...

me too...

sad sad day indeed...

sad.gif

QUOTE (Slime @ Dec 13 2006, 02:58 PM)
I'm in the middle of watching YF for the first time and I click on this thread...

For the first time? OMG, dude - you are watching one of my favorite movies of all time.

From his singing performance of "Putting on the Ritz" in "Young Frankenstein," to parts in "Johnny Dangerously" and "The Dream Team," to a dramatic turn as Billy Bob Thornton's racist father in "Monster's Ball," to his role on "Everybody Loves Raymond"... I'll remember him well.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Dec 13 2006, 05:59 PM)
From his singing performance of "Putting on the Ritz" in "Young Frankenstein,"

That, to me, is the high point of the movie. I crack up every time.