Wii thread

Slime

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Mar 17 2008, 09:40 AM)
Sonic is by far the best character in SSB3. He even has the old school Sega sound effects laugh.gif

I could go either way.

His speed makes him so elusive and difficult to hit.

But his moves aren't exactly spectaculer overall for finishing.

And his special, could've been better.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 17 2008, 09:55 AM)
My ten year old got SSBB the day it came out and we have to PRY the controller out of his hands after an hour or so. He loves it.

I got it on sunday.

I've played over 12 hours already.

Love the game to death, i know how your son feels.

Lucario is my favorite character for SSBB, espically once his damage gets going, then he gets really strong.

Other then him, it's samus and then link.

Link and toon link's special i don't enjoy very much.

Samus' is great, but only if there's like no time left, or each oppenent has 1 stock left.

I love Lucario's. The beam that can go basically anywhere, it's nice, doesn't always get er done, but weakens em non the less.

I DO however, have a few complaints:

Link for example lost too much i believe. His sword spin is shorter then i remember, and aswell they took away some of his jumping abality which i wasn't too happy about.

I was at 85% damage with numerous characters, and i got hit by a .5 second charged smash attack, and went from the middle to the end of the stage. Which i wasn't happy about, because I was like, why? They get sent too far with no control even slow down.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Mar 18 2008, 07:34 PM)
Lucario is my favorite character for SSBB, espically once his damage gets going, then he gets really strong.

Other then him, it's samus and then link.

Link and toon link's special i don't enjoy very much.
Samus' is great, but only if there's like no time left, or each oppenent has 1 stock left.

I love Lucario's. The beam that can go basically anywhere, it's nice, doesn't always get er done, but weakens em non the less.

I DO however, have a few complaints:

Link for example lost too much i believe. His sword spin is shorter then i remember, and aswell they took away some of his jumping abality which i wasn't too happy about.

I was at 85% damage with numerous characters, and i got hit by a .5 second charged smash attack, and went from the middle to the end of the stage. Which i wasn't happy about, because I was like, why? They get sent too far with no control even slow down.

yea i love this game...i dont rly have a set character yet....but i use dif chars for dif things

Link=Those brawls where u kill tons of weak ones like in classic mode "team Wario" or w/e

Ganandorf=things that require strength(home runs,all star mode)

Toon Link=for versitle things

Pit/Meta Knight=Target Smash

so it all really depends......

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Mar 18 2008, 11:28 PM)
Sonic is by far the best character in SSB3. He even has the old school Sega sound effects laugh.gif

I could go either way.

ohmy.gif are you kidding? I get at least 2 or 3 kills each time I use his special. It's especially brutal on the new, smaller stage designs. He's pretty easy to KO, but if you're good at evasive maneuvers, you usually only die to items (assist trophies, FS's, explosives).

And his smash attacks can get rid of people with moderate to high damage... you've just gotta roll around a bit until you can hit them with a charge.

I myself am out of that market. The one the Wii is aiming for that is. I am not interested in those kinds of games anymore. I like shooters and such. But Mario kicks ass. I still think that the machine that will never die is the Nintendo 64. I STILL PLAY IT!!!

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Mar 19 2008, 12:12 PM)
QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Mar 18 2008, 11:28 PM)

I could go either way.

ohmy.gif are you kidding? I get at least 2 or 3 kills each time I use his special. It's especially brutal on the new, smaller stage designs. He's pretty easy to KO, but if you're good at evasive maneuvers, you usually only die to items (assist trophies, FS's, explosives).

And his smash attacks can get rid of people with moderate to high damage... you've just gotta roll around a bit until you can hit them with a charge.

Ya, he raped me today when i was playing.

But i don't understand why they made Lucario so light, He's Steel/Fighting, he should be heavier.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Mar 19 2008, 05:26 PM)
QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 19 2008, 05:45 PM)
The only game I would consider playing on the Wii is "No More Heroes".

No More Heroes is pretty horrible man... try Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, SSBB, or Resident Evil 4.

RE4 is really good. As for No More Heroes, i like the concept of it. You can't go wrong with people like Suda51 (maker of No More Heroes and Killer 7) and Hideo Kojima (maker of Metal Gear Solid games).

Oops, forgot about that. Metroid Prime 3 made me cry... tears of joy.

Am I the only one who would freak the f**k out if they started porting the Metal Gear Solid games over to Wii? I know it's most likely not even a possibility, but come on... it's a worthy dream.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Mar 20 2008, 08:58 AM)
Oops, forgot about that. Metroid Prime 3 made me cry... tears of joy.

Am I the only one who would freak the f**k out if they started porting the Metal Gear Solid games over to Wii? I know it's most likely not even a possibility, but come on... it's a worthy dream.

Metriod Prime 3 wub.gif

Great game if i do say so.

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Mar 20 2008, 06:13 PM)
QUOTE (pt2112 @ Mar 18 2008, 02:22 PM)
My new favourite character in Super Smash right now is Meta Knight.

I don't have many characters, but my favorite at the moment is Lucas. Meta Knight and Pit are the other ones I really like.

Lucas is surprisingly strong.

I still love Lucario for brawls, but for quick kill situations, Samus or even Link is good.

QUOTE (Slime @ Apr 6 2008, 08:38 PM)
Meta Knight is amazing!

Then again, so are most of the fighters. I need to finish SSE to get more.

I unlocked everyone in Brawl, but i haven't found all the trophies of em in the SSE.

I liked the SSE though, better then adventure in Melee

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Apr 7 2008, 12:31 AM)
QUOTE (Slime @ Apr 6 2008, 08:38 PM)
Meta Knight is amazing!

Then again, so are most of the fighters. I need to finish SSE to get more.

I unlocked everyone in Brawl, but i haven't found all the trophies of em in the SSE.

I liked the SSE though, better then adventure in Melee

I thought it was incredibly boring... sure, it was better than Melee, but it was still several hours of running through endless samesy levels.

Got Mario Kart this weekend. Never played any of the previous Kart games, so I'm still trying to get the hang of it. Played a while online and did ok for a noob. Found it easier to play with the nunchuk instead of the wheel.

Archived