Wii thread

Slime

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still waiting for Wii's to come back into stock, so I used some of my fund to get Smackdown vs Raw 08.

It's a really promising game. Bit annoying that there are hardly any exhibition options, but Main Event Mode is fairly solid. I can't wait for them to really develop how to use the Wii remote though - My wrist is absolutely killing me, as most of the time alot of shaking is involved to reverse moves, get up etc.

Still, not a bad game. Next years should be very good.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jan 22 2008, 01:56 PM)
Ok, so SSB3 (Brawl) got f***ing pushed back AGAIN! And they candy assed the hell out of the online mode... WHY NINTENDO, WHY?

They're never gonna be good at this whole internet thing.

http://www.petitiononline.com/ssbbwifi/petition.html

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/data/928518.html

My son is VERY upset. This is the one game he's been wanting FOREVER.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 30 2008, 07:46 AM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jan 22 2008, 01:56 PM)
Ok, so SSB3 (Brawl) got f***ing pushed back AGAIN! And they candy assed the hell out of the online mode... WHY NINTENDO, WHY?

They're never gonna be good at this whole internet thing.

http://www.petitiononline.com/ssbbwifi/petition.html

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/data/928518.html

My son is VERY upset. This is the one game he's been wanting FOREVER.

I'm upset aswell.

They always push back these games.

I say just forget about online.

I almost broke my remote yesterday. yes.gif

I was playing super mario Galaxy, and i went to do a long jump, but instead, luigi did a back flip and i died. rage.gif

Then, i was doing the purple coin challange on the dreadnought (my MOST HATED LEVEL OF ALL TIME) and i jumped over an iconming projectile, yet, it still said that it hit me, blew up and knocked me off. rage.gif

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6185448.html

Rock Band confirmed for Wii

EA CEO John Riccitiello confirms that Harmonix's rhythm game will be coming to the Wii. The question is: when?

Last February, an Activision conference call revealed the existence of the Wii edition of Guitar Hero. Though unsurprising, the announcement was welcomed by owners of the still-scarce console looking to embrace their inner Yngwie Malmsteen. Despite a very public disc recall, it was also immensely profitable. The Wii edition of Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock sold over 1.2 million units and generated $110 million in the US alone through December 31, 2007.

Today, a post-earnings-report conference call held by Electronic Arts revealed the existence of a Wii version of Rock Band, developed by Guitar Hero creators Harmonix. Though Rock Band is officially published by MTV Games, EA distributes the game via its EA Partners program, and will apparently do the same with the Wii edition.

"One of the things I'm very proud of is the partnership between Electronic Arts and MTV," said EA CEO John Riccitiello to analysts. "In terms of pacing the next few quarters, you're probably well aware of the more than $2.5 million music downloads that have occurred on Rock Band. What's probably the most interesting pieces right now is the coming launch on the Wii, the continued sale of the core platforms in North America, and then the fiscal '09 launch across Europe against all of the SKU. So, frankly for the balance of our Q4 and the first half of fiscal '09, Rock Band is a key focus." (Emphasis added.)

Riccitiello's comments confirm the existence of the Wii Rock Band and the fact that it will be released in the 12 months after April 1, when EA's 2009 financial year begins. Unfortunately, no other information was made available about the game, and inquiries sent to EA and Harmonix representatives were unanswered as of press time.

I think it would be neat.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Feb 16 2008, 02:41 PM)
QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Feb 14 2008, 09:56 PM)
Super Smash Bros  Brawl.

Who's got/ getting it?

I like how you can also use the gamecube controller.

smile.gif

I did some readin up on it. Good diversity in the controls.

What, can you use four buttons now? tongue.gif I kid, I love Smash Bros. Anyone played No More Heroes yet? I'm seeing really mixed reviews for it, but X-Play gave it a 5 out of 5 so I was wondering.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Feb 16 2008, 02:46 PM)
Super Smash Bros  Brawl.

Who's got/ getting it?

smile.gif

What, can you use four buttons now? tongue.gif I kid, I love Smash Bros. Anyone played No More Heroes yet? I'm seeing really mixed reviews for it, but X-Play gave it a 5 out of 5 so I was wondering.

Besides the four buttons, in case the remote gets too low on batteries, i can switch. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Feb 16 2008, 06:46 PM)
Super Smash Bros  Brawl.

Who's got/ getting it?

smile.gif

I played No More Heroes at my friends house, and it's definitely not a 5/5 for me... the graphics, concept, story, characters, etc. were all really cool.... But the gameplay dragged so much. It was advertised as being all open ended or whatever, but all we could really do was drive around the city to different missions which were secretly all the exact same thing. Kill a bunch of guys in suits who all look identical. Plus a cool boss fight every now and then. I'd say definitely rent or at least try this one out somehow before you buy.

As for SSB, my brother and I bought a reserve for it... now if only it would actually come out laugh.gif

Ah, that's kind of the vibe I got just from watching videos of it. I think the new X-Play caters way more to their advertisers now. I'm not saying they rig the scores, but it feels much more like a show full of advertisements now. Like when they have previews now they're totally jocking the games and not being cynical if something looks like shit.

Picked up SSBB yesterday and started playing a little. I'm sure I would be really into it except I suck at fighting games, so I played for a couple hours then played Burnout on the PS3. But overall, it does look and play good. The stadiums can definitely be a challenge themselves.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Mar 11 2008, 10:48 AM)
I'm a bit disappointed that I don't really dig playing Snake though... his moves are cool, but a bit clunky and slow for me. I guess my favourite newcomer has gotta be Wolf.

That's why i didn't like ganondorf in melee he was so powerful, but so dam slow.

And once you started going into the high difficulties, he got killed.

My ten year old got SSBB the day it came out and we have to PRY the controller out of his hands after an hour or so. He loves it.

Archived