Wii thread

Slime

Holy! ... I had assumed by now that they are easy to find but after reading your questions I looked around a bit and am surprised they still seem to be sold out at lots of places....

Sold out at Circuit City right now, but you can see the price should be about $250 and include the WII Sports game (which is an awesome game - must have).

Circuit City WII

We have different retailers up here in Canada so I can't really tell you who might have them in stock in your area - but stores such as Circuit City, Target, Walmart, EBGames and ToysR'US would carry it for sure.

Good luck finding it - a neat little machine and fun for all ages - honest!

biggrin.gif

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Nov 15 2007, 03:39 PM)
Holy! ... I had assumed by now that they are easy to find but after reading your questions I looked around a bit and am surprised they still seem to be sold out at lots of places....

Sold out at Circuit City right now, but you can see the price should be about $250 and include the WII Sports game (which is an awesome game - must have).

Circuit City WII

We have different retailers up here in Canada so I can't really tell you who might have them in stock in your area - but stores such as Circuit City, Target, Walmart, EBGames and ToysR'US would carry it for sure.

biggrin.gif

Near me Target has some, but Toys R Us alays seems to have them (its a toy store chain near me).

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 15 2007, 04:52 PM)
Holy!  ...  I had assumed by now that they are easy to find but after reading your questions I looked around a bit and am surprised they still seem to be sold out at lots of places....

Circuit City WII

biggrin.gif

Near me Target has some, but Toys R Us alays seems to have them (its a toy store chain near me).

I have those same stores near me...I'll look this weekend and hopefully find one...this way GG can tell Santa where to go. wink.gif

Circuit City WII

biggrin.gif

Yeah, pretty much every place has it here.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 15 2007, 04:56 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 15 2007, 04:52 PM)
Holy!  ...  I had assumed by now that they are easy to find but after reading your questions I looked around a bit and am surprised they still seem to be sold out at lots of places....

Circuit City WII

biggrin.gif

I have those same stores near me...I'll look this weekend and hopefully find one...this way GG can tell Santa where to go. wink.gif

Do you all have the chain "GameStop" near you? Thats another possibility. Also use the phone and call a whole bunch of stores before you go, easier. SOm eof these stores get regular deliveries and can tell you when they come in....

We don't have Game Stop, no.

I'll do some research, but if Santa needs some help, I may be calling on some of you to help with acquisitions. smile.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 15 2007, 04:02 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 15 2007, 05:01 PM)

I'll do some research, but if Santa needs some help, I may be calling on some of you to help with acquisitions. smile.gif

I have a GameStop two minutes down the road. I shall take a ride there tonight. wink.gif

Fabulous! You just might earn a cookie!

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 15 2007, 05:08 PM)

I have a GameStop two minutes down the road. I shall take a ride there tonight. wink.gif

Peanut butter chocolate chip? drool1.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 15 2007, 04:09 PM)

Maybe...

Report back to me, and we'll talk.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 15 2007, 04:12 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 15 2007, 04:09 PM)

Maybe...

Report back to me, and we'll talk.

Looks like I owe someone a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. biggrin.gif

1001 saves the day! He found a Wii at regular price!

bncegrn.gif

What a relief. Santa can relax now. laugh.gif

I have another Wii question or two...

So the console comes with one remote and one nunchuk - what else do we need to ask Santa for? I know there are lots of bells and whistles, but do we need an extra remote AND an extra nunchuk?

Kerry wants Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii, and also the Lego Star Wars Complete Saga game.

Well, depending on how many people will be playing at once, you will need more remotes, up to three more. You may be able to get by with one extra nunchuck.

Sadly, Super Smash Bros Brawl is not due for release until February. Guess you'll have to explain that Santa notified everyone the elves got behind schedule on that game.

The cool thing about the new Lego Star Wars for Wii is that supposedly you can actually use the remote to control your lightsaber. Cool stuff.

Hope he enjoys the Wii. I know my girlfriend and her daughter do as mine is currently at their house. Not sure if I'll ever be able to get it back.

Thanks, guys. smile.gif I guess Kerry can get the SSB game for his b'day, which is in February.

I heard a rumour that Brits are ordering Wiis from France. Not sure how true this is, because I think France runs on a different PAL interface than Britain. I forget the name of it. Anyway, the French Wii may be capable of displaying in a different PAL interface and we know it's capable of displaying 480i or was it 480p? I forget. Not had my Wii out in a bit...

Might be worth looking into if you're stuck for Wiis though smile.gif.

BTW, did anyone hear about Baroque RPG coming out? Looks good!

http://kotaku.com/gaming/atlus/atlus-goes-...on-2-333168.php

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Dec 12 2007, 10:43 AM)
Well, depending on how many people will be playing at once, you will need more remotes, up to three more. You may be able to get by with one extra nunchuck.

Sadly, Super Smash Bros Brawl is not due for release until February. Guess you'll have to explain that Santa notified everyone the elves got behind schedule on that game.

The cool thing about the new Lego Star Wars for Wii is that supposedly you can actually use the remote to control your lightsaber. Cool stuff.

Hope he enjoys the Wii. I know my girlfriend and her daughter do as mine is currently at their house. Not sure if I'll ever be able to get it back.

SSB:

Release according to Wiki: NA February 10, 2008

i do agree aswell on the more controllers and nunchucks. When more people come over, if there is lots of room (hopefully) it does get really fun.

QUOTE (SlackABob @ Dec 28 2007, 09:20 PM)
I just hooked up my Wii system and bowled my first game! (137)

I'm tired as hell now laugh.gif

Sweet! The whole family plays that at my house. Fun!

Ive been just starting to screw around with Madden '08 - FUN.

For the kids, highly reccomend WiiPlay which comes with extra controller...

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 28 2007, 09:33 PM)

I having a blast, but i got knocked the f**k out twice by nephew angry.gif

I'm gonna give the golf a try when i can get this to myself.

QUOTE (SlackABob @ Dec 28 2007, 10:12 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 28 2007, 09:33 PM)

I having a blast, but i got knocked the f**k out twice by nephew angry.gif

I'm gonna give the golf a try when i can get this to myself.

The golf is a blast after the kids go to sleep smile.gif So is bowling... smile.gif

Archived