Bob Barker set to retire

anagramking

For my entire TV watching life, the Price is Right has been on the air with Bob Barker as host. During my childhood, I would watch the show during summer vacation nearly every morning. I would later rediscover it when trading at the CBOE. For each showcase, we would each bet a dollar to see who could guess the closest price without going over. (Anyone who got the exact price got paid double the bet. Yes, it did happen a number of times.) He was definitely quite the consummate professional as host of the show.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061031/D8L3SRLG1.html

A family relation of mine was on the show back in the 70's. With help from her father in law, she won both showcases! Gave him a toaster oven or something - caused a big family rift.

Bob Barker destroyed my family!

angry.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 31 2006, 09:01 PM)
F Bob Barker. He should have quit when Johnny Olsen died, just like Led Zep stopped when Bonham died.

Once the three longtime models left the show, it wasn't the same. They were all on the show for years. I was thinking when they left the show, that was when to hang it up. (Well, that was not a good chapter in the show's history, all that legal stuff that followed.)

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 31 2006, 05:37 PM)
QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Oct 31 2006, 06:32 PM)
That's old news. He announced that a few weeks ago on the show. unsure.gif

Maybe it was announced on the show a few weeks ago, but it wasn't announced here until now. This is the first I've heard of it so it's not old news to me. biggrin.gif

Yeah reporters are slow. laugh.gif unsure.gif

holy crap!! bob barker is still alive.????????

unsure.gif

I've always hated the "Price is Right" gameshow. As gameshows go, I think it's pretty lame.

"The price is wrong, bitch!"

Dennis Miller on Bob Barker's white hair: "He makes Edgar Winter look like Gabriella Sabatini."

i used to like him,

till he sucker punched Happy on the golf course angry.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Nov 2 2006, 05:52 PM)
i used to like him,
till he sucker punched Happy on the golf course angry.gif

"The price is wrong, bitch."

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Oct 31 2006, 08:03 PM)
Wow is it really like the show is? Do you really win all that stuff or is that all just tv? I always wondered about that. unsure.gif

You really get the stuff. The trick is, it's all taxable. Win big, pay big. Selling off the prizes is one strategy.

QUOTE (goose @ Nov 4 2006, 01:27 AM)
QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Oct 31 2006, 08:03 PM)
Wow is it really like the show is? Do you really win all that stuff or is that all just tv? I always wondered about that. unsure.gif

You really get the stuff. The trick is, it's all taxable. Win big, pay big. Selling off the prizes is one strategy.

I used to work with a woman who won a car on the show. She said she kissed Bob when she got up on that stage, too.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 5 2006, 05:59 PM)
Never heard of him...

tongue.gif

eyesre4.gif

I want to go see him live on the show before he retires. Maybe over winter break when I go to Disneyland.