2112 sightings

barney_rebel

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 19 2004, 01:08 PM)
I found the Japanese characters for '2112'. Could make a cool avatar or sig pic. Get 'em while they're hot!

http://web.mit.edu/jpnet/ji/gifs/200x200/2112.gif

Or a tattoo. . . . doh.gif Didn't read far enough into the thread before I posted, again.

I saw a commercial once that was selling some product... I think a Roomba vacuum or something, and the last 4 of the 800 number was 2112. Not as cool as some of the others, but I was still happy when I saw it biggrin.gif

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking through a catalog at work the other day for protective gear, there were fire-resistant coveralls in there that said it meets something something 2112 standards. Can't remember what the standard was called but it had 2112 in it! wink.gif

QUOTE (yyz @ Dec 3 2004, 11:58 PM)
National Geographic. They were showing things of the titanic and how it would look in 2112. That was pretty cool.

Think someone at NG is a Rush-ian and they deliberately chose 2112!

Nah.....

2.gif

I had a friend who bought a house at 2112 Garfield Avenue in West Lawn, PA. We had many good times there. Unfortunately he had to sell the place and I didn't have the money to buy it. fists crying.gif Now some non-Rush fans live there. doh.gif

Turned on CPTV (Hartford, CT) public TV station, and they were having a fund drive showing the TSO Christmas DVD. The last four digits of the 800 number to call is 2112. Maybe I should email them to do a fund raiser while showing RIR.

QUOTE (Big T @ Dec 5 2004, 06:37 PM)
Turned on CPTV (Hartford, CT) public TV station, and they were having a fund drive showing the TSO Christmas DVD. The last four digits of the 800 number to call is 2112. Maybe I should email them to do a fund raiser while showing RIR.

from CT?

me too trink38.gif

QUOTE (GhostRyder @ Nov 22 2004, 11:03 PM)
My dad tried to change our phone number to 2112 but it was already taken and we have to deal with 2412. Still pretty cool of him to try though...

my girlfriends's daughter has a cell phone, and the last four digits are 2112....

i wish i could trade her phone #'s......

Well today i had a Rush sighting, not a 2112 sighting i thought the word Flush looked like Rush but it actually said Flush. I guess i was thinking about Rush while i was in a meeting. trink39.gif

Two days ago a teacher I work with gave me his phone number, and the last four digits were 2112.

I told him about the album 2112 and about Rush. He said he was familiar with 2112, but not particularly fond of it. Moving Pictures, on the other hand, he went on, was a great album.

2.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ Nov 21 2004, 12:59 AM)
QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 21 2004, 12:22 AM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Nov 20 2004, 10:19 PM)
So...does your car drive better now, Kazz?

If my Red wanna-be Barchetta would hold that much gas, I would put that much in on purpose every time.

"Hi, I'd like $21.12 on pump 2, please.  smile.gif"

That's not a bad Idea! I'm gonna do it tomorrow! Not a problem holding it here, since the cheap stuff is almost $2.50 a gallon.

wow, I only paid $1.85 too...

1.85 a gallon?

That was how long ago?

its what 3.50 now.....

wow...

The score of my volleyball game was 2112 as I rotated to serve....

except it was

12 serving 21.... sad.gif

Well, my volleyball games makes up for yours ^, as the score was 21-12 written the right way at mine yesterday. I had just roatated out (I don't play back row) and they put up the point to make it 21 and I waved at my dad all the way up on the bleachers and pointed up to the score to make sure he noticed. Im sure alot of people thought I was crazy, but I had to make sure someone else noticed.

Not really a 2112 sighting, considering we made this happen, but my winter volleyball team's name was Rush, so me and my friend decided to get #s 21 and 12. I got 21 b/c I played middle for that team, and she played weak side, so when we would block the other teams outside hitters, from the back our numbers would read 2112.

QUOTE (Lerxstforever @ Sep 9 2005, 07:11 PM)
Well, my volleyball games makes up for yours ^, as the score was 21-12 written the right way at mine yesterday. I had just roatated out (I don't play back row) and they put up the point to make it 21 and I waved at my dad all the way up on the bleachers and pointed up to the score to make sure he noticed. Im sure alot of people thought I was crazy, but I had to make sure someone else noticed.

Not really a 2112 sighting, considering we made this happen, but my winter volleyball team's name was Rush, so me and my friend decided to get #s 21 and 12. I got 21 b/c I played middle for that team, and she played weak side, so when we would block the other teams outside hitters, from the back our numbers would read 2112.

Our outside hitter has a big nose....

We almost had "geddy" as our code name for a "4 ball"

laugh.gif

I print diplomas for a living and there have been a few times where i'd finish one job and wind up with 21 diplomas and then the next job would have 12. I never notice it while it happens, but at the end of the day when i add up my production sheet, it always hits me. I have always shown people in the know when it occurs. I think it's happened about three or four times in seven years of diploma printing.

Really obscure 2112 sighting-

In a TV series call Wiseguy, filmed in the 80's, the second season entitled "Mel Proffit" (Starring Kevin Spacey as Proffit, Kevin Wahl, Jonathan Banks and Joan Severance) ends with the death of one of the main characters. In the second to last episode (perhaps 3rd to last) the hotel room where the Proffits lived was numbered 2112. My parents are huge fans of this show and when I watched this episode with them I flipped, yelling- "HA, my first 2112 sighting!".

Ah, another amusing anecdote- One of my closest friends just moved back to his home state. He really hated Rush, I don't know why. Anyway he loved to insult them, just to annoy me. But I guess what goes around comes around because his new phone number happends to end in 2112.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 19 2004, 12:35 PM)
I'll keep an eye out for 2112 addresses and let you know what I find. That does remind me of this road I pass every day on the way to work that fits my sense of humor perfectly.

The name of this road is Memory Lane. AND IT'S A DEAD END. laugh.gif

I have to take a picture of it next week and post it. It's downright poetic I tell ya. POETIC!!

Damn, that's awesome. Take a real nice hi-res picture and I'll use it in the artwork for my next album.

Archived