2006 MLB Playoffs

Test4VitalSigns

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 6 2006, 09:49 PM)
kenny rodgers ! wow, quite simply one of the most brilliant pitching performances i have ever seen ! yes.gif now the bullpen must get 4 more outs.

Yes, a phenomenal outing. Made several top-notch pro's look very silly. By the way, he did a great job keeping his cool on that last no-call strike-out - with the help of great managing.

This win for the Tigers should give them all the confidence they need the rest of the way. Their pitching staff shut down the best lineup of my lifetime. I will say that it will be harder for the Tigers to score runs the rest of the way, however. The Achilles' heel for the Yanks was their pitching. The series with the A's should be a good one, because the real strength of the A's is their pitching staff. (As great a book as Money Ball was, I wish they talked about how they evaluate pitchers.)

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 7 2006, 01:56 PM)
The Angels would be total morons to go for that deal wacko.gif

I think the Yanks are stuck with him 'til that contract runs out.

I think there is going to be a very concerted effort to trade him this winter. It is clear that A-Rod is miserable in pinstripes, and it is clear that the Yankees are better off without him. Both sides absolutely want a deal to happen. I am sure of that. The Yankees will definitely have to eat a portion of his contract to get the deal done, though.

QUOTE (BSG @ Oct 7 2006, 07:38 PM)
No matter what the Tigers do the rest of the year, there's not much sweeter than eliminating THOSE DAMN YANKEES!!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/bsg2112/DET_776.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/bsg2112/DetroitTigersD.jpg

very nice BSG!!!

it was a great day in D-Town yesterday....

we spanked the yanks!!

the wolverines beat the spartans....

the red wings beat pittsburg...

man! it was a good day!!!

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Oct 8 2006, 06:16 AM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Oct 7 2006, 07:38 PM)
No matter what the Tigers do the rest of the year, there's not much sweeter than eliminating THOSE DAMN YANKEES!!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/bsg2112/DET_776.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/bsg2112/DetroitTigersD.jpg

very nice BSG!!!

it was a great day in D-Town yesterday....

we spanked the yanks!!

the wolverines beat the spartans....

the red wings beat pittsburg...

man! it was a good day!!!

Hey Ladi!

I have to agree with you!

I am an Oakland A's Fanatic with season tickets. I will be there for the first two in Oakland.

I am soooooooooooo happy that the TIGERS beat those lousy overrated Spankees!!

We may have home field advantage but hey the Tigers have "heart" big time. I thought the A's were going to be the Underdog this year!

I have no ill will towards the Tigers at all!!

May the best team win!!!!

Who would have thought that the A's and Tigers would be in the ALCS? I really hate the East Coast Bias and I bet the Network is totally pissed off that the "Tank"ees are out of it!!

I LOVE IT!!!

Jason Giambi is a scrub now. He took the money and ran to New York to become ringless and a benchwarmer.

Beautiful!!!

Bonderman was an A's product. Scares me. Kenny Rogers owns the A's and his record pitching at the Oakland Coliseum is like 24-3 lifetime. Yeah, I am nervous, not cocky!!!

Baseball rules!!!

Hey, it's all I have left this year. The Raiders are DONE! Disgusting!

Warriors?? Don Nelson is back but really, big deal.

Sharks?? Very good!! Playoffs for sure, but will fail!!

Take Care

Earl

i'm one of those kind of fans that is happy that the tigers have made it this far....

it's been a very long time.......

lets hope they keep up the good work!!

but whatever happens....i'm just glad they did so well thus far!!!

I'll root for anyone but Oakland now. But I like how all four of these teams have their own identities and interesting histories.

I know everyone's doing a happy dance now that the Yankees have been eliminated, but - I can't help it - I'm from upstate New York; we're Yankee fans around here! (And admit it - you only hate them because they're so good!)

Archived