2006 MLB Playoffs

Test4VitalSigns

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (anagramking @ Oct 23 2006, 06:27 PM)
I remember in the 1988 NLCS when Dodger reliever Jay Howell was ejected for having pine tar. It was pouring at Shea, and he had pine tar on the bill of his hat. It was too obvious to any viewer.

McCarver mentioned that Steve Carlton was ordered to wash his hands before the 8th inning of a game in the 1980 Series.

The opposing manager (Davey Johnson I presumed) asked for inspection I bet.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Oct 23 2006, 02:27 PM)
I remember in the 1988 NLCS when Dodger reliever Jay Howell was ejected for having pine tar.  It was pouring at Shea, and he had pine tar on the bill of his hat.  It was too obvious to any viewer. 

McCarver mentioned that Steve Carlton was ordered to wash his hands before the 8th inning of a game in the 1980 Series.

Oh yes, I remember the Jay Howell incident. Thanks for bringing that up AGK trink39.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 23 2006, 05:40 PM)
I remember in the 1988 NLCS when Dodger reliever Jay Howell was ejected for having pine tar.  It was pouring at Shea, and he had pine tar on the bill of his hat.  It was too obvious to any viewer. 

I'm not sure how it happened. The bill on his cap was pretty obvious, though. It's possible that the ump caught it without prompting from Davey Johnson.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Oct 23 2006, 02:47 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 23 2006, 05:40 PM)

I'm not sure how it happened. The bill on his cap was pretty obvious, though. It's possible that the ump caught it without prompting from Davey Johnson.

Too bad he didn't just ask him to go wash his hands unsure.gif laugh.gif

did leyland give a reason as to why he used verlander for game 1 and robertson for game three? didnt they have enough rest after the sweep of the A's to have rogers or bonderman pitching games 1, 4 and 7 and the other pitching 3 and 6? there definitely the better pair of pitchers.

now you have games 1, 3 and 7 in the hand of an inexperienced rookie that has struggled since the all star break? if there isnt a reason for this, that is crazy!

QUOTE (Raider917 @ Oct 24 2006, 04:15 PM)
did leyland give a reason as to why he used verlander for game 1 and robertson for game three? didnt they have enough rest after the sweep of the A's to have rogers or bonderman pitching games 1, 4 and 7 and the other pitching 3 and 6? there definitely the better pair of pitchers.

now you have games 1, 3 and 7 in the hand of an inexperienced rookie that has struggled since the all star break? if there isnt a reason for this, that is crazy!

Leyland said he wanted Rogers to pitch at home for games 2 and 6

QUOTE (Raider917 @ Oct 24 2006, 12:15 PM)
did leyland give a reason as to why he used verlander for game 1 and robertson for game three? didnt they have enough rest after the sweep of the A's to have rogers or bonderman  pitching games  1, 4 and 7 and the other pitching 3 and 6? there definitely the better pair of pitchers.

I heard something the other day that he wanted Rogers for game 6 or 7 if the series went back to Detroit.

QUOTE (troutman @ Oct 24 2006, 06:40 PM)
2-0 Cards in the 4th

same score now in the 7th

applaudit.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Oct 24 2006, 08:40 PM)
Birds beat Cats 5-0 tonight tongue.gif It is a long series though trink39.gif

indeed. hopefully the cards can pull out a few more wins.

Arrrrrrgh!

Our hitters aren't hitting, our pitchers are committing errors, I swear it's the curse of being called such big favorites.

Hello sports writers, the Cards didn't get here by sheer luck. They've got the MVP and a Cy Young-er.

(Deep breath.................)

Ok, the Tig's bring out Bonderman tomorrow, the middle of the lineup can NOT continue their slump, and Leyland will shake 'em up and motivate them appropriately.

I think he'll probably shake up the lineup, or maybe "tweak" is a better word.

OMG! HE THREW IT TO THIRD!!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

(Gonna have nightmares about Zumaya's error for a while now.)

Is Granderson really a leadoff hitter? Man that guy strikes out a lot. And why is Polanco batting third? Does that make any sense at all?Something just doesn't seem right with the Tigers. It's like they forgot how they got there in the first place. The Tigers definitely have no room for error now. They have to avoid facing Carpenter in Game 7.

Archived