2006 MLB Playoffs

Test4VitalSigns

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Oct 4 2006, 03:35 AM)
No big surprises yesterday, with wins from the favored teams: Yankees, A's, and Cards.

We'll see how the Mets do now that both Pedro and El Duque are out. Shame. The Mets had such a good season.

I wish the A's were a "favored" team. Actually I am glad my A's are the UNDERDOG.

Everybody in the country including those East Coast Bias Bastards John Miller and Joe Morgan thought we would lose Game 1.

Then we win Game 2, and the only thing these morons will talk about is that the A's can't finish. 0-9 in ALDS clinching games. True this Curse hurts. We also just lost Mark Ellis to a broken finger.

Could the Curse continue, or will it be snapped tomorrow??

I use the word "we" because I am a season ticket holder and I will be there tomorrow in all my A's gear, Saturday if necessary.

I bleed Green and Gold and I really hope we can finish this time.

The A's had a 2-0 Game lead against the Red Sox and Yankees, and lost 3 in a row both times to fail. We also choked against the Yankees and the Twins in Game 5.

I won't be able to handle failure again. If we lose tomorrow, the Twins are going to send Santana out on three days rest to get the Series back to the Cement Toilet in Minnesota!!

Fingers crossed!

GO A'S!!! GO TIGERS!

YANKEES SUCK!!!

QUOTE (goose @ Oct 4 2006, 09:49 PM)
Hoping for a 4th game in the Oakland Minnesota series. Me & my buddies have a road trip planned!

Sorry Goose. I have to hope against you.

I want to end it tomorrow!!! I want this Curse to END!!

It's driving me crazy and affecting my health!! (just kidding) But my blood pressure is going to go through the roof if we can't finish again!!

Sincerely,

Billy Beane

Cards are up 2-0 after a couple of bad plays by the Padres. Wells is pitching well, though.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 5 2006, 03:12 PM)
QUOTE (goose @ Oct 4 2006, 09:49 PM)
Hoping for a 4th game in the Oakland Minnesota series. Me & my buddies have a road trip planned!

Sorry Goose. I have to hope against you.

I want to end it tomorrow!!! I want this Curse to END!!

It's driving me crazy and affecting my health!! (just kidding) But my blood pressure is going to go through the roof if we can't finish again!!

Sincerely,

Billy Beane

I'm rooting for the A's (I live just over the Sierras), but i'd like to be there when it happens!

kenny rodgers ! wow, quite simply one of the most brilliant pitching performances i have ever seen ! yes.gif now the bullpen must get 4 more outs.

Seems like I've been totally wrong so far at predicting this. I certainly never expected the Motor City Kitties to come back with such command. But I am pleased. The hated Yankees could go another year in the new millenium without a championship. Poetic justice.

Ya suppose that 80 years down the road, they will call it 'The Curse of the A-Rod'? I know, I know. He didn't join the team until '04 so you shouldn't blame him. But everyone knows it's the only reason he joined the Yankees, intending to easily get a championship and vault his status to legendary.

Well, he is definitely establishing a legend: The greatest baseball player to repeatedly choke in the postseason.

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Oct 7 2006, 05:25 AM)
Seems like I've been totally wrong so far at predicting this. I certainly never expected the Motor City Kitties to come back with such command. But I am pleased. The hated Yankees could go another year in the new millenium without a championship. Poetic justice.

Ya suppose that 80 years down the road, they will call it 'The Curse of the A-Rod'? I know, I know. He didn't join the team until '04 so you shouldn't blame him. But everyone knows it's the only reason he joined the Yankees, intending to easily get a championship and vault his status to legendary.

Well, he is definitely establishing a legend: The greatest baseball player to repeatedly choke in the postseason.

lets not get crazy, there not out yet. they can win today very easily, i hope they dont but i wont celebrate yet.

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 7 2006, 04:23 AM)
QUOTE (Arndrake @ Oct 7 2006, 05:25 AM)

lets not get crazy, there not out yet. they can win today very easily, i hope they dont but i wont celebrate yet.

That's why I said 'could go another year.' I know it isn't over yet.

I think the Yankees will deal A-Rod if they don't win a title. The rumored deal has been that he goes to the Angels for Figgins, Shields, Ervin Santana, and prospects.

I posted a link to the SI article about A-Rod in the MLB thread. Go check it out if you haven't already.

Archived