R. uling U. nder S. atan's H. ands

RUSHHEAD666

There's really a lot of great posting going on in this thread, and it's nice to know that there's a few more people like me around here!

I can really understand what some of you are talking about Christian music. While I respect and admire the fact that these people are out there doing their thing, it just doesn't appeal to me at all.

I like one Christian band, and that is Third Day. If there is anyone out there who knows about these guys, they are really special. I would describe them as a Christian Pearl Jam without the harder edge vocally.

Does that even make sense? Anyways, if anyone is interested they are a really good rock band with a fantastic message.

I understand where a lot of you are coming from though, you can only listen to so much music about the exact same thing. That's not to say that religious music is bad or thoughtless, its just that tastewise, I can't take very much of it.

QUOTE (Goobertastic @ Sep 21 2006, 08:44 PM)
Thank you for sharing, Rushman666. You just made me decide to get a RUSH tattoo. Probably the Star Man design.

Hey Goobertastic!

I am flattered!!

That is awesome!!

I have no tattoos on my body but I have always said that if I ever get one it will be the STARMAN on my right shoulder!

I was down at Petco Park for the Oakland A's V. Padres series in beautiful San Diego this summer. I took the family down there for a nice one week vacation and caught all three games.

Anyway, my family and I are standing out by center field at the day game, and there were a bunch of A's fans there. Unreal to be honest.

Well I am standing next to this stranger who was wearing all of his A's gear like me. We start talking about the A's and stuff, and to be honest I have no idea how the hell I brought up RUSH but I did.

This dude turned to me and said: "You love Rush dude!!! Check this out!!!"

Sure enough this guy lifted up his short sleeve A's shirt, and there it was, a giant STARMAN TATTOO!!

I was very surprised!!

A frigging A's fan in San Diego with a STARMAN TATTOO?

GO FIGURE!!!

Forget the RAIDER NATION!

We have the RUSH NATION!!

Actually it should be the RUSH WORLD!!!!

2.gif RULES!

"Half the World loves RUSH while the other half has no clue!"

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 21 2006, 10:02 PM)
I can't stand Christian Music.
I finally stopped buying Neal Morse solo cds because it is way too much. Even though Mike Portnoy drums on the records, I did not buy the last one. Enough is enough.

I still have all my Spock's Beard cds though!

Spock's Beard cds yes.gif

Neil Morse solo works.. wacko.gif

I love Neil Morse, but his solo stuff is a bit too religious for me, all I'm saying. I'm agnostic for those who are curious.

However, if you're a christian reading this, you absolutely have no excuse not to get some of Neil's solo work starting with Testimony - has got to be some of the best christian music out there.

In the same vein, I disagree with a previous poster more or less saying all christian music is crap. It *used* to all be crap, but that's not true anymore, you just have to dig a bit.

RUSH can also mean being in a hurry or speeding fast too. Doesn't have to have a satanic meaning like all these people lead you to believe. People told me in the old days that music was Satan's messages to the kids. I don't believe that at all. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Edge of Traction @ Sep 22 2006, 03:00 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 21 2006, 11:02 PM)

"You're not making Jesus better, you're making rock n' roll worse."-Hank Hill

laugh.gif

I agree with that statement, although I have a soft spot for Jesus Christ Superstar.

"What's the buzz? Tell me what's happening.

What's the buzz? Tell me what's a-happening..."

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 22 2006, 03:12 PM)
QUOTE (Edge of Traction @ Sep 22 2006, 03:00 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 21 2006, 11:02 PM)

"You're not making Jesus better, you're making rock n' roll worse."-Hank Hill

laugh.gif

I agree with that statement, although I have a soft spot for Jesus Christ Superstar.

"What's the buzz? Tell me what's happening.

What's the buzz? Tell me what's a-happening..."

Yeah it's Lloyd Webber's only good musical. Ian Gillan was fantastic on the original album...

QUOTE (Inkanta @ Sep 21 2006, 07:46 PM)
QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Sep 21 2006, 07:18 PM)
2112 is not satanic. Its not a pentagram. They would have to turn the star completly up side down for it to be a pentagram.

Actually, as a Wiccan person, it is my understanding that pointing down would represent a Satanist belief system. A Wiccan/earth-based related pentagram or pentacle points up. The five points represent earth, air, fire, and water with the upward point representing spirit. The Wiccan traditions with which I am familiar do not acknowledge a devil or Satan. Satan is a Christian construct. smile.gif

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

Hey kids! I found this old thread thanks to the Street Preacher thread!

OK so yeah, RUSH stands for RULING UNDER SATAN'S HANDS!!

But I am sure you can all see the profile of the DEVIL in the STARMAN's back.

It's clearer than starlight.

Then i listen to satanic music? I can deal with it

Btw, of course if you put music backwards you will listen to HSKEVEUEBDIDBSHSATANJDLWBSUSNSJ but what the hell, you will listen APPLE too

And why would someone listens music backwards?

Even if, i don't find any of us turned into lovers of Satan or killing people.

Now excuse me while i'm on my ritual for calling Cerberus

Well, the way I see it is very simply that people are going to see what they want to see, and believe what they want to believe, no matter how compelling the counter-argument and no matter who that counter-argument comes from. Even if the band themselves deny it, you will still have people who will say they are not being honest/telling the truth.

You will never make "the masses" happy, so you just have to do what makes you happy, and I think Rush has taken that approach. :)

PS: I read an article somewhere when Neil was being asked about all that Satanic crap that people have thought about over the years. Neil pretty much said it was all nonsense!

It's all part of the plan...and you fell for it!

Here, let Dan Fogelberg explain...

Contemporary Christian music focuses more on lyrics, and less on melody. The only Contemporary Christian artist that I really like is a fella from Texas named David Crowder. He puts on one hell of a......a mean "heck" of a show. No, he doesn't rival Rush (who does??) but I really dig the guy. Now, if you're unfamiliar with him, note that I never said he "sounds like Rush". He doesn't even come close. I still like him, though.

Glad this thread has been non-argumentative for awhile.

Clem

The irony is that all of the people I know who enjoy RUSH - myself included - are perplexed by the notion that RUSH are fascists, Satanists or whatever ridiculous tag has been pinned to the band over the years ... The fans - the people who know and can relate to the music - see none of this ..

It is the people who are obsessed with negativity that can find these things in anything - most likely because they themselves are consumed with dealing with their own demons .. The face they are attempting to show the public is always a mask, and the frightening thing is that they know it is a mask - that's what makes them even more vocal

Contemporary Christian music focuses more on lyrics, and less on melody. The only Contemporary Christian artist that I really like is a fella from Texas named David Crowder. He puts on one hell of a......a mean "heck" of a show. No, he doesn't rival Rush (who does??) but I really dig the guy. Now, if you're unfamiliar with him, note that I never said he "sounds like Rush". He doesn't even come close. I still like him, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzmWMZY2-xc

Rez Band :haz: :haz: :haz:

...and...

Petra :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Edited by goose