Comments from Neil's website in June

treeduck

Do you believe in Neil's positive take on the new material?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in Neil's positive take on the new material?

• Yes, he wouldn't write it down if he didn't mean it...
    • No, muscians are always in love with their current projects
    • I think so, I'm crossing my fingers...
    • It's just gonna be another typical Rush album
    • You bet!! I really have a gut feeling about this album
    • I doubt it but I hope so
    • I think he's talking it down, man it's gonna be BETTER!!!!!!!
    • I don't have a clue, I'm just here for social reasons
    • There's no way to be sure but I believe this will be their last
    • I didn't read this where's the link?
    • I don't care I'm only here now because I love (insert name)
    • I've thought a lot about it but I can't make up my mind

QUOTE (daveyt @ Sep 8 2006, 10:20 PM)
"Do you believe in Neil's positive take on the new material?"

do you think neil gives a f**k?

no.gif

tongue.gif

Of course he doesn't davey but he's also not gonna be sitting holding your hand while you listen to it either and neither of things will make any difference anyway the album will be whatever it will be...

I think maybe you think I'm being negative but I'm not I'm just asking the question, so don't shoot the messenger!!!

ph34r.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Sep 8 2006, 11:05 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 8 2006, 10:59 PM)
I'm sure Neil will ask this question or has asked questions like it of himself many times. It's like you know you're sane if you sometimes question your sanity...

eh.gif

Cheer up Davey in a few days this thread will be a distant memory to you and everything will be right again in Davey World...

wink.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 8 2006, 11:08 PM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Sep 8 2006, 11:05 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 8 2006, 10:59 PM)
I'm sure Neil will ask this question or has asked questions like it of himself many times. It's like you know you're sane if you sometimes question your sanity...

eh.gif

Cheer up Davey in a few SECONDS this thread will be a distant memory to you and everything will be right again in Davey World...

wink.gif

AHHH trink38.gif

The members of RUSH will always have a biased opinion on 2.gif

What would ya expect? Neil to say"Well were in trouble the new album lacks focus and direction, I just want to get it over with" tongue.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Sep 9 2006, 01:47 AM)
The members of RUSH will always have a biased opinion on 2.gif
What would ya expect? Neil to say"Well were in trouble the new album lacks focus and direction, I just want to get it over with" tongue.gif

YES!!! You mind reading freak!!! How did you know???

(Pablo take note this is an example of exaggerated sarcasm)

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 9 2006, 02:21 AM)
QUOTE (softfilter @ Sep 9 2006, 01:47 AM)
The members of RUSH will always have a biased opinion on  2.gif
What would ya expect? Neil to say"Well were in trouble the new album lacks focus and direction, I just want to get it over with"  tongue.gif

YES!!! You mind reading freak!!! How did you know???

(Pablo take note this is an example of exaggerated sarcasm)

biggrin.gif

Indeed,it's my job to point out the obvious to the oblivious. laugh.gif

Have you met my assistant Don Rickles. pokey.gif

One thing's for sure; just because Neil is excited it doesn't mean we will be when we hear it. Nevertheless, due to his upbeat comments I'm optimistic. They've never done anything I didn't like anyway though there were a couple that had to grow on me.

So all in all, I'm really looking foreward to the new album. I love VT and think that this next one will be a slight evolution on that one like most of the other albums have been evolutions of their predecessors.

Did anyone else ever get the impression that Neil is, at times, self critical and oh...I don't know a bit of a perfectionist?

This new stuff must be something else if Neil is praising it already.

It's very subjective of course. (nuh)

I'll trust Neil on this one. wink.gif

Then again he likes Madonna, don't know if he can be trusted! smile.gif Kid...I kid

I believe Neil believes it.

I do think any artist will talk up their current project, but I have a gut feeling.

I think VT exorcised a lot of demons, and the Feedback and R30 experience reminded them, I suspect, of their roots and taught them to enjoy music again.

VT was recorded behind a veil of expectation on the back of tragedy and a long lay off, this is being recorded after a hugely successful tour and a long rest.

I also have faith in the production/engineering team (assuming they'll be confirmed), I've no doubt the boys are pumped to make good music, and with a skilled producer to guide them and a good engineer to optimise the sound.............BRING IT ON....eventually!!!!.

I still stand by my sig, I'm afraid.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

I think it will be an album they like. Thats why they do what they do.

If you are hoping for a pop album, one the masses will all like, they aleady did that. It was called Moving Pictures. And we know what they did after that album came out.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Sep 9 2006, 07:09 PM)
I believe Neil believes it.

I do think any artist will talk up their current project, but I have a gut feeling.

I think VT exorcised a lot of demons, and the Feedback and R30 experience reminded them, I suspect, of their roots and taught them to enjoy music again.

VT was recorded behind a veil of expectation on the back of tragedy and a long lay off, this is being recorded after a hugely successful tour and a long rest.

I also have faith in the production/engineering team (assuming they'll be confirmed), I've no doubt the boys are pumped to make good music, and with a skilled producer to guide them and a good engineer to optimise the sound.............BRING IT ON....eventually!!!!.

I still stand by my sig, I'm afraid.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Why May 29th? That's another 9 months!! If they only release it then the tour won't begin till July or maybe August, that means they'll have to go touring Europe well into 2008 any extra places will make this tour won't end till 2009... That doesn't sound like a great plan...

QUOTE (Hi_Jinx @ Sep 9 2006, 07:10 PM)
I think it will be an album they like. Thats why they do what they do.

If you are hoping for a pop album, one the masses will all like, they aleady did that. It was called Moving Pictures. And we know what they did after that album came out.

The "masses" might have liked it but it wasn't a pop album, Roll the Bones is nearer to that description but even that is inaccurate. Moving Pictures sold so well because of the success of their previous albums and the gradual build up of their fan base.

Archived