Comments from Neil's website in June

treeduck

Do you believe in Neil's positive take on the new material?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in Neil's positive take on the new material?

• Yes, he wouldn't write it down if he didn't mean it...
    • No, muscians are always in love with their current projects
    • I think so, I'm crossing my fingers...
    • It's just gonna be another typical Rush album
    • You bet!! I really have a gut feeling about this album
    • I doubt it but I hope so
    • I think he's talking it down, man it's gonna be BETTER!!!!!!!
    • I don't have a clue, I'm just here for social reasons
    • There's no way to be sure but I believe this will be their last
    • I didn't read this where's the link?
    • I don't care I'm only here now because I love (insert name)
    • I've thought a lot about it but I can't make up my mind

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 9 2006, 08:16 PM)
QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Sep 9 2006, 07:09 PM)
I believe Neil believes it.

I do think any artist will talk up their current project, but I have a gut feeling.

I think VT exorcised a lot of demons, and the Feedback and R30 experience reminded them, I suspect, of their roots and taught them to enjoy music again.

VT was recorded behind a veil of expectation on the back of tragedy and a long lay off, this is being recorded after a hugely successful tour and a long rest.

I also have faith in the production/engineering team (assuming they'll be confirmed), I've no doubt the boys are pumped to make good music, and with a skilled producer to guide them and a good engineer to optimise the sound.............BRING IT ON....eventually!!!!.

I still stand by my sig, I'm afraid.

2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif

Why May 29th? That's another 9 months!! If they only release it then the tour won't begin till July or maybe August, that means they'll have to go touring Europe well into 2008 any extra places will make this tour won't end till 2009... That doesn't sound like a great plan...

2009? Assuming a May 2007 release and a tour following a month or so later (VT was released on May 14 and the tour started June 28), a 2009 conclusion puts the boys on the road for over 18 months and they haven't done that for a very long time. And with Neil not wanting marathon tours anymore, I don't think that will happen.

With R30 they were on the road from May 26- October 1 and that included a European tour. So, I'd say the tour will last until early in 2008. If they decide to add some more exotic locales to the tour, tack on another couple of months maximum.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Sep 9 2006, 07:28 PM)

I do think any artist will talk up their current project, but I have a gut feeling.

I think VT exorcised a lot of demons, and the Feedback and R30 experience reminded them, I suspect, of their roots and taught them to enjoy music again.

VT was recorded behind a veil of expectation on the back of tragedy and a long lay off, this is being recorded after a hugely successful tour and a long rest.

I also have faith in the production/engineering team (assuming they'll be confirmed), I've no doubt the boys are pumped to make good music, and with a skilled producer to guide them and a good engineer to optimise the sound.............BRING IT ON....eventually!!!!.

Why May 29th? That's another 9 months!! If they only release it then the tour won't begin till July or maybe August, that means they'll have to go touring Europe well into 2008 any extra places will make this tour won't end till 2009... That doesn't sound like a great plan...

2009? Assuming a May 2007 release and a tour following a month or so later (VT was released on May 14 and the tour started June 28), a 2009 conclusion puts the boys on the road for over 18 months and they haven't done that for a very long time. And with Neil not wanting marathon tours anymore, I don't think that will happen.

With R30 they were on the road from May 26- October 1 and that included a European tour. So, I'd say the tour will last until early in 2008. If they decide to add some more exotic locales to the tour, tack on another couple of months maximum.

So you're saying a May 29th release date too?

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 9 2006, 08:31 PM)

No, but if the assumption is made that the tour will last into 2009, the release date would have to be a mid to late year release for the 2009 conclusion to even be remotely possible.

It's just my opinion, but I think Madra's prediction is close. I'd love to see a new release late this year or early next, but I just don't think it will happen because the boys seem to work very slowly now. Best case scenario, imo, is a February release, worst case would be a June/July release. But thats just my 2 cents trink39.gif

edit: but isn't it fun to be speculating again about a new tour??? 653.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Sep 9 2006, 07:36 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 9 2006, 08:31 PM)

No, but if the assumption is made that the tour will last into 2009, the release date would have to be a mid to late year release for the 2009 conclusion to even be remotely possible.

It's just my opinion, but I think Madra's prediction is close. I'd love to see a new release late this year or early next, but I just don't think it will happen because the boys seem to work very slowly now. Best case scenario, imo, is a February release, worst case would be a June/July release. But thats just my 2 cents trink39.gif

edit: but isn't it fun to be speculating again about a new tour??? 653.gif

Yeah it's fun and I say late Feb/early March (just in time for my birthday)

boarder.gif

Archived