• Presto
    • Roll The Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Different Stages
    • Vapour Trails
    • Feedback
    • Compilation (Archive, etc)

Ok, I'll probably get a bunch of sour looks but Feedback was my actual first purchase. I took my sister to R30 for her birthday, it was my first Rush concert and I bought the ep because I loved their covers of Buffalo Springfield. It took me a few more years but Grace Under Pressure was the one that got me into the band. Then I spent a couple of months tracking them all down and listening to see what I had missed. Glad I saw them 3 times in concert, I learned to like a bunch of songs from the tours.
  • Like 2

2112, which was also one of the first few albums I ever bought. I quickly followed it up with Clockwork Angels because that had just come out and I didn't want to miss out on the new album hype. I'm still thankful I did that. I wouldn't have gotten another chance.
  • Like 1

As of the time this comment has been made, the only CDs I collected are these (because I am a poor mofo):

A Farewell To Kings (Remaster)

Permanent Waves (Remaster)

Moving Pictures (Remaster)

Roll The Bones

Counterparts

Test For Echo

Different Stages (missing Disc 1, I got this and a few others second hand)

• Like 1

Caress of Steel ..... on recommendation from a mate ..... my first encounter with Rush in '75 as a wide-eyed innocent 17 yr old lol!
  • Like 3

Caress of Steel ..... on recommendation from a mate ..... my first encounter with Rush in '75 as a wide-eyed innocent 17 yr old lol!

Dang, I think that's the first I've ever heard of someone getting into Rush via Caress Of Steel. That's awesome! lol

• Like 3

Dang, I think that's the first I've ever heard of someone getting into Rush via Caress Of Steel. That's awesome! lol

Hehehe .... yeah, not your obvious point of initial contact, but it had just been released so was the first i had even heard of them.

I was very taken by the longer tracks -- that's what hooked me really .... Shortly afterwards i purchased Fly by Night. The rest is history.

• Like 3

Chronicles, I normally like to get a compilation album for a band before I dive into full studio albums

I checked that out from the library for the same reason, didn't know much so started there. :D

• Like 1

Chronicles, I normally like to get a compilation album for a band before I dive into full studio albums

I checked that out from the library for the same reason, didn't know much so started there. :D

Yep, I was just beginning to listen to music, and beginning to get into classic rock. At that point I had already loved Styx, and my uncle introduced me to Triumph, and I had figured I'll get some CD's as I was passing a The Exchange. I tried to think of some other bands I had heard songs from before and really liked, among those that came to mind were Rush, Kansas, Boston, and Oasis.

• Like 1