SPAM THREADS

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Some recent comments from several GD regulars -- along with our own observations -- prompted this...

Grand Designs was originally designed to house the more "silly" threads that were populating Random Samples (silly in a good way, of course). Those threads took on a life of their own and were starting to knock elbows with the other not-so-silly RS threads, so we made a new home for them. And now GD is immensely popular. We also threw what few "spammy" threads that were residing in RS into here as well, saying at the time that we didn't want GD to turn into a mindless spam forum.

But now we're seeing people starting their own spam threads in order to build their post counts, instead of using those few existing ones. And now THOSE new spam threads are are becoming more prevalent in THIS forum. And since this isn't supposed to be a spam forum, well...

We will now ask that people who feel the need to raise their post counts by using the "express lane" to use the existing spam threads that everyone else uses, like Word (or whatever) Association, Catch Up To Test, etc., and not start new ones.

To those who have posted these recent spam threads...no, we're not mad at you or anything. This was a trend that this forum was riding, and you just went along with it. But now that you have reached your goal, maybe we'll close your spam thread.

To those who think this is "micromanaging," it isn't. We don't want GD to turn into a spam forum, so there you go. It's not out of control yet, but we'd rather it not get to that point. We have no plans to create a spam-only forum, so in order to get this forum back on track, this seems like the best solution.

Thanks for your cooperation, and continue to Bake The Rolls!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jul 2 2006, 04:34 PM)
besides, its so much more fun to commandeer someone else's thread biggrin.gif 1287.gif

Rolinda

Shame on

You laugh.gif biggrin.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif common001.gif common001.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif bekloppt.gif bekloppt.gif 653.gif 653.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Jul 2 2006, 08:49 AM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jul 2 2006, 04:34 PM)
besides, its so much more fun to commandeer someone else's thread  biggrin.gif    1287.gif

Rolinda

shhhhhh not suppose to tell laugh.gif

trink39.gif to you 1001 , not to knock anyone who spams but i enjoy going into threads that have some relevance and im glad you care enough about grand designs to not let it become a wasteland of redundant nonsence.

QUOTE (tick @ Jul 2 2006, 11:45 AM)
trink39.gif to you 1001 , not to knock anyone who spams but i enjoy going into threads that have some relevance and im glad you care enough about grand designs to not let it become a wasteland of redundant nonsence.

We all care, bud.

if you read some of the spam threads we do ( or i do ) try to talk and get to know some of the people in here so kinda not spamming but a get to know you thread a few have become ......i enjoy getting to know my friends in here and making new ones i ain't saying sorry for spamming when i do.. do it but just saying some of us talk to each other

I know Whatever laugh.gif But have to agree they are too many popping up I still say take out a few if you must ..start with mine don't matter to me

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 2 2006, 10:55 AM)

We all care, bud.

Yes, all the admins and mods agreed on this. I'm just the one who wrote it out. yes.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 2 2006, 12:16 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 2 2006, 10:55 AM)

We all care, bud.

Yes, all the admins and mods agreed on this. I'm just the one who wrote it out. yes.gif

GROUP HUG ! wink.gif

Good desicion. Although people have the right to post what they want (well, what the admins of any site allow anyway), I personally detest Spam and have never indulged in it.

Whats the big deal about getting a silly badge anyway? Why does anyone care?

I'd like to think that if I do eventually reach the "lofty heights" of having a certain icon against my name then I will have at least earned it....

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jul 2 2006, 12:25 PM)
Good desicion. Although people have the right to post what they want (well, what the admins of any site allow anyway), I personally detest Spam and have never indulged in it.

There's a fine line between allowing people to post what they want and keeping a forum on-topic. If we don't do this now, more and more people will make their own spam threads and this forum will be overrun with them. And that would, you know, suck. biggrin.gif

Archived