Garlic

tangy

My main gardening interest is hot peppers, but last fall I planted approximately 450 cloves of garlic. Both of those plants I consider medicinal in addition to delicous. I like garlic raw, or raw chopped with herbs and mixed with olive oil, on the grill or baked in the oven. Anyway last saturday I harvested my patch. Here it is. any other garlic lovers out there?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f321/mikemoran/IMG_2108.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f321/mikemoran/IMG_2107.jpg

I love love love garlic! Who doesn't?

Funny story: my wife and I once went to a Massachusetts restaurant called "Le Garlique." They put lots of garlic in everything, including both of our entrees. Unfortunately, we made the mistake of also ordering roasted garlic for an appetizer. After we got home, we stunk up our apartment... we were burping, farting, and sweating a garlic smell thoughout the place! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (tangdog @ Jun 23 2006, 05:57 PM)
My main gardening interest is hot peppers, but last fall I planted approximately 450 cloves of garlic. Both of those plants I consider medicinal in addition to delicous. I like garlic raw, or raw chopped with herbs and mixed with olive oil, on the grill or baked in the oven. Anyway last saturday I harvested my patch. Here it is. any other garlic lovers out there?

Send some my way. biggrin.gif

I use garlic in almost everything I cook.

I especially like it for boneless pork chops

or chicken in butter.

Nice harvest. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 23 2006, 02:11 PM)
I love love love garlic! Who doesn't?

Funny story: my wife and I once went to a Massachusetts restaurant called "Le Garlique." They put lots of garlic in everything, including both of our entrees. Unfortunately, we made the mistake of also ordering roasted garlic for an appetizer. After we got home, we stunk up our apartment... we were burping, farting, and sweating a garlic smell thoughout the place! biggrin.gif

z7shysterical.gif

Sounds like you two had some fun. tongue.gif

There's a restaurant in Los Angeles called The Garlic Rose that specializes in garlic dishes too. I always wanted to go there when I lived there, but it never happened.

Yeah, garlic rocks. yes.gif

I never had any luck growin it sad.gif

it never came up for me confused13.gif

how did u get so f*ckin much?? whats ur secret??

and try this with a clove,

Just toast some bread, any kind u like...

and just rub the clove on it, Yummm

easy and yummy,

of course Roastin it in the oven

with drizzled E.V.O till its all

mooshy is GREAT also

GARLIC!!!!!! I love onion garlic pizza...LSM won't come near me, though! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 23 2006, 11:31 PM)
I love garlic, tastes good, makes everything else better, and lowers cholesteral how can you not love it?

Bad breath! laugh.gif bolt.gif

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 23 2006, 11:32 PM)
I love garlic, tastes good, makes everything else better, and lowers cholesteral how can you not love it?

and that's why they invented brushing of the teeth, altoids and mint flavored gum......

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 23 2006, 11:38 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 23 2006, 11:32 PM)

and that's why they invented brushing of the teeth, altoids and mint flavored gum......

NAH! Let them run! Kill them with BAD BREATH!!! rofl3.gif

I love garlic too especially garlic bread that is literally soaked in it. It's great for frightening off colds as well.

man... i would love to grow garlic!!!

is it something that does well in the south?

i always wanted to grow artichokes too, but those are hard to do in michigan according to some of the people i've talked to....

i'd have to find out if it grows well in Michigan......when to harvest... etc...

and with that much garlic, how would you store all of it so it doesn't go bad ?.....

Garlic Ice Cream

After a spicy, rich dinner, this dessert is a refreshing climax. It should not be served after a bland, garlic-free meal as the slight hint of garlic will be extremely offensive to some. The strawberry or other fruit topping can be eliminated, along with the sugar, and the resulting mixture can be served with roast beef in lieu of horseradish sauce.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 tsp Gelatin

1/4 cup cold water

2 cups milk

3/4-1 cup sugar

2 tblsp lemon juice

2 cloves garlic, minced

2 cups whipping cream

Strawberry topping (or other fruit)

Directions:

Soak the gelatin in cold water while you heat to a boil the milk, sugar and salt. Dissolve the gelatin in the hot milk. Cool, then add the lemon juice and garlic. Chill the mixture until slushy. Whip the cream until thick but not stiff and stir into the mixture. Freeze in a mold, or in a foil-covered tray.

Garnish servings with the fresh fruit topping. Serves 6-8.

unsure.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Jun 25 2006, 07:39 PM)
Garlic Ice Cream

After a spicy, rich dinner, this dessert is a refreshing climax. It should not be served after a bland, garlic-free meal as the slight hint of garlic will be extremely offensive to some. The strawberry or other fruit topping can be eliminated, along with the sugar, and the resulting mixture can be served with roast beef in lieu of horseradish sauce.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 tsp Gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
2 cups milk
3/4-1 cup sugar
2 tblsp lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups whipping cream
Strawberry topping (or other fruit)
Directions:

Soak the gelatin in cold water while you heat to a boil the milk, sugar and salt. Dissolve the gelatin in the hot milk. Cool, then add the lemon juice and garlic. Chill the mixture until slushy. Whip the cream until thick but not stiff and stir into the mixture. Freeze in a mold, or in a foil-covered tray.

Garnish servings with the fresh fruit topping. Serves 6-8.

unsure.gif

Thanks, I think I will try it.

Archived