Lost-great show or major addiction?

Quyn

Awww, thanks Jack. You really are as good as they all say.

I was thinking he was in a silly sitcom from my childhood (actually, wayyy before my childhood...am sure I watched them in re-runs....lol). Was thinking it was either the Bob Newhart Show or I Dream of Jeanie.

Mistaken identity, I guess.

But thanks for the speedy response. Will have to look into Tombstone.

Cel

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Celine @ Oct 19 2006, 02:17 PM)
Awww, thanks Jack. You really are as good as they all say.

I was thinking he was in a silly sitcom from my childhood (actually, wayyy before my childhood...am sure I watched them in re-runs....lol). Was thinking it was either the Bob Newhart Show or I Dream of Jeanie.

Mistaken identity, I guess.

But thanks for the speedy response. Will have to look into Tombstone.

Cel

My pleasure, anytime.

QUOTE (Celine @ Oct 19 2006, 05:47 PM)
Maybe someday they'll explain how Shannon managed to get to Australia, when her last flashback had her begging for money to get to New York. Did I miss something?

Celine,

Shannon begging for money was a flashback. Her wealthy father had died following a car crash (in Jack's emergency room while he was saving Sarah, one of many pre-crash encounters and coincidences).

Her stepmother (Boone's mother) effectively cut off all her money as she had control of the fortune after the will, and Shannon entered into a vicious circle of toxic relationships, all of which Boone rescued her from, the most recent of which was in Australia.

Thanks, Madra....makes more sense now. Think I will rewatch this whole series when they go on break. So many subtle nuances to pick up on.

Sigh....I need a Boone in my life to rescue me from toxic relationships. unsure.gif

Love, love, love this show.

laters,

Cel

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Celine @ Oct 25 2006, 05:44 PM)
not reading, not reading, not reading....better log off quick

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Anyone else here think that the show has "lost" something this season???? I have always considered this show one of the greats but it just seems to drag on and on with hardly anything substantial happening this year (until Mr Eko has his run in with the scary cloud thing last week)... I'm still glued to my TV Wed at 9:00 pm but I just want something to happen more substantial than watching everyone sit around in jail cells/enclosed rooms....... I also noticed that for the first time Criminal Minds beat Lost in the Nielsen ratings last week sad.gif

i dunno.... i am kinda bummed this is the last show this week for MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!

i was bummed about eko... i liked his character......

you know they're going to leave us totally hanging until it comes back....

in january, right???

I have found it less interesting this season too. Was thinking it was because this is the first time I've actually watched it in real time, as opposed to on DVD.

I don't like the new locations. They are boring. Jack's blonde chick and the guy with the spinal tumor are totally unappealling. I don't care what happens to them. Jack's being kind of sniveling and boring too.

Still love Kate and Sawyer. But am tired of them being stuck in monkey cages. The story line where they "maybe" implanted the device in Sawyer's heart was interesting. Sawyer (and the guy who plays him) keep me coming back.

I like the beach and the jungle locale. I miss Saeed. What have they done with him for the last month? Please(!!) let Hurley be Hurley again. Give Charlie some heroine. JUST DO SOMETHING!!

Okay...rant over. But just know that you are not alone.

Cel

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Nov 6 2006, 01:04 PM)
i dunno.... i am kinda bummed this is the last show this week for MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!
i was bummed about eko... i liked his character......
you know they're going to leave us totally hanging until it comes back....
in january, right???

About the Eko thing-word around the campfire was that Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was depressed over losing both of his parents last year and was anxious to return home to start his directing career, so they wrote him out. I do agree that he was an intriguing (if rather scary) character.

I agree that this season is lacking something. I'm still enjoying the episodes and stuff, but the storylines have faltered a bit.

Oh. and Sayed was in the 2nd episode.

sawyer is HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drool: wub.gif

i think he should be "People's" sexiest man alive this year.... yes.gif

I understand what is being said about the plot moving along slowly at this point, but I think back to the first four or five episodes from season two, and remember that most of the action a year ago was little more than the Tailies walking around in the jungle for several episodes, with prisoners in tow.

My hope is that the pattern will continue, and the last three quarters of the season picks up momentum, just as the last one did.

I have a hunch that, "the eyepatch guy" is going to spin the series off in an entirely different direction.

That is; I hope so.

According to Damon Lindleoff (Sp?), something will happen in this week's episode that will blow everyones' minds and lead to shark jumping accusations galore.

Could be interesting.

I actually like the way this series is going so far - Desmond's development is potentially fascinating, the Jack / Ben / Juliet storyline is a good one (heads up to the Dylan fans in the writing team) and Locke is becoming a MAN again.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Nov 8 2006, 09:46 PM)
I really like the show. I'm not so sure about the direction that it's gone this season and I think it sucks that it will be off the air until January. smile.gif

I'm actually relieved. Last season was a nightmare - Two episodes, a repeat, three episodes, two repeats, an episode, two repeats (repeat to fade)- Did anyone know where they were from episode to episode?.

At least now we know where we stand, and hopefully tonight will give us an interesting mini-cliffhanger to hypothesise about for two months.

What made it worse for me was not living in the US / Canada, I was dependant on Limewire or Travis's Site to pull episodes off the net, although Irish TV is catching up - We're on Episode 2 of Series 3 this week.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Nov 8 2006, 08:24 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Nov 8 2006, 09:46 PM)
I really like the show.  I'm not so sure about the direction that it's gone this season and I think it sucks that it will be off the air until January. smile.gif

I'm actually relieved. Last season was a nightmare - Two episodes, a repeat, three episodes, two repeats, an episode, two repeats (repeat to fade)- Did anyone know where they were from episode to episode?.

At least now we know where we stand, and hopefully tonight will give us an interesting mini-cliffhanger to hypothesise about for two months.

What made it worse for me was not living in the US / Canada, I was dependant on Limewire or Travis's Site to pull episodes off the net, although Irish TV is catching up - We're on Episode 2 of Series 3 this week.

They should take a cue from 24. They don't start a new season of 24 until January. It's a long wait after the official start of the fall season, but that late start allows them to show all 24 episodes in a row without any repeats in between. There's a couple of one- or two-week breaks in there but that's usually due to holidays or special programming, but no repeats to mess up the continuity. They've done it that way the past two seasons and the ratings have been great because people know they can tune in every week and get a new episode.

I'm hoping that the short hiatus will build suspense, and give the show momentum as it feeds us new episodes, without any repeats. At least, that's their plan.

On a related note, I would like to extend an invitation to anyone who is interested in the discussion of Lost, to a forum devoted to it.

But first; I have to give thanks to 1-0-0-1-0-0-1, who I PM'd yesterday, asking if posting a link would be appropriate. He consulted with the other admins, to get their input, and they very graciously agreed to allow me to offer the opportunity to you. I owe them, and will probably repay them in beer, as agreed! wink.gif tongue.gif

I was very concerned that the link would come across as some kind of spam, and I didnt want my intentions to be taken incorrectly. Although I'm not a daily contributor to TRF, I come to this Lost thread often, because everyone here seems to have an interest in the show, and enjoy discussing the theories and possibilities.

I hope you take the time to check out the site. We are a very small number of devoted fans, who are looking for others who feel the same way.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/The_Lost_Exper...dex.php?act=idx

Thanks for reading this long-winded post, Lostians!

~LaFella

QUOTE (LaFellaStrangiato @ Nov 8 2006, 09:56 PM)
I'm hoping that the short hiatus will build suspense, and give the show momentum as it feeds us new episodes, without any repeats. At least, that's their plan.

On a related note, I would like to extend an invitation to anyone who is interested in the discussion of Lost, to a forum devoted to it.

But first; I have to give thanks to 1-0-0-1-0-0-1, who I PM'd yesterday, asking if posting a link would be appropriate. He consulted with the other admins, to get their input, and they very graciously agreed to allow me to offer the opportunity to you. I owe them, and will probably repay them in beer, as agreed! wink.gif tongue.gif

I was very concerned that the link would come across as some kind of spam, and I didnt want my intentions to be taken incorrectly. Although I'm not a daily contributor to TRF, I come to this Lost thread often, because everyone here seems to have an interest in the show, and enjoy discussing the theories and possibilities.

I hope you take the time to check out the site. We are a very small number of devoted fans, who are looking for others who feel the same way.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/The_Lost_Exper...dex.php?act=idx

Thanks for reading this long-winded post, Lostians!

~LaFella

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.....

No one asked me!

RR! 1-0! My office! Now!

IT"S BAAACK.......... (tonite)

653.gif

(and it'a about f***ing time too...i had to read this thread so i coud remember what the hell this show is all about!!!)