Lost-great show or major addiction?

Quyn

QUOTE (war2112 @ Sep 19 2005, 08:31 PM)
I skipped out on the entire first season because I thought it was some Survivor rip-off. I did not even know that it was a drama. I just thought it was another reality TV entry.

That is exactly what I thought too, and I never watched an episode. However, a friend of mine, who is a big Lost fan, bought the first season on DVD and handed it to me and told me "I hope you don't plan on sleeping this week." Well, he gave the DVDS to me on Sunday and I have watched the entire first season. Fantastic TV. How many episodes in the new season have aired so far? I'm sure my buddy has them on TiVo.

I pretty much figured from the beginning that the "monster" was some type of mechanical security device. I'll be interested to see what happens in the 'hatch.'

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Sep 29 2005, 12:33 PM)
I skipped out on the entire first season because I thought it was some Survivor rip-off. I did not even know that it was a drama. I just thought it was another reality TV entry.

That is exactly what I thought too, and I never watched an episode. However, a friend of mine, who is a big Lost fan, bought the first season on DVD and handed it to me and told me "I hope you don't plan on sleeping this week." Well, he gave the DVDS to me on Sunday and I have watched the entire first season. Fantastic TV. How many episodes in the new season have aired so far? I'm sure my buddy has them on TiVo.

I pretty much figured from the beginning that the "monster" was some type of mechanical security device. I'll be interested to see what happens in the 'hatch.'

Last night was the 2nd show of the new season...I'm gonna wait for the DVD's to come out myself. Nothing like watching a tv show at anytime you want and without the commercials....take out the commercials and there is a real nice flow to the show...I work nights and always miss the tv shows but thank God for the idea of putting the shows on DVD's 1022.gif

Rented discs 2 and 3 today....

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Sep 29 2005, 10:48 AM)
Don't tell me too much, we haven't downloaded it yet so it'll probably be sometime tomorrow before I'll see it mad.gif

Oh, I wouldn't have even thought of posting any spoilers so I hope your mad.gif symbol is only because you had to wait to see it.

Hope you enjoyed it!

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 27 2005, 09:43 AM)
Rented first disc....just finished watching part 1 of the pilot......

WOW!

You gotta love a tv show which looks really like a very long movie yes.gif

Definitely will rent disc 2 (maybe even 3) later this week yes.gif

Excellent point!

It really is like a long movie.

Especially when you watch the first season on DVD without the commercials and at your leisure. I'm afraid I really couldn't watch it at my leisure, though, as it had definitely "assumed control". laugh.gif I certainly neglected some daily tasks (like eating) to watch this show.

I don't recall any series that played out like this. Now I am watching the second season as it comes and have to wait a week between episodes. However, it still flows in a real time manner. I don't think this has ever been done before. There have been tons of shows that developed characters over the course of their run and even tied episodes together (however loosely), but nothing like this.

Yes, this is landmark TV. No question about it. These guys have a bona-fide blockbuster on their hands if they can keep up the quality. The story is so open-ended as to be practically endless.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Sep 29 2005, 12:33 PM)

biggrin.gif

That's great!

That's what happened to me. I rented that first disc and then I gobbled up the rest just as soon as I could. I swear, I was like a junkie looking for my fix!

This is excellent TV. I'm already thinking it may very well be the best I have ever seen on TV.

I applaud the creators/writers/actors in this show.

Bravo!

QUOTE (war2112 @ Sep 30 2005, 01:51 AM)
However, it still flows in a real time manner. I don't think this has ever been done before.

My bad, I just remembered that show 24 with Keifer Sutherland does unfurl in real time. I have never seen that show so that's why I made the mistake of saying that it had never been done before.

Actually, I would bet that all of the parties involved with these shows may have gotten inspiration from that Johnny Depp movie Nick of Time. In this movie Johnny Depp's character must assasinate a politician in order to ransom his son from the guys that demand this action. It also unfurled in real time and at 88 minutes was a taught thriller.

Finished watching the 1st season this week on DVD and watched the first 2 episodes of Season 2 on Tivo. Now, I've got to wait a week between episodes like everyone else. laugh.gif It is a great show, and it's getting even more weird in the 2nd season. Who are "the others" and why are they there???

SPOILAGE BELOW.....

Damn! A buddy of mine TiVo'd the first two episodes of the new season, but it stopped recording about 10 minutes or so before the end of the most recent episode. I saw Sawyer and Mike on the raft, but it stopped there. According to the recap on the ABC site, they apparently found the Korean and saw "the others"??? Can anyone fill me as to what happend at the end of last Wednesday's episode??

Please post any 'Lost' spoilers in this thread. Thanks!

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Oct 2 2005, 10:17 PM)
Here's another spoiler!!!:

Something surprising happens maybe!!!

rofl3.gif

Finally have started on this series through the magic of dvd. Although there seems to be some times the writers went to lunch, overall I'm pretty happy with it. Watching Episode 12 tonight and should finish the rest of Season 1 in the next couple weeks.

Any general comments on Season 2?? Did it go downhill, stay interesting, or get better?

cool.gif

Schro

Nope, none at all. I was kinda interested in seeing what they were going to do to explain the guy under the tunnel, and that is one weird story. I have to admit I've only seen the new episodes and the last 2 or 3 of the previous season, I fell in the category of people thinking it was a Survivor ripoff. But these new shows are good.

I wonder when they will start to explain about the boy, I kinda wanna see that storyline progress.

Definitely my favourite show. So far the 2nd season has been great - although I admit the bomb shelter guy meeting Jack previously seems a bit of a stretch - but I'm sure there will be some kind of link back in a later episode that explains it all. It's the only show I set my VCR for If I'm out on a Wednesday. Last time I set my VCR to tape a series was for the first few years of X Files.

QUOTE (Mr_Crunch @ Oct 11 2005, 08:37 AM)
although I admit the bomb shelter guy meeting Jack previously seems a bit of a stretch

You find that a stretch? Considering all that has happened in the show so far (magic lottery numbers that are machine stamped on the hatch, clouds of black smoke trying to drag survivors into the bowels of the earth, etc..), I found that sort of predictable! wink.gif

I think the "hatch" scenario is a huge B.F. Skinner project. A big mind f**k.

As a matter of interest, the Hanso Foundation website is actually live, and the Active Projects page may give some clues. Mathematical forecasting, anybody??.

There is a 'hidden' link named Dharma Initiative under the list, but I can't get it to work. I'm presuming it links to the orientation film, but I'm still trying it......just in case.

Edited by madra sneachta

Did anyone else notice that the woman (Rodriguez) that was thrown into the "pit" with Jin, Sawyer and Michael was the same woman that was hitting on Jack in the airport before the flight in one of his flashback scenes?

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Oct 12 2005, 12:04 AM)
Did anyone else notice that the woman (Rodriguez) that was thrown into the "pit" with Jin, Sawyer and Michael was the same woman that was hitting on Jack in the airport before the flight in one of his flashback scenes?

Yeah, what's the deal with all of the people from Jack's past being on the island??? I really enjoyed the first season, but the second season is lacking some of the "mystery" of the first. So far, the second season is a little weird. But, I'll be glued to the TV tonight at 9:00 wink.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Oct 12 2005, 05:57 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Oct 12 2005, 12:04 AM)

Yeah, what's the deal with all of the people from Jack's past being on the island??? I really enjoyed the first season, but the second season is lacking some of the "mystery" of the first. So far, the second season is a little weird. But, I'll be glued to the TV tonight at 9:00 wink.gif

Ummmm... she's not from his past.. she's from the flight. She was sitting in the back of the plane.