Lost-great show or major addiction?

Quyn

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 5 2006, 06:51 AM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ May 5 2006, 12:28 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 4 2006, 01:18 PM)
Did you folks catch the commercial? If not, then click this.

No I didnt actually, what is this all about?

The Hanso Foundation funded the Dharma Initiative. Supposedly, there's all kinds of clues on the website, but they're really hard to find. Try clicking on the link for the newsletter sign-up and enter a screen name. Also, when the commercial ran during the show Wednesday, there was a line at the end that said "For more information, call 1-877-HANSORG". Supposedly there are more clues if you call and listen to the menus and voice-mail greetings. I called, and hit the number for Dr. Alvar Hanso. The greeting started and was interrupted by a panicky female voice asking "Where is Dr. Hanso? He's missing". I've been checking 'Lost' fansites periodically to see if anyone has cracked the code, but so far no one has.

The Dharma Initiative also has it's own website, Dharma Initiative you can watch the orientation video that Locke watched when they first got into the hatch by clicking on the logo.

Great find on the Hanso Foundation site Jack!

I have a couple of friends from work that will love this biggrin.gif

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Moonraker @ May 4 2006, 12:09 PM)
I wonder if they are going to bother explaining what Libby was doing in the mental hospital with Hurley from a few episodes ago, or that they are just going to leave it alone now that shes gonna be dead.

I've got ten bucks that say she's not dead, Jim.

Here's the link for another site that was advertised on the Hanso Foundation commercial last night, allegedly it contains clues. subLYMONal.com

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 11 2006, 07:40 AM)
Here's the link for another site that was advertised on the Hanso Foundation commercial last night, allegedly it contains clues. subLYMONal.com

I figured out the puzzle. The response was "Code: Heir Apparent". I have no idea what it means.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 11 2006, 08:56 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 11 2006, 07:40 AM)

I figured out the puzzle. The response was "Code: Heir Apparent". I have no idea what it means.

Go to http://thehansofoundation.org/index.html#section=bios and click on the picture for Thomas Mittlewerk's bio. You are supposed to enter the code in the box on that page. I do it but nothing happens.

Where the heck is loismustdie@yahoo.com (CP poster) when you need him?

lois and i entered "Heir Apparent" last night, but the site was acting all funny and things weren't loading properly. i think it might be getting more traffic than it can handle at this point

OBEY

as for the hanso foundation site, we've gotten into persephone and joop's messaging system with the letters, and the "where is dr. hanso" last seen thing.

when we called 877-hansorg last week, we got into the voicemail boxes for various people in the hanso foundation. it also mentions a partnership with widdmore, which has come up numerous times, and there's music playing in the background, which sounds french to me.

this show could make me crazy fing.gif

i think i have to buy the new lost glarkware shirt

ok... here's the horrible horrible horrible supposition put forth by my incredibly smart husband.

the website game? is a sprite ad

OBEY

subLYMONal

i'm really going to be sick if it turns out to be true. if you look at the clock in the upper left, at certain times of day (4, 8, 15, etc.) the clock will display "OBEY"

and, if you go to the sprite page there's a counter at the top that is counting down to end at midnight on may 31st... not sure what that means, but the whole thing is weird.

ohhhhhhhhhh, and if you enter "heir apparent" into the blank field on mittelwerk's page, it only works if you've talked to persephone first (and maybe sent a message to joop and followed hanso's locations around europe). then you get another of those little clickable video things... it's neat.

plus they have the new press release up on the front page about "don't believe bad twin" and you can go to the pdf about the book... which you can incidentally buy off amazon.com, and supposedly has stuff about dharma in it... and sawyer was reading the script on the beach and jack burned it

tongue.gif

Edited by feelingwithyourskin

Next to last episode of the season tonight.

Here's some good news for all of us who got fed up with the constant repeats of Lost this season. Found this on TVGuide.com this morning.

Lost Repeats Voted Off the Island
Are the castaways pulling a Prison Break? Scheduling-wise, it looks that way. In a Tuesday-morning conference call, ABC entertainment president Steve McPherson announced that Lost will launch its third season with seven consecutive new episodes, temporarily cede its time slot to the Taye Diggs midseason thriller Day Break, and then return for an uninterrupted run in January or early February, Variety reports. On your mark, get set... discuss. 

QUOTE (roll the bones @ May 17 2006, 08:07 AM)
Next to last episode of the season tonight.

Here's some good news for all of us who got fed up with the constant repeats of Lost this season. Found this on TVGuide.com this morning.

Lost Repeats Voted Off the Island
Are the castaways pulling a Prison Break? Scheduling-wise, it looks that way. In a Tuesday-morning conference call, ABC entertainment president Steve McPherson announced that Lost will launch its third season with seven consecutive new episodes, temporarily cede its time slot to the Taye Diggs midseason thriller Day Break, and then return for an uninterrupted run in January or early February, Variety reports. On your mark, get set... discuss. 

It's definitely an improvement from the current schedule, but what I'd really like to see instead of a split season is to begin the season late, like 24 does, and just run it straight through without breaks or repeats.

unfortunately, they have to split the show, because of sweeps. there is no way they'd end earlier than may sweeps, so unless they didn't start the new season until say... november sweeps, a continuous run would never happen. plus the number of viewers drops during the end of december/beginning of january, with the holidays around then, so nobody runs new episodes at that time.

i can deal with a prison break type schedule. it's not my ideal, as snowdog said, but i understand the why's of it

bumper.gif Season finale-tonight 9-11 pm, est. Supposedly we'll finally get some answers.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 24 2006, 02:08 PM)
bumper.gif Season finale-tonight 9-11 pm, est. Supposedly we'll finally get some answers.

Knowing the way that JJ, Damon and carlton operate Jack, I suspect we'll get WAAAY more questions though. However, in a recent ABC podcast, Damon seemed to suggest it won't end on quite as breathtaking a cliffhanger as season 1 did.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ May 24 2006, 10:12 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 24 2006, 02:08 PM)

Knowing the way that JJ, Damon and carlton operate Jack, I suspect we'll get WAAAY more questions though. However, in a recent ABC podcast, Damon seemed to suggest it won't end on quite as breathtaking a cliffhanger as season 1 did.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. I once read a quote that sums it up nicely: " 'Lost' is like the worst psycho girlfriend you ever had; it shows up once a week, screws with your head for an hour, and then leaves".

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 24 2006, 09:15 AM)
Wouldn't surprise me at all. I once read a quote that sums it up nicely: " 'Lost' is like the worst psycho girlfriend you ever had; it shows up once a week, screws with your head for an hour, and then leaves".

and sometimes she's boring and refuses to put out

ok, lost party tonight trink38.gif

What exactly happened when the key was turned?

Why did Charlie not urge everyone to go back to the hatch to check on Eko and Locke?

Are Michael and Walt truly headed toward rescue?

Did I hear Inman right? A natural electromagnetic phenomenon?!

What's up with the Russian guys at the remote station?

A statue leg with four toes?

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 25 2006, 08:28 AM)
What exactly happened when the key was turned?

Why did Charlie not urge everyone to go back to the hatch to check on Eko and Locke?

Are Michael and Walt truly headed toward rescue?

Did I hear Inman right? A natural electromagnetic phenomenon?!

What's up with the Russian guys at the remote station?

A statue leg with four toes?

And what about..................... Mary....................... Lou? confused13.gif bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ May 25 2006, 12:40 PM)
I didnt like how that whole hanso foundation ended up being one big monster.com commercial.

this week it was monster

last week it was jeep

the week before it was sprite

so irritating... i haven't gotten a chance to unlock whatever there is to unlock this week, since the site is slower than shit. hopefully things will be moving faster tonight or tomorrow