Summer Sandal Oath

sundog

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 27 2006, 03:06 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 26 2006, 11:23 AM)
I'm a GUY, but I wear sandals all summer.

I promise to abide by every rule... except the last one, about getting a pedicure.

So... you're even going to shave the hairs off your big toes? Cool! laugh.gif

now thats something I'd like to see z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (chaotica @ Apr 27 2006, 08:47 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 27 2006, 03:06 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 26 2006, 11:23 AM)
I'm a GUY, but I wear sandals all summer.

I promise to abide by every rule... except the last one, about getting a pedicure.

So... you're even going to shave the hairs off your big toes? Cool! laugh.gif

now thats something I'd like to see z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif fing.gif http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h173/blonde77th/baby006.gif icon_alienjig.gif moon.gif bumper.gif

Seeing as I do nails for a living (many many many pedicures) I have seen it all.

The first thing I look at when I meet someone is there nails and (if they are wearing sandals) their feet and there is NOTHING quite as repulsive as bear feet in sandals with grody toenails, overgrown cuticles and thick yellow callused skin on the heels. Even worse if it is dried and cracked.

Girls and boys, our feet hold us up ALL THE TIME - be kind to them and your fellow man and have a pedicure or at least give yourself one. No one likes to see nasty feet!! 062802puke_prv.gif

A public service message from your friendly RUSH fan nail technician.

And BTW, I will be doing checks for UGLY feet at RC6!!!!!!! Don't make me have to fine you for improper foot care! wink.gif

QUOTE (Rushgirl @ May 11 2006, 01:43 PM)
Seeing as I do nails for a living (many many many pedicures) I have seen it all.

The first thing I look at when I meet someone is there nails and (if they are wearing sandals) their feet and there is NOTHING quite as repulsive as bear feet in sandals with grody toenails, overgrown cuticles and thick yellow callused skin on the heels. Even worse if it is dried and cracked.

Girls and boys, our feet hold us up ALL THE TIME - be kind to them and your fellow man and have a pedicure or at least give yourself one. No one likes to see nasty feet!! 062802puke_prv.gif

And BTW, I will be doing checks for UGLY feet at RC6!!!!!!! Don't make me have to fine you for improper foot care! wink.gif

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif expect you to report on this when you get back z7shysterical.gif

Finally some summery weather here. Got the sandals on this weekend!

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 26 2006, 12:38 PM)
People with ugly feet should not wear sandals.

Hey! I wouldn't wear a bikini! If you ain't got it, don't flaunt it!

z7shysterical.gif

And Da Fly will NOT go shirtless in public.

And what aboot those women who wear green spandex by the acre, and wife beaters worn by guys hairier than a Bigfoot convention?

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jun 9 2006, 01:15 AM)
soooooooo is every one following the rules ??

yes.gif

QUOTE (Rushgirl @ May 11 2006, 01:43 PM)

Bugger, I've never had a pedicure - EVER. I have lots of sandals that I will be bringing to RC 6 wacko.gif I supposed I'd better get some foot cream or something!!

*looks at yellow skin on heels* sad.gif Oops sad.gif

Salt with a little olive oil or baby oil added makes a nice cheap scrub - gets a lot of the flaky stuff off. That and lotion every night before you go to bed.

*Checks her heels*

Nope, I'm not making a total liar of myself. They're passable. biggrin.gif

And yeah, I pretty much live in sandals in the summer (I HATE stockings) and boots in winter. There's not a lot of in-between with me.

After weeks of rain, we're finally into true "summer" weather. I'm wearing the sandals everyday now, even to work.

The wife says I need some work on the toenails, though.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 21 2006, 08:25 AM)
After weeks of rain, we're finally into true "summer" weather. I'm wearing the sandals everyday now, even to work.

Didn't you read the rules first ?

laugh.gif LOL.gif

unsure.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 21 2006, 07:25 AM)

Eww!!!!

Hmmm - speaking of toenails - if all stays quiet, I might actually get mine done over lunch today. I just ordered a pair of sandals strappier than the ones I usually wear...

*Looks at her foot and grimaces* Oh crap. I thought I got all the silver glitter polish off.... blush4.gif

ETA: I got the pedicure - and boys? There was a guy in there getting one, too. So you don't have an excuse... wink.gif

QUOTE (Rushgirl @ May 11 2006, 11:43 AM)

The first thing I look at when I meet someone  is there nails and (if they are wearing sandals) their feet and there is NOTHING quite as repulsive as bear feet in sandals with grody toenails, overgrown cuticles and thick yellow callused skin on the heels.  Even worse if it is dried and cracked.

Girls and boys, our feet hold us up ALL THE TIME - be kind to them and your fellow man and have a pedicure or at least give yourself one.  No one likes to see nasty feet!! 062802puke_prv.gif

And BTW, I will be doing checks for UGLY feet at RC6!!!!!!!  Don't make me have to fine you for improper foot care! wink.gif

think they could paint me a 2.gif on my big toe?

Another rule should be, all will pledge not to buy/wear those god-awful "Croc" sandals. They are the ugliest shoe/sandal i've ever seen. I don't care how comfortable they are, I always get a wink.gif on my face whenever I see them in public.

062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jun 22 2006, 11:18 PM)
QUOTE (Rushgirl @ May 11 2006, 11:43 AM)

The first thing I look at when I meet someone  is there nails and (if they are wearing sandals) their feet and there is NOTHING quite as repulsive as bear feet in sandals with grody toenails, overgrown cuticles and thick yellow callused skin on the heels.  Even worse if it is dried and cracked.

Girls and boys, our feet hold us up ALL THE TIME - be kind to them and your fellow man and have a pedicure or at least give yourself one.  No one likes to see nasty feet!! 062802puke_prv.gif

And BTW, I will be doing checks for UGLY feet at RC6!!!!!!!  Don't make me have to fine you for improper foot care! wink.gif

think they could paint me a 2.gif on my big toe?

You would be very surprised at what RG can do with nails!!

I've been using a pumice stone on my heels and big toes. You know, where the icky dry skin builds up. It works OK, but it's a lot of work. I also use this silly "Dead Sea" mineral foot lotion my mother-in-law gave me. Those two things together work. It's still hard to keep my feet from looking dirty, though. I wear flip-flops all summer. No fancy schmancy anything. $2 flip-flops from Wal Mart. I've kept nail polish off of my toe nails, too. All of the chlorine and sea water do a number on the nail polish.

My best friend brought her kids over today and while our younguns were playing, we gave ourselves at-home pedicures. smile.gif She brought a foot scrub and we didn't do a bad job, actually. I've been faithfully upholding my summer sandal oath.

My toenails are painted "Italian Love Affair" pink. Who thinks up these names for colors? rofl3.gif

Archived